It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to terms with the way people treat me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: AlienVessel
Timothy 3:1-5
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. ---perhaps we are entering these times.

There is much truth to these verses , especially in modern times. But one doesn’t always have a choice to avoid these types. The best we can hope for is to have the grace to forgive them if they hurt us... and to continue to pray for their souls. This is what Christ asked us to do .

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Don't think about it. You're just upsetting yourself.

*...and, I'm not being flippant. Thought-stopping is a coping strategy. You can control your own thoughts, and you can stop them. Try it. PM me if you need assistance with only this one thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienVessel

originally posted by: incoserv
You lost me at "I have resorted to opium..."

Really? You're blaming your use of mind altering chemicals on how people treat you? Grow a pair! This alone tells enough about you to nullify everything you wrote. You're a junkie. You have no self-respect, why would you expect anyone else to respect you?

:

Why would you conclude that I am blaming my use of drugs on how people treat me? What are you talking about? You don't even make sense. You are CLEARLY just ANOTHER judgmental hater.

Honestly, you people make me want to scream for 2 hours straight without taking a breath. You want to depict to everyone like you are so smart but you don't even have any context to what you are speaking.

Dude (or dudette, as the case may be), I did NOT assume anything. You said it outright. You said:

I have been tormented by these people because my mom is the only person in life who cares anything about me, everyone else I meet has done this to me eventually. I have resorted to opium because it is the only way I can feel anything good, ...

Another sign of you problem. You can't see the root of your problem clearly even when you clearly state what it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Just because nobody I encounter has one single bit of love in them, and just because it is popular in the business world for executives to be Satanists, does not mean that I have come to believe that God does not love me. Therefore, I want to go back to God. I don't care if nobody loves me and I am alone on earth, this is temporary, I want to go back to God to feel loved and I don't need any human to love me.

Many many humans ( some of them saints ) have felt this way OP. Jesus himself was disgusted at the lack of love humans showed each other. John the Baptist separated himself from society for years , as many monks and religious do.

I’ve read many stories about truly good people yearning to leave this planet to be with God, so you aren’t alone in that sentiment.But they knew it was not yet their time.

Have patience... and try not to let the injustices get under your skin too much, though righteous anger is understandable. Be grateful you are not one of the snakes, and pray for them.
edit on 7-2-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

ETA: just read your other thread... guess I shouldn’t have brought Jesus into the equation 😏😆.. hopefully you don’t take personal offense at what I see as spiritual truth. God bless you.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Did you ever think you're the source of your own problems?

Nah. Couldn't be.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Did you ever think you're the source of your own problems?

Nah. Couldn't be.

in the end... we should all just look in the mirror.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm trying to understand but you seem to be a tad delusional or paranoid. Unless the entire populous of your city/town is made up of sociopaths. Or psychopaths.

Maybe you should see a psychologist and a priest?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

Is this what you would tell your child ( even as an adult) who perhaps is being harassed and bullied for doing the right thing? .. or for no substantially good enough reason?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Is this what you would tell your child ( even as an adult) who perhaps is being harassed and bullied for doing the right thing? .. or for no substantially good enough reason?

15 second vid.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Thing is, you want to be heard but you didnt make an effort to ensure people may take the time to listen.

Eg making it presentable by using paragraphs as no one reads walls of text.

Lysergic was like super gentle with you.

Adapt a bit, innit.
Are you really saying that without commas and full stops a post is illegible, even if you really tried hard to understand it. Lysergic came across as a dick from a neutral standpoint. I’m not saying I agree with anything the op says but anyone who would do that to someone in real life( just flat out say they’re dumb) to someone’s face would not come across well.why is it ok when hiding behind a screen. Sorry if my punctuation is a bit off I got a D in English at school

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You are loved. You are not done yet. Look inside you for heaven, because as you can tell hell is here. We cannot gain strength from this world. Find Heaven inside yourself and you will be able to see Heaven upon the earth also. It is not our job to be loved, that belongs to someone else. It is our job to love, because it is given freely to us we should give it just as freely. That is the part that is hard for those of this world to do.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Some of the words of wisdom and advice in this post are touching. There Is some real heart and soul on this forum.

Struggling myself of late, and need to heed some of the words of wisdom and take stock in small graces of how lucky we are, to breathe.

Overcome the menotomy of work and enjoy offering a smile and a helping hand rather than dwell on the repeditive tasks, being payed a pittance and understaffed. Taking stock of small graces is great in hindsight.

