It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunchback of Notre Dame play cancelled over racism accusations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

or they could wear makeup and a wig, i don't see the big deal is.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i wonder who they are going to get to play a tree in the next play

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

The group called on the school to recast the role with some of “the many talented brown and black female students,” at Ithaca.

so they can play a roma character but the white chick cant?

im so past caring about all this stupid # to tell you the truth

they gonna get a legit gimp to play the hunchback you think?

Gonna haveta now.

They committed themselves.

Someone without a fear of heights.

edit on 2 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Nyiah

or they could wear makeup and a wig, i don't see the big deal is.

I don't think "blacking up" would help much in this situation

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Jesus.

Kids......

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I’d love to see a Quasimodo in full Pulp Fiction gimp gear! That would really shake up the production! Then no one (maybe) would bitch about the skin color of the actors, and all focus on the hunchback. It might be good.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Can people really be so stupid they can't see all this 'facism is bad' crap is sterilizing all peoples into one 'type' - just what the One World Order wants? WTH?

'They' WANT one people, one religion, one culture, etc - and WHY? Because we'll be much easier to CONTROL.

People need to REJOICE in the ethnicity. Celebrate their differences. You can do all that and not 'offend' anyone unless they're too stupid to see what sheep they really are.

Talk about asshats.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

The world will eventually be one language, one culture, no borders. Evolution is inevitable, embrace it.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
wait it's not about the deformed guy?

wtf

hump backs unite

we are here some of might be queer

but that's not our issue

so get off our backs

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Perhaps then people will truly learn to work and have empathy for one another despite class, economic, and social status. Religion will be a thing of the past and the final barrier keeping mankind from living in harmony w one another.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It must be tough to see the "epitome of whiteness" and feel so jealous. Sometimes I wonder if minorities DO think whites are better.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

lol yeah right.

humans are selfish and desire shiny things.

you've not escaped the animal so easily.

sounds great on paper tho rite.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think the girl who got the part needs to cry racism. Or better yet, have her lawyer cry it for her. I don't like it when people sue over every little thing, but enough is enough. This BS has gone way overboard. Did any other ethnically diverse girls audition? Did their talent warrant the role? Was the casting call ONLY for girls who were olive complexion with dark hair? If no, then it went the person who earned the part.

Like another poster said, those who usually cry racism are the biggest racists of all.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: silo13

The world will eventually be one language, one culture, no borders. Evolution is inevitable, embrace it.

I'd rather embrace my culture and teach my children and their children just how important our culture IS - instead of rolling over and giving up. Too many people doing that already.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, here's the problem. You cannot open the Pandora's box of identity politics and think it's your own personal sandbox to play in forever. The door swings both ways. If it's all right to bitch and moan about who plays this or that role and how they should be this or that ethnicity, then it's all right to complain from all sides and for all races.

The people who started us on this path never stopped to think about all of that, and so now here we are.

Instead of creating something better or fairer, something ugly is emerging. But that's what opening Pandora's box does.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
How very racist of victor Hugo not to write this character as black! I am boycotting this thread because you are all missing that point. I get more SJW points than all of you.

/sarc

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It has been swinging both ways since the beginning of Hollywood, an Italian played an Arab, a Jew played a Mexican, Al Pacino played a Cuban...who cares!!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

*Yawn*

Leftists don't even shock me anymore with this stupidity.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

It has been swinging both ways since the beginning of Hollywood, an Italian played an Arab, a Jew played a Mexican, Al Pacino played a Cuban...who cares!!

But this white girl can't play Esmerelda because now, all of a sudden, people have been taught to care.

That's what I mean. Social Justice, Cultural Appropriation, etc.

Pretty soon, we'll be back to the days of anti-miscegenation because marrying someone outside your ethnicity would be a form of cultural appropriation again.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why does "esmerelda" have to be a girl?
Are there no qualified boys to play the role?
Were boys allowed to try out for the role?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join