It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel committee votes on party lines to release the memo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The underlying intelligence, however, belongs to the executive branch, and Trump could unilaterally make it public if he wished.

If i was Trump.

I'd release, and burn their house down.

After an entire YEAR of this snip.

Hell half no fury.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Grambler

Is there any reason Trump would not release the memo?

The answer is way longer than 288 characters that Twitter™ allows.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No legitimate reasons, anyhow

Shielding illegal acts from public scrutiny via classification expressly forbidden. Although if anyone is harmed as a result of its release, the past Administration should be held accountable

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Guess it's okay to release classified info it it helps the president.
The house minority wrote a corresponding report to accompany the memo. In an effort towards transparency the majority said...nope

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wonder what Jeff Sessions will have to say about this, or if this is some convoluted way President Snake is trying to force Sessions to quit, ya know like he's done to several others who have tried to do their jobs properly and legally.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No, I agree with you on that point.

I just find the comments from Sanders about it to be a little strange. I didn't expect her to be doing cartwheels at the news, but she's very much playing it down.

Just seemed a little odd to me is all, no nefarious intent behind it.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Only problem is that he clearly wrote it in retaliation for THE MEMO. Hard to take something seriously when the source is so compromised

link   
I saw this on Schiffs speech as well.

For now, however, the decision whether the FISA memo will be made public - an event which is supposed to help Trump greatly in his ongoing battle against Special Counsel Mueller - is entirely in Trump's hands, which will be a welcome change for the president. And incidentally, Trump will be delighted to learn that, at least according to Adam Schiff, "the FBI + DOJ are also apparently now under investigation by the R’s on House intel."

www.zerohedge.com...

And as all of the anti trump people have been saying for months, if there is an investigation it proves something must be some wrong doing.

I have a feeling this is only the beginning of this story of investigating the investigators.

+12 more 
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The house minority wrote a corresponding report to accompany the memo. In an effort towards transparency the majority said...nope

It is illegal to classify information in order to cover up illegal acts.
If what we have heard about the memo is true, it would be a crime to keep it covered up.

(post by Jiggly removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Did the FBI look at pencil neck's memo like they did for the Nunez memo?
We don't want unapproved info getting out right?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't really know much about this memo, but isn't all Government transparency a good thing?

Who wouldn't want a memo released? Except maybe a communist?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Oh the Alt-Left will be here any minute to claim just that. Now they are against releasing classified info. Seems the talkings points have been issued to the hillbots.

And here it comes right on the money!

a reply to: Sillyolme

Guess it's okay to release classified info it it helps the president. The house minority wrote a corresponding report to accompany the memo. In an effort towards transparency the majority said...nope

P

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: pheonix358

So, Trump in the oval office, gets this news and says "Finally!"

Now he has to work out how much time should elapse before he says yes!

Has to appear considered so what, an hour ... a day perhaps.

The one thing President Trump has in common with the A Team ... "I love it when a plan comes together!"

How long does he wait to say yes!

P

My guess is he will wait until after the state of the Union. I think he wants to talk about his policies in his address, and rest on that for a few days.

My guess is it will be released friday, but I could be wrong.

Or just read the memo at the SOTU address and then just drop the mic.....

I like that. Just throw it up on a huge wall screen and walk out!

link   
a mid term election year and the dam of liberal corruption in Washington is about to burst, bad timing for the democrats.

+17 more 
link   

First let me say I want the dem memo released.

However, it was clearly a quickly written ploy to take attention away from the original memo.

There has been classified intel released over and over and over again about the russia investigation that was used to hurt trump.

Those were all illegal.

Now the democrats are furious when the republicans dont illegally leak, but instead go through the legal channels to release info.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When something is classified to cover up a crime, public exposure becomes the priority. Not protecting some nebulous theme of "secrecy." What is there to worry about? The only thing at risk here is the legitimacy and credibility of a years worth of anti-Trump rhetoric, after all. Wouldn't want to find out that anyone has wasted a year that could've been spent working on internal Dem party issues or uniting the fractured party under a message that resonates with *all* Americans.

No, that would be too sensible. Better to throw around unsubstantiated nonsense and accusations, whip the party into a frenzy and build those 2020 (D) anti-Trump ticket credentials up.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
Orwell? I can't recall off the top of my head

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Did the Democrats vote in favor of releasing the GOP memo? My understanding is that this all went down on partisan lines. In the end, I don't know how much it matters, as this also frees up the Dems to talk about the specific contents of this memo and attempt to debunk them.

For the record, I do think they should release the Dems version at some point, though I also strongly suspect that the Dems will just leak it in a day or two, anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Republican memo is being "couriered" over to the White House right now, according to Woof Blister. He hopes the President will take the full 5 days to reach a "sober" decision. Woof = Idiot.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Same here Gram. I want to see everything, ideally. The memo, the Dem memo and the raw FISA warrant.

Now my question is... did McCabe step down because he knew the axe was about to come down? Or is it totally unrelated? Never was a believer in coincidences myself.

Either way, you can bet Schiff's memo is full of "Schiff" That is to say: conjecture, innuendo, frenzy inducing BS. But let the people see it. If nothing else, it'll be a good example of misinformation we can pick apart and learn from.

BTW, notice how they haven't been able to sweep this under the rug by calling it "a conspiracy theory" or pushing the "Russian propaganda" (gasp) theme. Amazing to me how those who tout the alleged dangers of "information/propaganda" seem to ignore those same risks when spewing totally unsubstantiated rumors ad nauseum

I say lay the cards down, and let them fall where they fall.
edit on 1/29/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join