It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel committee votes on party lines to release the memo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
I also have concerns that the memo, clearly written with a partisan flare will not reveal anything other than what has been said, ie "conspiracy" theories.

IF the memo sees the light of day without anything to actually show proof, then it could become part of Miller's case of obstruction. The President votes to release the memo and is so inflammatory and nothing is released to show proof then it could be construed as an attempt of obstruction, especially if the President flies off the handle and starts firing people...a carefully laid trap by never trumpets or we oppose anything democrats.

I would like the intel behind the memo released to.

But there is no remote way this can be used as obstruction of justice.

The intel committee voted on it, trump is just allowing or disallowing.

Whats funny is if trump did release the intel behind it like you are suggesting, an entire new groyup of people would call that releasing of intel obstruction of justice.

link   
So, is this the GOP distraction to the rumors about State Dept.not enforcing Russian sanctions?

I have not seen it picked up by a major group but it is buzzing around twitter.

edit on 29-1-2018 by Pyle because: Link broke removed it

link   
a reply to: Swills

* you hope

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm okay with it but I want the source material too. I don't trust Nunes to offer any kind of balanced reporting of events. His history is not good.
My concern is that it exposes our law enforcement and may endanger lives. The American people seem to still trust the FBI.

link   
I think you miss point.

It's obviously possible to abuse the fisa process if this is true.

I am against spying and think the fisa process needed to be debated and severely restricted.

I stead the authors of the memo voted to expand the fisa powers allowing databases to be searched without warrants among other things.

My point is yeah this will really pissed me off if true.

And then puss me off they rejected rand Paul's amendments and further more prevented him from even speaking to hold a debate.

They did the same with Amash in the house.

So yay they get a few scumbags while opening the door for others.

And trump hasn't reach that point yet in the election cycle. I don't think it's 4 d chess like some of the true believers. I think it's great pr. I don't denied however oBama played naughty.

Also if thy don't release the data does it matter? Why should I believe nunes and gowdy when they literally sat on this and prevented debates in the house and Senate over the fisa program.

edit on 29-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grambler

The Democrats weren't the ones pretending that releasing partisan hitjob memos based on highly classified source material — that none of us will ever get to see — was "transparency" or in the public interest.

That was the Republicans. They used the pretense of transparency and serving the public interest to argue for releasing the Nunes memo. That bull# went right out the window when it came to letting out anything they don't want us to see.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Grambler
Adam Schiff is giving a statement right now that the intel committee has voted to release the memo.

They also voted not to release adam schiffs democratic memo that they wrote in response.

Now Trump has 5 days to decide rather or not to release it.

I will add sources as they become available.

thehill.com...

Als apparently the committee did vote to allow all members of the house to see the democratic memo, which was the exact same process they took with the republican memo before it was released to the public.

Democrats, voting as a block, tried to advance a series of motions they said would help put the Republican memo in context. All but one of those motions failed along party lines. The committee did make a Democratic memo rebutting the Republican version available to the full House but not to the public.

www.nytimes.com...

The memo in no way changes the actions Trumps team and possibly have done.

In other words, if the law was broken, by Trump or his team, this does not change that.

So don't get too excited there people.We still don't know what it says.

I agree with this.

It is possible both trump and the intel committee broke laws, or neither; ones guilt does not make the other innocent.

However, I am more worried about Obama weoponizing the intel community to spy on opponents than Trump working with russians to steal the election.

If trump is guilty, we can get rid of him and solve the problem.

If Obama and the intel community is guilty, it could take decades to fix the intel agencies and restore faith in them.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The ones that follow the news don’t.

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The Democrats weren't the ones pretending that releasing partisan hitjob memos based on highly classified source material — that none of us will ever get to see — was "transparency" or in the public interest.

Guess someone missed that partisan hitjob called the Steele dossier.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Of course they voted to release the Nunes memo and to block the release of the minority memo. Because it's all about transparency and the American people having a chance to view all the relevant information.

They voted to release the counter-memo first to the House and then hold a later vote for public release. The exact same process they used for the memo.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm okay with it but I want the source material too. I don't trust Nunes to offer any kind of balanced reporting of events. His history is not good.
My concern is that it exposes our law enforcement and may endanger lives. The American people seem to still trust the FBI.

So you think the memo is true, if it does include information that exposes law enforcement and endangers lives.

link   

Well...i just hope the President eventually or someone does release proof and that he doesn't go off the deep end and try to fire Mueller and others because that will start a firestorm

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: neo96

Oh the Alt-Left will be here any minute to claim just that. Now they are against releasing classified info. Seems the talkings points have been issued to the hillbots.

Guess it's okay to release classified info it it helps the president.
The house minority wrote a corresponding report to accompany the memo. In an effort towards transparency the majority said...nope

Right on time.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Gowdy wanted to allow the FBI to approve it. He wanted it released but he wanted the FBI to see it and decide if it was ok we written.

Look it still has to be approved by the president.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

So you say.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This DC people are bad.

It doesn't matter if it's republican or democrat.

What we are seeing is a power-play.

This is colleagues busting each other and pissing in each others Wheaties.

What we (the great unwashed) want doesn't even play into it.

It never has.

It never will.

Just grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

This movie is long, and later on the republicans are going to do something naughty so the other side will get to cheer.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Gowdy also voted to expand the fisa program. Maybe so his team gets a shot.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The problem is as an independent I just get both sides pissing in my cherrios.

I just want people to vote to stop spying on me altogether.

link   

Gowdy wanted to allow the FBI to approve it. He wanted it released but he wanted the FBI to see it and decide if it was ok we written.

Look it still has to be approved by the president.

Maybe if you ask the president really nicely he might consider delaying it for a while until everyone upset by it can calm down a bit.

edit on 29-1-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   

a reply to: pheonix358

So you say.

No Silly,

The President of the United States of America says so.

MAGA

Drain The Swamp!

Two of His election promises being kept!

If HRC was on ATS ... she would sound just like you. I wonder if she has an account. Would be awesome to watch the melt-down.

P

edit on 29/1/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join