It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug firms shipped 20.8M Hydro-Oxy pain pills to 2 Pharmacies in a town with 2,900 people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I've never seen a big heroine scene in my town, until about 5-9 years ago..

I think people getting addicted to oxy.. And us troops guarding poppy fields contributed to what I'd guess is a 700% increase in heroine here. This is a hippy liberal place akin to herbs but nothing like this..

People are falling victim and the profits for oxy sales and heroine sales must be going through the roof.

I'm not sure if I've seen a worse drug.

Too much money to be made destroying lives.
How much money can we make fixing lives?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: 3daysgone

How else do you think the enemies of America are going to invade us?

Sub launched, hypersonic cruise missiles.

That would not be as subtle, and easier to fight against.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I've never seen a big heroine scene in my town, until about 5-9 years ago..

I think people getting addicted to oxy.. And us troops guarding poppy fields contributed to what I'd guess is a 700% increase in heroine here. This is a hippy liberal place akin to herbs but nothing like this..

People are falling victim and the profits for oxy sales and heroine sales must be going through the roof.

I'm not sure if I've seen a worse drug.

Too much money to be made destroying lives.
How much money can we make fixing lives?

Do you think the 2.5 million $ fine was a deterrent as to stop this sort of thing happening again?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I am cleaning an IPad after that comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There are the round the corner 2 am drug dealers, and then there are the institutionalized licensed drug dealers.

Its course that you need to worry about both of them, just because one has a fancy paper does not mean its good for you. Not to say all those pills shipped were without warrant, I am sure somebody does and needs those pain pills. But the rest can go a day or two with a bit of a headache instead of a warm and fuzzy daze, it wont kill them. The latter however may, kill them that is.

But then again to much of anything is likely to kill you. You can even die if you drink to much water.

And lets remember, if there was no market. Well to who will they sell? People are just as guilty as the pushers. Its a funny circle, between the makers, the pushers, the users, and well? Round and round they go. Oh and the insurance people as well, the circle of life you know, all the critters in the jungle gather around the watering hole. People like there drugs it seems as those numbers clearly show.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Y'all might find this interesting: After Surgery in Germany, I Wanted Vicodin, Not Herbal Tea

I recently had a hysterectomy here in Munich, where we moved from California four years ago for my husband’s job. Even though his job ended a year ago, we decided to stay while he tries to start a business. Thanks to the German health care system, our insurance remained in force. This, however, is not a story about the benefits of universal health care.

Thanks to modern medicine, my hysterectomy was performed laparoscopically, without an overnight hospital stay. My only concern about this early release was pain management.
She said that I would be given ibuprofen. “Is that it?” I asked. “That’s what I take if I have a headache. "
I decided to pursue the topic with the surgeon.
He said the same thing. He was sure that the removal of my uterus would not require narcotics afterward.
With mounting panic, I decided to speak to the anesthesiologist, my last resort.
This time, I used a different tactic. I told him how appalled I had been when my teenager was given 30 Vicodin pills after she had her wisdom teeth removed in the United States.
The anesthesiologist explained that during surgery and recovery I would be given strong painkillers, but once I got home the pain would not require narcotics. To paraphrase him, he said: “Pain is a part of life. We cannot eliminate it nor do we want to. The pain will guide you. You will know when to rest more; you will know when you are healing. If I give you Vicodin, you will no longer feel the pain, yes, but you will no longer know what your body is telling you. You might overexert yourself because you are no longer feeling the pain signals. All you need is rest. And please be careful with ibuprofen. It’s not good for your kidneys. Only take it if you must. Your body will heal itself with rest.”

I didn’t mention that I use ibuprofen like candy. "

Is this a possible explanation to the US-American Oxy-problem?

Because it reached our(!) MSM months, if not years ago and made news repeatedly. And I believe that there is a major problem, if a foreign country has massive reports about this.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

The only way that could happen is clandestinely.

Better known as a conspiracy.

A drug deal.

Imagine the news report. Camera on, news caster in big empty warehouse:

" It is rumored ladies and gentleman that the illegal shipment containing millions of drugs were stored right here just a short time ago.

Next we go live for an exclusive interview with the janitor of the building, right after the commercial break."

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

WAR ON (illegal) DRUGS

WAR ON (illegal) DRUG USERS

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

That would not be as subtle, and easier to fight against.

Right. Like we couldn't down a single airliner on 911.

Flight 93 was in the air over an hour, subsonic, big and shiny, but had to be brought down by passengers.

SLBMs are ten minutes away from the coast, come ashore flying below radar at Mach 3, in droves.
edit on 31-1-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Corporate controlled media would loose advil adds on their news shows. The journalists can't report on the pharma drug pushers they pay the journalists salary.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thats why they don't cover it, at all. The MSM is owned by the Corporatocracy.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If only it was JUST MSM this crap would be public knowledge.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Exactly - - the only way something like this ends is if there are long prison sentences - - to executives. When you can run scams like this and make billions, and then get fined millions for it, we are just providing companies incentives to operate as a scam. This doesn't just apply to the healthcare industry though - - Wells Fargo (as one example) should be facing the same thing (if not having their bank charter revoked completely). But, until our citizens stand up and demand this, it isn't going to change.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

Yep and Trump just said in the State of the Union show that he is cracking down on the opioid "crisis".

This is a created epidemic, and a very profitable one. Remember a corporations only function is to create value for the share holder. Sad.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Totally agree with you, real, hard time, federal pen for the pill factory pushers.

But you get lawyers involved and they get rich and the laws gets poor. Then there is always the deflection, "Legal pot!!! Somebody think of the children!!!"

The whole system seems rigged. And that is just oxy! When the h3ll did fentanyl become a thing?? Killed both Prince and Tom Petty, so who else has to die so it stops being handed out like M&Ms on Halloween?!

Such a helpless feeling knowing something is wrong with nothing you can do about it when current law turns a blind eye so big pharma stays big.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pain medications works wonders for those who need them and take them as prescribed.

I go to a pain clinic sponsored by the local hospital... the only other choice is a pill mill.

I prefer the hospital pain clinic because they have ready access to my medical records.

The other place, I wouldn't go near....it just looks sleazy.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
THIS is the problem. Clean that $ up before people who really do need these quality of life medications can't get them.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

But, BUT!!!! Trump said he was going to crack down on the drug dealers of the Opiod crisis...

I guess that means Doctors, patients and I PRAY The Pharmaceutical companies!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

I await the Trump doing what he said he was going to do.

I will not hold my breath.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: abeverage

I await the Trump doing what he said he was going to do.

I will not hold my breath.

Yeah me either...but here is the thing he blamed Drug Dealers for the Opiod crisis not once mentioning the Drug companies or Doctors...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join