It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the City of London?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The city of London does have its own police force separate from the metropolitan. I know this first hand. City police drive red police cars and there uniforms are slightly different from the Metropolitan Police.
london.allinfo-about.com...

The city of London does have its own lord mayor his name is Michael Berry Savory the head of the Corporation of London.
en.wikipedia.org...

Actually i have been meaning to look further into this as i sure i read here on ats once something about the queen having to bow when she enters Rothchilds. Not sure. I been meaning to read that ats Rothschild’s link for some time.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just for your information. When I worked in the "City of London," in 1993 we called it "Central London." Perhaps people expanded the area in their thoughts just a bit, however that was the consensus of day to day people. Now how it is formally named, yes it is the "City of London."

People who have not lived there do not realize how huge the area of London actually is, you catch a train to go to work, and most of it goes right to central London. All around the area you travel on the tubes, or "subways."

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I suppose there are three answers to this. You have already discounted one of these (the "whole" city of London).

The "real" City of London, for the most part, can be thought of as being one of the other 20-odd London boroughs, and is a small area of central London for which the local authority is called the Corporation of London. For historical reasons that I'm not sure about, there are quite significant differences between the Corporation and the other boroughs (like the Corporation having its own mayor and police force, and in the composition and election of councillors/aldermen). Since it doesn't have the overbearing political leanings of other boroughs, and because it has a historic "town hall" in the form of the Guildhall, many national and international events are held here. Check out their web-site here:

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk...

The other "City of London" is the geographical concentration of financial institutions into the area governed by the Corporation of London, and which is now spilling over into neighbouring boroughs. It can therefore simply mean the financial markets that are located there (e.g. "In the City today, shares rose by 1.5%, and the £ lost ground against the $" etc.) This is also known as "the square mile".

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
David Icke does comment on 'the City of London' in his books, even with a pic of a statue of a dragon at the enterance to the legal quarter (I think this is what he states) - Dragon / reptile - get it?!

He also says the 'Lon' in London comes from 'Babylon' - It sounds plausable to me, but I'm just saying that off the cuff because I've never read it anywhere else.

London definately has it's share of secrets, there was a great show on UK TV a few years back, The Mark Thomas Product, this guy was a stand-up comic who's show mixed stand-up comedy with politics and he did a show about the secret underground tunnels around London, and their hidden enterances and such. I don't mean the subway/Underground, or the discontinued/incomplete tube lines and stations, it was all connected to the MoD.

Great program, trying to find more info, or a torrent of it online now, since Channel 4 (the broadcasting channel) have said they have no interest in releasing the series on DVD (surprisingly!
)

www.mtcp.co.uk... (Official site)
www.channel4.com... (Channel 4 site for the show)

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I was in the city of London last night, i didnt see no illuminati members, reptilians or anything unnormal. Its just a place guys.

Yeah, i read Children of the Matrix by David Icke and the bit about the city of london was interesting. According to my personal theory, the illuminati would use Canterbury, UK as their main headquarters to Canterbury being the "holy City" of England.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I also work in The City of London, but in a hospital not in the finance industry. If you work in finance you tend to say you work in "The City", and people think you are rolling in money. It is the equivalent of working on Wall Street.

It is essentially a borough of London, but does have a few unique differences, such as it's police force have gold braiding on their uniforms. Also the local government is elected mainly by businesses, as hardly anyone actually lives in the area. Property is very expensive, and even the bankers who own flats in the area all go to their houses in the country at the weekend.

It has a history stretching back 1000s of years, and was even the centre of finance for the Romans in England. Considering the mind boggling amounts of money that have passed through it, and the number of very, very rich (and sometimes very corrupt) people who operate in it; I'm sure it is one of the most conspiricy laden square miles on the planet.

Every night I get the bus over Blackfriers bridge where God's Banker, Robert Calvi, was found hanging. It was called suicide at the time, but has recently been proven beyond doubt to be murder:

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.smh.com.au...

The murder itself was full of masonic symbolisim, which even a skeptic like me can't argue with. Fascinating stuff.

