It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified Steele Memo from Grassley just released

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
More bad news for Democrats:

**PDF LINK**

There was no corroborating information and the dossier was the only evidence used to obtain the FISA warrants. The court was not notified of material facts related to who was behind the dossier or who paid for it. They used the media reports by Yahoo as "corroboration" as well as to explain away discrepancies in the application.Comey tried to pass it off to the Senate intel committee as the FBI used Steele in the past and his information was reliable.

Grassley's memo is 10 pages.

edit on 6-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

each lie is a seperate perjury charge for each who signed off

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The statute in question:
www.law.cornell.edu...

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 47 › § 1001

18 U.S. Code § 1001 - Statements or entries generally

US CodeNotesAuthorities (CFR)

prev | next

(a)Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—

(1)

falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2)

makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or

(3)

makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry

ouch
trouble
trouble
trouble

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have a question that has been bugging me. *IF* Steele was credible to the FBI before, why is he not after a Trump presidency?

Is it ever shown what context Steele worked with the FBI before being contracted for the dossier by Fusion?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

That's a pretty damning document for Steele and the FBI.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
prison sentences or pitchforks

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Eagerly awaiting the usual suspects to come in here and say they still believe that the 100% fabricated dossier, was/is not 100% fabricated.
It’s hammer time.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hillary hijacked the FBI.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Eagerly awaiting the usual suspects to come in here and say they still believe that the 100% fabricated dossier, was/is not 100% fabricated.
It’s hammer time.

They will be here with some idiotic defense like "font size" lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I have a question that has been bugging me. *IF* Steele was credible to the FBI before, why is he not after a Trump presidency?

Is it ever shown what context Steele worked with the FBI before being contracted for the dossier by Fusion?

I think it comes down to they got caught and are now looking to blame other fish to save their own bacon. The phrase "the first one to speak gets a deal" comes to mind.

This memo destroys the claims Schiff has been making. It destroys what was left of the FBI's credibility. Lets see how long it takes for these people to lawyer up. I am also waiting for a FISA judge to haul to relevant peoples asses in front of their court to demand answers as to why they felt the need to mislead the court.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: RazorV66
It’s hammer time.

They will be here with some idiotic defense like "font size" lol.

I don't know. At some point, you have to admit you were wrong.

It would be foolish to not admit it.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It will now be known as the Hillary Dossier. She paid for it, and fed info (lies) to Steele for inclusion in that document.
edit on 2/6/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is bigger than the Nunes memo.

Big takeaways.

1. The bulk of the fisa application was based on the dossier.

2. The FBI relied more on Steeles credibility than actually verifying his claims.

3. The FBI specifically said that Steele was not the source of the Yahoo news article, which if he was would have severly hurt steeles credibility (which the FBI was relying on).

4. Steele and simpson have testified that indeed Steele not only was the source of that article, but talked to other press before the application for the warrant from page.

5. The FBI failed to mention steele was the source for that Yahoo news article in the three renewals for the fisa warrant.

6. If steele lied to the fi about not talking to press, that is a crime and he should be charged.

This is staggering if true, and confirms much of what people have been fearing.

Now having said that, until the intel is released for the fisa applications, we are still just taking someones word for it.

But my hope is that more of that info is released soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Hillary hijacked the FBI.

The scary part in all of this is we know this came from Clinton yet everything we are seeing implicates everyone but Clinton (at least right now). I still think the House and Senate memo releases are nothing but a lead up to the IG report. I think when the IG report comes out we will see movement with all of this in terms of who gets fired, who gets reprimanded, who gets charges etc etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So Steele is the penultimate red hearing next to the dossier?

That would make sense.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
FINALLY... Jeff Sessions is preparing to appoint a Special Counsel. The White House signed off on it yesterday.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
This is bigger than the Nunes memo.

Big takeaways.

1. The bulk of the fisa application was based on the dossier.

2. The FBI relied more on Steeles credibility than actually verifying his claims.

3. The FBI specifically said that Steele was not the source of the Yahoo news article, which if he was would have severly hurt steeles credibility (which the FBI was relying on).

4. Steele and simpson have testified that indeed Steele not only was the source of that article, but talked to other press before the application for the warrant from page.

5. The FBI failed to mention steele was the source for that Yahoo news article in the three renewals for the fisa warrant.

6. If steele lied to the fi about not talking to press, that is a crime and he should be charged.

This is staggering if true, and confirms much of what people have been fearing.

Now having said that, until the intel is released for the fisa applications, we are still just taking someones word for it.

But my hope is that more of that info is released soon.

WOW....never would have guessed Steele would be the scapegoat..../sarcasm

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: Grambler

and to top it all off Mr. Steele has gone missing. He was due in a London court today for a deposition in another lawsuit filed by one of the Russians. Steele failed to show for court.

link   
Good find and as always, ready to spotlight the Dems.

S+F.

Will you do a detailed breakdown, for later consumption? Been on the road all day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join