Until the pain, suffering, death and disease of a new shift commences. Happiness is a mirage when trying too provide comfort in peoples final days. Moments of comfort from suffering, provides content.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029

originally posted by: Sheye

15 second vid.

Sorry, but that vid makes no sense in the context of what I was referring to . 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
Some of the words of wisdom and advice in this post are touching. There Is some real heart and soul on this forum.

Struggling myself of late, and need to heed some of the words of wisdom and take stock in small graces of how lucky we are, to breathe.

Overcome the menotomy of work and enjoy offering a smile and a helping hand rather than dwell on the repeditive tasks, being payed a pittance and understaffed. Taking stock of small graces is great in hindsight.

Until the pain, suffering, death and disease of a new shift commences. Happiness is a mirage when trying too provide comfort in peoples final days. Moments of comfort from suffering, provides content.

I love this. I hope the best for you. I think you deserve it. ((huggies))

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I heard your pain and know it is real. All these amazing ATS members have shown their wisdom and care for you so you couldn't possibly feel alone.

You must feel that you do matter and it has nothing to do with pity.

Some wonderful advice has been shared so I won't pretend to know any more than has already been given. You have touched many hearts by reaching out. It is time for you to make a plan for yourself and join your community again as a useful and considerate member and know when you feel yourself slipping ask for help. The world is not against you.

Thanks for sharing-just reading of your struggles made many of us take stock in our own lives and how we respond to others and our own struggles.

You can make this a kinder, better world through your understanding of human pain and suffering. People need you and you need them.

Be there for them and yourself and hope you are feeling better today-every day is different.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Alien Vessel, your words come at a good time for me personally.

Just a few days ago, a "good" friend of mine (and I count very few in that category) needed my help. Apparently he had a personal emergency and I wasn't available to help him. I use my smart phone as a hot spot for the internet and it discharged early in the morning so it shut off, I put it on the charger and when on to take care of a busy day running my GF to her appointments. That took all day.

Finally getting home after 3pm in the afternoon, half starved I proceeded to prepare a meal. After I ate, I restarted my phone just before 4pm to find several text messages from my "friend" who said he had a "bit of an emergency" he needed help with. My phone had no missed phone calls or voice mail alerts and his text was apparently sent at 3:58, one minute before I restarted it. His last message he texted asked me why I never answer my MF phone.

Well that sounded pretty serious so I started to drive down to see what the problem was. As I left my driveway he drove passed me heading to his place and I followed. When I got there I asked what his emergency was and he was shockingly angry that he couldn't get a hold of me. I actually feared for my safety and thought he was going to pound me into the dust. At one point I worried he was going to pick up a hammer from his back car seat and assault me.

He ranted and raved that after all he had done for me over the years (ignoring anything I had done for him, and there was plenty) that I should have been there for him. I told him my phone died and I had appointments all day. He called me a liar because he saw my car just before I left my house. He didn't believe anything I told him (it was the truth). He then proceeded to attack my character in a really hurtful way, which I ignored because I was so concerned about what he had to deal with (he refused to tell me what that was).

He then told me to take back some tools and things I lent him and that we were no longer friends. I was so shocked at his reaction that I simply said I didn't know what to say as he wouldn't explain his emergency. Apparently he experienced the "worst day of his life" which was hard to believe based on some of his stories of his past.

After thinking about what he said to me, about how he characterized me as an unreliable liar, not worthy of his trust or friendship (and that is putting it politely), I began to think that must be what he has always thought of me but never said it. I now have come to the conclusion that he is extremely paranoid and delusional and it would truly be best to end our friendship rather than except that he said those things because he was so upset I wasn't there to help him.

I apologized by text and although it was probably too late, that I would still help him if I could. He excepted that and seemed to be reconsidering what he said to me. However, I find it very hard to forgive him and call him a friend anymore. I don't deserve that type of abuse and never asked for it. I've decided I won't be his friend anymore, but I won't be giving him a piece of my mind about what I now think of him, I'll be letting that go.

I'm not going to hold on to that and feel I need to get back at him, I know my absence in his life will be enough to make him regret what he said to me. Your post helped me make that decision and I thank you for that.

ETA: I'm not trying to equate you to my "friend", just that I feel a lot like you have stated you feel right now.
edit on 8-2-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added an extra comment

edit on 8-2-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: penfold

Thats not the point..

Are you really saying that you care so little about what you have to say, and about making it accessible that you can not spare a minute to read through your post and press return and space a few times? Because you want others to spend time reading what you have offered.

It makes a massive difference to reader engagement and it is generally accepted that this has long been the case.