And yes, all the entrances to "The City" are guarded by 2 dragons, though personally I don't think it has anything to do with "reptilians", and Icke is most probably a lunatic.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Every night I get the bus over Blackfriers bridge where God's Banker, Robert Calvi, was found hanging. It was called suicide at the time, but has recently been proven beyond doubt to be murder:

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.smh.com.au...

The murder itself was full of masonic symbolisim, which even a skeptic like me can't argue with. Fascinating stuff.

Wow, that's pretty creepy "2 bricks in his pockets and £15,000 on his person".

That would certainly ring alarm bells with me. Why would anyone intent on suicide carry that amount of cash on their person? Sounds more like a sign, warning or calling card - something symbolic to why he was murdered.

Blaming "The Mafia" is an easy get-out clause too.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

from a site above
the first force numbered about 500 - men only, of course. It had its headquarters in Guildhall but these moved in 1842 to its present location at 26 Old Jewry.

Don't none of that read not unlike none conspiracy minded stuff? Originally at guild-hall, lodge-house of the guild, now its in 'old jewry', masonry mythologically having associations with the jewish temple builders and what not.

I wouldn't suggst that the secret dark evil conspiracy has bothered to poke fun at the rest of us slobs by moving the police in one area from one conspiracy loaded name to another, that'd be kinda dumb. But I point it out, if not because its just interesting, then because its odd to see how simple it is to take coincidences and make conspiracies out of them.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
He also says the 'Lon' in London comes from

Is that the kind of idiocy that icke perpetrates? Wow, I am glad I've not wasted any money on his books. Thats just assinine.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
None of you have mentioned that London as it is known as a whole, is two cities, the City of London, and the City of Westminster.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
to clear a few things up.

The City IS seperate, has its own major, police and borders, and its my favourite place in London. Firstly due to the mix of architecture dating back from the birth of London to ultra modern financial skyscrapers, of which many more are about to be errected. And of course the mystic surronding it.

The city contain hundreds of churches, a masonic lodge, including the grand lodge of england. And of places of interest to David Icke, inclduing Inner Temple, Temple Bar. Whilst also home to many huge corporations such as British-American Tobbaco, Kenneth Clarke a director, on the steering commite of bilderberg etc. The Rothschilds are sill present there, and had a hand in setting up the now privately (touted as independant) owned Bank Of England. Then theres the Jack the Ripper case, centred around the eastern fringes of the city. Street names are often named after the trade that wen't on there a long time again. Milk, Threadneedle (the main artery) etc. The seat of government for the city is the Guildhall, which is very spookey, and has a large crypt in it, very lavish too, with dragon symbology etc. Ooh, and a very nice bookshop on London. Security in the square mile is MASSIVE. Cameras everywhere, a ring of steel, following IRA bombings in broadgate. I'm a photographer and was there in the city taking photos, this car pulled up and asked me to leave. I've seen cars that have just parked 5 mins ago being towed away in an instance.

David Icke claims the CoL authorities own the satanic ritual site of Burnham Beeches, near the Prime Ministers country retreat Chequers. I've been on a walk with my family near chequers and its patroled by armed police, and lots of surveillance equipment.

It has its own voting system due to a very low residential population, with the Businesses inside the mile getting a vote. Hence at the moment it is Conservative controled and has been for decades.

I suggest you have a look on google earth. Just zoom right in to London, and scroll across, you'll see placemarkers like 'Ban' and 'The Gherkin'

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The "City of London" is also the nickname for the "Old Boys Network" who control the City of London.

Old Boys Network:
Lawyers/Juges/Highest Level Police
Bankers
Politicians.

David Icke makes a few mistakes, Inner Temple are now just chambers for barristers and have very little to do with Freemason's these days, otherwise I doubt I'd be allowed in there and have even less to do with the Knights or at least, never seen a horse there.

Mark Christopher Field is the local MP, but I would like to see some links displaying businesses having a say in the vote please, Peyres.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
The city of London does have its own police force separate from the metropolitan. I know this first hand. City police drive red police cars and there uniforms are slightly different from the Metropolitan Police.
london.allinfo-about.com...

The Met's Diplomatic Protection Group use the Red cars, City Police have a Red/White Chec pattern on there Caps and neck ties but thats about it.

[edit on 24/12/2005 by 300k]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

The "City of London" is also the nickname for the "Old Boys Network" who control the City of London.

