It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug firms shipped 20.8M Hydro-Oxy pain pills to 2 Pharmacies in a town with 2,900 people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

The only way that could happen is clandestinely.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Makes sense.
Sounds like the DEA kinda dropped the ball here too if they missed this for ten years.

I would say so. Everyone in the chain has to have some responsibility in this case I think.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Here Here! Sauld !!

link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Makes sense.
Sounds like the DEA kinda dropped the ball here too if they missed this for ten years.

I would say so. Everyone in the chain has to have some responsibility in this case I think.

Seems a good forensic accountant, or a team of good forensic accountants needs to comb the financial records off all these ass clowns who dropped all this pharma smack on the street.

link   

Yet the drug company is the one that pays the fine.
The DEA will just move on with no consequences.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: seasonal

But the militarized law, courts and prisons all work for the corporations. Prisons are corporations.

The 13th Amendment. Unlucky for some.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It amazes me how sh*t like this is allowed to happen, but weed is still scrutinized beyond belief... I bet there's many other cities with numbers relatively similar to this

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

When medical MJ is passed in a state the use of narcotic medications drops, and that is a drop in corporate profits. Not an option, this means sling the oxy no matter what. If they get to the bottom of this it will be ugly how deep this goes.

Fewer Painkiller Deaths in States With Medical Pot
www.webmd.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

But the militarized law, courts and prisons all work for the corporations. Prisons are corporations.

The 13th Amendment. Unlucky for some.

Illegal incarceration and Detention for menial crimes, languishing for long periods in Jail without a court date or charges...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Perhaps it was all for a single customer of both pharmacies, who had a particularly bad case of cancer? One super chill dude.

edit on 30/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps it was all for a single customer of both pharmacies, who had a particularly bad case of cancer? One super chill dude.

It really doesn't matter if it was 1, 10, 1,000 people. The system failed, and i have a feeling it is because bribes were placed so people looked the other way.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
In the same vein, there are only a few big chemical firms worldwide that make the drug ephedrine, which is the basis for methamphetamine manufacture. And you can bet they know damn well where their product is ending up.

That was the reason they stopped selling those ephedrine energy pills. That and they were killing people. The DEA should investigate the pharmaceutical companies. How can they justify that amount of painlillers to a town that small and where did they all go? I smell a rat.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Makes sense.

The 60 minutes investigation (totally separate from the West Virgina incident in the OP). Involved McKesson Corp.

“ McKesson Corp was THE FIFTH LARGEST PUBLICALLY TRADED COMPANY IN THE UNITED STATES when these misdeeds occurred”. 2008-2013.

During that time one distribution center in Aurora, CO, McKesson filled approximately 1,600,000 supply orders. Out of those 1,600,000 orders only 16 were flagged as suspicious. ONLY 16.

When this was finally uncovered DEA/ DOJ boots on the ground agents thought this would be the largest and most high profile criminal distribution case in US history........ until

The DEA/DOJ brass stepped in.

“Last January the company agreed to a $150 million fine, suspended operations from four of its distribution warehouses and promised, again, to improve its system for detecting and alerting authorities suspicious drug orders. The company paid a $13.25 million fine and promised to do better when it was caught in 2008, as well, three years after it was warned by federal authorities.”

McKesson had $198 billion dollars US in revenue in 2016. That’s billion with a B.

coloradopolitics.com...

edit on 30-1-2018 by Paddyofurniture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Oh the irony!
As you no doubt know, but some ATS member may not, but Subutx is designed to be tamper proof for recovering addicts as a treatment program and an alternative to methadone.

Any reasonable person would THINK they would be encouraging addicts to be taking this....but of course not big pharma!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Ahhh, the US medical system.

In ten years 2 companies shipped over 20,000,000 pain killers (hydrocodone and oxycodone) to 2 pharmacies in a town that has 2,900 people.

Over the past decade, out-of-state drug companies shipped 20.8 million prescription painkillers to two pharmacies four blocks apart in a Southern West Virginia town with 2,900 people, according to a congressional committee investigating the opioid crisis.
www.wvgazettemail.com...

No one in the supply chain saw a problem with the HUGE numbers of pills going to the small town. Keep in mind a corporations main goal is creating value for the share holder.

Between 2006 and 2016, drug wholesalers shipped 10.2 million hydrocodone pills and 10.6 million oxycodone pills to Tug Valley Pharmacy and Hurley Drug in Williamson, according to Drug Enforcement Administration data obtained by the House Committee.

Springboro, Ohio-based Miami-Luken sold 6.4 million hydrocodone and oxycodone pills to Tug Valley Pharmacy from 2008 to 2015, the company disclosed to the panel. That’s more than half of all painkillers shipped to the pharmacy those years. In a single year (2008 to 2009), Miami-Luken’s shipments increased three-fold to the Mingo County town.

The manufacturer has agreed to pay 2.5 million dollars to settle allegations of flooding the state with painkillers. 2.5million dollars? slap on the wrist.

In February 2016, West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey ended a state lawsuit against Miami-Luken after the company agreed to pay $2.5 million to settle allegations that it flooded the state with painkillers. Morrisey, a former lobbyist for a trade group that represents Miami-Luken and other drug distributors, inherited the lawsuit in 2013 after ousting longtime Attorney General Darrell McGraw.

I wasn't going to write this thread, but with the obvious abuses going on I found it hard not to.
The corps ship the pill, and the Dr./Dr's write the scripts. This boils down to Greed.
The Corps who make the pills first and foremost task is to create value for the share holders. Seems like the regs are not working. CEO's in prison will stop this and stop this bigly.

You know, I see this # and I am so grateful that opiates make me puke. Literally, make me puke. Every time. Otherwise, I would be on heroin by now.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The only way that could happen is clandestinely.

Better known as a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

They got everyone hooked, then tightened the prescription regulations so people had to turn to the heroin the federal government is dealing.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Too many people had to know about this.

Things like this don't happen in a vacuum.

In space, no one can hear you get addicted!

All kidding aside, this is tracked, the doctors known, the pharmacies tagged, and the “good places” shared like a phone number on the bathroom wall! Everyone is making money to the detriment of the addict. Then, arrest the addicts and blame them! Law system gets it cut as do correctional facilities! Then elect people to clean it up. Money fills PACs, people are given slogans, and real progress stalls.

#DrainTheVein

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Talk about "feeling no pain."

yeah! that averages out to 9.5 pills per day for every man woman and child in the town. those are some sickly people.

It's because of all the hurls and tugs happening in their town
edit on 30-1-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I wish I was surprised by the exploitation.

Does anyone think that the 2.5 million dollar fine is more than the cash the suppliers (pushers) made by purposely dropping all this oxy-hydro on the street?

These fines need teeth, but there also needs to be some people's asses in prison. And the people in jail should be the ones without their names on their shirts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join