It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Music You Bought. Can You Remember ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I always remember the first 7 inch Single and L.P. ( Long Player ) i bought when i was just a young whippersnapper. Would be fun to see what other ATS members taste in music was when they where youngsters. Here are the first two i bought.

7 inch single The Shadows " Wonderful Land "

L.P. The Beatles " A Hard Days Night " My favourite track from the L.P.

Right, over to you lot.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Deftones Around the fur. I grew up insulated by rap and r and b. My cousin and I are metal heads. The first album I ever purchased was Deftones. Memories

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Agnostic Front : Something's Gotta Give

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Pantera - cowboys from hell

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I don't think I ever bought an LP.
My brothers were older and I did listen to a lot of these records.

But my first cassette was either 5150 or hysteria.
Can't remember exactly but I'm leaning toward van halen.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Metallica Master of Puppets on cassette!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Double Dutch Bus. First album I bought... never realized there was video for the song.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
12" vinyl soundtrack of Conan The Barbarian by Basil Poledlouris; hearing the score show up in other movies over the years has been sort of disturbing like no no it only works for Conan as the score in the movie is loud and recognizable since theres not a lot of dialogue going on in it so when used in other movies the effect of immersion has been ruined because hey its conan music but this isnt conan whats the plot again cause now im thinking of thusa doom. Just cause that works with pop music in several different movies cant use a musical score the same that would be like star wars music in a star trek movie... the creator in me wrings my hands at the possibilities of those two being mashed up as a fun possibility however.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

First music i ever bought...

A cassette from 7/11 around the corner... grade 6, about the same time all of my friends and i decide we all need long hair... those metal days

edit on 7-2-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I remember listening to some old 45's that my parents had (Sugar Shack was the song, don't remember who sang it) and my sister's Queen album. The first music that I bought was Stray Cats by The Stray Cats. Brian Setzer's cousin was the VP of our middle school and he talked them into coming to our gym for a concert. It was really cool, so I bought it. Must have been about 1981 or so.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The Micheal Jackson 'Dangerous' album.

I was the oldest of few brothers, but was the only one who lived full time at my Dads house... I have vivid memories of coming home from my mums house every single weekend, as a 9 year old kid, spending a few hours every time going though my Dads CD collection, for months on end... one by one... just to ensure he hadn't finally brought me the Micheal Jackson 'Dangerous' album and hide it there... well him and his young girlfriend just sat behind me giggling, at how silly I was to think I'd actually ever find it their... first world problems, I know.

Point being, I did end up obtaining the 'Dangerous' CD, eventually... and learnt a very important lesson on life at the same time... If you want something done, you gotta do it your own damn self... lol.
edit on 7-2-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the memories, alldaylong!

The first cassette I bought in 1979 (or was bought for me by my parents) was a compilation of songs by Kool and the Gang.

That same year, I hooked up with a cousin I had never met until I was eleven years old, he introduced me to hard rock, Deep Purple in particular.

After that I never looked back, bought Deep Purple's In Rock album. In the arc of ten years my DP collection grew to over forty albums/compilations/live gigs.

I never imagined I would have ever seen them live, but I managed to go to three of their gigs, two in the UK and once in Vancouver, Canada. I love the longevity of rock groups of yore.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

likely the first mainstream rockabilly that weird blend of jazz swing and rock and roll, Social Distortion has been holding it down on the front for a long time although on the more blues side.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My first CD was NOW This was gifted to me.

But the first CD I ever bought for myself was The Marshall Mathers LP. I remember having to take my mom with me to the store because I wasn't old enough to buy the explicit version.

I remember the clerk looking at the CD and asking my mom "Are you sure you want the explicit version?"

My mom looked at me and said: "Are you sure this is the one you want?"

I said "YUP"

45 minutes later my mom was taking my new cd away. I never saw it again.

edit on 7-2-2018 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
the first time i was allowed to buy my own records was in 1972 aqe 10 yrs old was a place called Third Stone Records in Narrvare Minnesota and i got two albums!

Aqualung from Jethro Tull

Paranoid from Black Sabbath

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Now I have become the "Double dutch bus"

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
1st 45 -

1st album =