Old Boys Network:
Lawyers/Juges/Highest Level Police
Bankers
Politicians.

David Icke makes a few mistakes, Inner Temple are now just chambers for barristers and have very little to do with Freemason's these days, otherwise I doubt I'd be allowed in there and have even less to do with the Knights or at least, never seen a horse there.

Mark Christopher Field is the local MP, but I would like to see some links displaying businesses having a say in the vote please, Peyres.

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk...

Business and Charities etc, that have a certain number of employees.

The old Boys network. Barristers
Former base of the Knights Templar, I honestly didn't know that. I've been there on one occasion, didn't go in though. Its just off fleet street and is like in this encolosed private part that runs down to the Thames, with rarther posh residential housing.

Theres a statue outside with a night on a horse holding a torn flag, I'll find me pic:

www.atma83.dsl.pipex.com...

I've got some pictures from outside the temple, and some other strange symbology from around the city. Will upload them soonish

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Peyres]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The City HAS something to do with the New World Order, if we assume that the NWO is this global tyranny (or dictatorial oligarchy) of bankers and financers who dictate The very fact that it is legally and politically unliable and detached to the rest of London and Brittain as a whole makes it a very dangerous place for the rest of the world, since it is sovereign and totally unresponsive to the society that's abroad while the corporations and banks that are there deal with morally critical issues such as natural resources exploitation in the Third World and loans to governments. Not much more a conspiracy than the Vatican, I'd say, but all the people who do "business" there are doing it in total secrecy from everyone who's not involved in their game, even though their game directly affects the entire planet...

I would say the same of Geneva, and of Switzerland as a whole. A huge pooload of dirty money is being funnelled and invested there everyday, but because of its special sovereign status, everything that's being done there is above the Law and human rights. I'd bomb these places by megatons if I'd had the power to... but you know, this world is a terrible place to live!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thank you, Peyres, I didn't have a clue about that and the voting procedure I never did see tagged onto that bill in 2002 - thank you indeed.

City of London, is one of the richest areas of the whole City and in years gone by a host of important people and secret chambers - most of which are now opening up.

Just let me assue you, there is a City under a City and it is about time it is opened up.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
In Canada we have civil courts and criminal courts, and I think the US and UK are similar. In the former, the rights of the individual are observed more strongly, while in the latter the laws and rules of the authority have more power. I cannot offer the names of the books I have read on the subject, but I will share what leads I can. The Magna Carta is the alleged paper ensuring the common man's right to his freedom, and the various judicial and legal authorities have spent the years since then coming up with ways to curtail that freedom. They have created requirements one must abide by in order to enjoy the privileges society offers. Things such as a birth certificate, which is the creation of the incorporation of the entity which is then eligible to participate in the state system. The drivers licence allows one the privilege of motor vehicle use on state roads. The social insurance card, or social security card is another source of gaining benefits offered to citizens who accept the rule of the state. In each case, it makes sense to me that there is a price to pay for these privileges, and I bet that the price is the relinquishing of ones freedom. But there are those who argue that all of it is voluntary, even the birth certificate, and that it is the right of the common man to opt out if so desired. These people refuse to accept that taxes are mandatory, and there are many who won't pay them on principle.
I don't pretend to know anywhere near enough about this topic to be in any way credible, but am just sharing what I have heard and read over the years.
The City as I recall is completely governed by the latter form of law, so the truly free common man has no place within.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

i read here on ats once something about the queen having to bow when she enters Rothchilds.

Can anyone shed some more light on this as it sounds weird that the queen has to bow down to someone.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

i read here on ats once something about the queen having to bow when she enters Rothchilds.

Originally posted by holedigger0812
Can anyone shed some more light on this as it sounds weird that the queen has to bow down to someone.

Why is it weird?

It is a sign of respect to another member of Royalty, which the Rothschild Family are. Remember they were granted peerage in both Austria and the United Kingdom.

Philippine de Rothschild, isn't a baron or member of royalty and thus she wouldn't have too, in front of this member of the family but she might out of a mark of respect for her father.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
very dry and long and kinda boring, but if you want some insight into rothschilds and "the city", check these out

www.cephas-library.com...

www.savethemales.ca...

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

www.freedomdomain.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join