Would you engage a stranger in a conversation that you care about and slur your words, never pause for breath and maintain the same relentless pace all the way through?

Would you expect people to listen?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

People will do ANYTHING to bring you down when they learn that you have accumulated peace through righteous deeds. These people are jealous because they do not understand that peace of mind comes from righteous deeds and thoughts and they do not have peace because their minds and actions are filled with filth and unrighteousness. So the people like me are the targets. A battle, of good and evil - without the evil person knowing exactly what they are even doing - they are just pushed to those extremes because of the animosity and bad emotions overflowing within them. So they pick their victim based upon those standards and start to work, disrespecting them as much as the opportunity allows them. Sometimes these people are strangers so they are limited to what they can do to bring somebody down - but people will do anything they possibly can, and say anything they possibly can - to show you disrespect, to show you that they do not care about your feelings, to show you that they hate you as a person (because you have peace of mind) and they will say anything they can to hurt your feelings. They act in whatever way thought as a means to control your emotions - so if they think you desire a certain thing, they will make sure that thing is not given to you, whether it be attention or a smile or kind words. God hates these people because they care nothing about the Law. I have been tormented by these people because my mom is the only person in life who cares anything about me, everyone else I meet has done this to me eventually. I have resorted to opium because it is the only way I can feel anything good, the world has embraced all of the hatred it has and directed it all to me, while I do not deserve any of it. It is all because of unrighteousness, it all is unfair, rooted in envy and hatred. I want to die. I want to be loved by God, in a world of injustice and hate. I want to leave the world and the 1,000s of people who have hurt me, I want to leave the 1,000s of people that judge me wrongly, I want to leave all of them that accuse me of things that are not true, I want to leave the world of everybody that attacks me with their envy after they have figured out that God gives me peace because I deserve it from following the Law. I want to give up this life, on planet earth, because everywhere I go - be it at work, be it at home, or be it at a clinic searching for help - everywhere, I encounter strangers who take all these steps out of their way just to attempt to void me of peace and happiness, and to fill me with pain, dread, and anxiety. The only way for me to live in this world without being attacked is to find a place far away from any people, and I do not have the financial means to do that, but it is the only reason for my life - to try and make enough money to move away from people and live alone with no spouse and no family. Love doesn't happen in this world to the poor. Doesn't matter how attractive I am. If a woman makes money she will only date a man who makes as much or more than her, whether he is ugly or not. I hate my own species, based on what I have learned from my own species. I am nothing like the world. I am human yes, but I am not part of this society in any way. People do not earn my respect, I give respect to everyone. People do not earn my love. but I have been hurt for all of my years here. And no longer can I take the pain. My neighbor doesn't like me because I am emotional - but he has had an easy life. He does not understand living on the streets or being abandoned by your family, but he dislikes me because he doesn't comprehend how life can make a person sensitive. He doesn't care about what conditions I have faced to bring my being to this point. People see homeless sleeping in urine and they have no sympathy for what brought that person to that point either. Just because nobody I encounter has one single bit of love in them, and just because it is popular in the business world for executives to be Satanists, does not mean that I have come to believe that God does not love me. Therefore, I want to go back to God. I don't care if nobody loves me and I am alone on earth, this is temporary, I want to go back to God to feel loved and I don't need any human to love me.

What am I gonna do now?

What am I gonna do now?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Holy brick walls!

Hit enter every now and then.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Maybe if you learn to use paragraphs they might treat you mo betta?

LOOK PEOPLE! I CAME ON HERE TO SEE IN THERE WAS ANY GOOD FEEDBACK FOR MY PAIN.

AND I FOUND THIS!

NOW I AM GOING BACK TO THE WORLD AND I AM GOING TO ENCOUNTER MORE PEOPLE LIKE THIS - WHO JUST WANT ME TO FEEL WORSE.

You are being far too sensitive if that offends you so much.

I get when you’re in pain you need a shoulder to cry on , or a nice warm fuzzy hug from somebody, but this isn’t really going to be the place to receive it.

There were indeed sympathetic posts made to you but you were so busy picking weeds you failed to see the flowers in the garden. Time to use a widen lens when viewing people as a whole.

Then you say it was all a test to see how people react. Being defensive will never achieve anything positive.

Also, how do you know how much somebody else has or hasn’t suffered as badly as you? We all have low points and some people have suffered greatly in their lives. You call them jealous? I’m afraud it’s the other way around.

I suggest getting off the opium which might be clouding your judgement and also not taking the religious stuff so seriously.

I wish you well and hope there are brighter days ahead for you, hang in there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join