It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the City of London?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Not too long ago, Dr. Henry Makow, in his website, posted an article describing the City of London and its sinister purposes in good details. He mentioned "the City of London" several times in his other articles but doesn't seem to elaborate much on it.

I do not mean the whole famous city of London that we know of for years but there seem to be another City of London, sometimes known as the Corporation of London, inside London. It has its own mayor, its own system of rules not bounded by the royalty or the government of United Kingdom.

Does anyone have any information or in-depth knowledge about the City/Corporation of London?

Much appreciated.

[edit on 02/13/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The only possible thing that I think your talking about, and I really
don't know if I'm on track here or not, but I'm sure there was something
like that in David Icke's book called The Biggest Secret .

Apart from that I really have no idea what your talking about

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So you are saying that there is London, Uk, a city with its lord mayor or whatevre, and a mysterious 'The City of London" with its own mayor, but not actually the city that is London??? Who is this guy who is claiming this?

I suppose that perhaps the city, as an administative/political authority, at least in the past, might've issued grants or bills of corporation or something like that, and thus there are corporations that are based from 'the city of london' or something.

But, here's a useful trick, if someone doesn't provide references, or doesn't make such a mysterious thing clear, they're probably bsing you.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
'The City' is what I recall it being called, probably from reading Icke. I know that I have read other accounts before I knew of Icke though. If it is real, it is allegedly a square mile of mostly International Banks, Insurance Companies, and MultiNationals. They are separate from the rest of the UK for legal reasons, which allows them more freedom and control of their actions. NY also has Int'l banks, as do other world financial centres. It is a very old concept, and the laymans version of the differences between the two systems is this. In common law, the individual is supreme, and has inalienable rights. In marine/admiralty/corporate law, those rights are forfeited when the common man accepts the fiction that is his corporate indentity, John Allan Smith trades his common rights for the new privileges of becoming SMITH, JOHN ALLEN, Number 123 123 243

It dates back to Rome, and terms that end in ship come from the concept the Roman ship's Captain held life and death power
Membership, Citizenship, Partnership, Ownership, Dealership, Relationship, etc.
They all signify the forfeiting of Commoner's rights for the benefits of becoming a corporation, a new legal entity that is not afforded the protection that a common person is. But the value is that they can now get a driver's license, etc.

[edit on 2/16/2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
In marine/admiralty/corporate law, those rights are forfeited when the common man accepts the fiction that is his corporate indentity, John Allan Smith trades his common rights for the new privileges of becoming SMITH, JOHN ALLEN, Number 123 123 243

Thats not true at all tho.

They all signify the forfeiting of Commoner's rights for the benefits of becoming a corporation

Coporations, such as modern man knows them, did not actuall exist in the classical period. The romans didn't call ships 'ships', so I don't think that etymology is correct either. Also, an Individuals rights are not forefieted merely because corporations have liabilities and tax responsibilities.

I suspect that the 'city of london' the OP refers to is the actual city of london, rather than some other identity.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
no conspiracy,
the business part of London is always reffered to "the city of london". its not some secret society or anything , no new world order link or nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
no conspiracy,
the business part of London is always reffered to "the city of london". its not some secret society or anything , no new world order link or nothing.

I agree

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
well,
seeings we have come to an agreement...case closed then

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Is it said to have its own 'mayor' then?

So its 'the city' of london, the business district in the urban centre, or somesuch. Makes sense.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Is it said to have its own 'mayor' then?

So its 'the city' of london, the business district in the urban centre, or somesuch. Makes sense.

London has its own mayor,
Ken Livingston.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
'The City', a.k.a 'The Square Mile' refers to the financial district of london. I think that previous posters were correct in stating that different laws and legislation exist for 'The City', and appears to be an almost independant soveriegn body.

Info from the horses mouth

Link to location of 'The City'

An old thread, primarily to do with the Rothschilds, which has info, speculation, and sources of further reading on 'the city' in its earlier posts.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
www.earth-stars.com...

"
London's most ancient sacred sites are not scattered about the capital at random. On the contrary, their locations define a precise pattern of perfect pentagrams, hexagrams. circles and stars.

By no stretch of the imagination is this a chance formation. Every single individual pattern interconnects with the rest to form a vast and beautiful network linking sacred sites around the whole of greater London.

To add the enigma, the basis of the design is a mandala, a symbolic representation of the structure of the universe.

In this case, however the representation is suprisingly accurate. Its proportions can be shown to incorporate the correct proportional relationships of various planetary bodies, in particular the Earth and the Moon.

It is also an ancient temple groundplan and the very same pattern upon which the megaliths of Stonehenge were laid out more than three thousand years ago.

The scale, of course, is much larger than stonehenge. London's Earthstar temple covers over 400 square miles and its principle alignments extend to link up with ancient sacred sites the length and breadth of the land.

Although many of the sites that define the Earthstars pattens are marked by mankind's additions to the landscape, their successive use as sacred sites throughout the centuries suggests thay were clearly regarded as natural places of power by our predecessors.

The nature of the sites and their connections is of immense significanse to those interested in sacred geometry, spirit of place, leys, Earth energies and associated subjects, but of particular importance to those interested in understanding our spiritual relationship to the Earth.

This book brings a new perspective to the nature and purpose of the Earth's sacred sites, the forces which work through them and humanity's connections to them via our psycho-spiritual dimensions."

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
no conspiracy,

Thanks, infinite. Perhaps I could take that you know something that we all don't?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So you are saying that there is London, Uk, a city with its lord mayor or whatevre, and a mysterious 'The City of London" with its own mayor, but not actually the city that is London??? Who is this guy who is claiming this?

I suppose that perhaps the city, as an administative/political authority, at least in the past, might've issued grants or bills of corporation or something like that, and thus there are corporations that are based from 'the city of london' or something.

But, here's a useful trick, if someone doesn't provide references, or doesn't make such a mysterious thing clear, they're probably bsing you.

That's why I'm just asking.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Proof that the City of London existed, also known as the Crown?

www.rfausa.com...

The “modern” world of our so-called Western Civilization began at the end of the 17th century with the blossoming of the British Empire. The underpinnings of that empire actually began several hundred years earlier with the establishment of the City of London, which is now an 800-year old corporation that controls finance and philosophy for an entity called the Crown. This entity is the creator and controller of “central banks.”

Hmmmmm.......

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul
'The City', a.k.a 'The Square Mile' refers to the financial district of london. I think that previous posters were correct in stating that different laws and legislation exist for 'The City', and appears to be an almost independant soveriegn body.

An old thread, primarily to do with the Rothschilds, which has info, speculation, and sources of further reading on 'the city' in its earlier posts.

Thank you for the links, Paul!

[edit on 02/13/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Very amusing, Im from London and the city of London is where business happens, thats all. If there are any secerts, please somebody give facts!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
BlackGuardXIII is there a book I can read about your statement?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
[quote

Noob with a Q. Is that whole section of the map part of this inner london/Crown Land? If so.. Thats pretty freakin huge. How could this be kept from the British for so long. Or is it denial of the fittest?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
Very amusing, Im from London and the city of London is where business happens, thats all. If there are any secerts, please somebody give facts!

there isn't,
Its to do with Business and thats it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join