It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel committee votes on party lines to release the memo

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

The Democrats weren't the ones pretending that releasing partisan hitjob memos based on highly classified source material — that none of us will ever get to see — was "transparency" or in the public interest.

That was the Republicans. They used the pretense of transparency and serving the public interest to argue for releasing the Nunes memo. That bull# went right out the window when it came to letting out anything they don't want us to see.

No the democrats were the ones that paid a firm to pay a foreign agent to get partisan opposition research on trump from Kremlin sources, then have the info be used not only by the FBI but the media to smear trump, and then lied about it for a year while bloviating about that info like it wasnt partisan info.

Again, the republicans voted today to allow all of congress to see the dem memo, which was the exact same first step with the republican memo.

You know Gram, you can repeat that 1,000 times and even show video. People just don't get it. It's sad that people can be so angry that congress is doing something the right way. We live in topsy-turvy bizarro land I guess. As an independent I am happy that the information is being released legally and both memo's are being given the same treatment. Interesting days ahead for sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ShAuNmAn-X

As an Independent, I agree.

This whole thing needs to be laid out before us, so we can see what's going on for ourselves.

Sadly, there are partisan hacks on both sides who will not believe anything bad about their party.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately that is the case with everything lately. I for one applaud congress this time around for doing things right regardless of "party lines" hopefully this will clear up a lot of the speculation that's been going on. It's wishful thinking but maybe we're slowly seeing a return of an accountable government. Regardless of everything, rampant partisan division, baiting, attacking, etc have hurt all involved in the political process. a reply to: poncho1982

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Does anyone have any guesses on when or how long this will take to get the memo?

before or after SOTU?

anyone giving odds if the Dems leaks their memo in the hours before the republicans do?
edit on 30/1/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Does anyone have any guesses on when or how long this will take to get the memo?

before or after SOTU?

anyone giving odds if the Dems leaks their memo in the hours before the republicans do?
Educated guess says we will get the memo during or right after SOTU, as for the other being leaked, it's a possibility that I'm not willing to discount but preemptively leaking it would be a bad move politically and strategically. It gives the appearance of rampant desperation. Hopefully everyone acts like adults and lets the process happen in congress where it should.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

before or after SOTU?

I would guess it will not be released before the SOTU.

It will also not be released right after the SOTU, as trump will want what he says to be discussed in the news for a while. So I would look for a friday or Monday release of the memo.

As far as the dem memo leaking, that is what they do, so its a possibility.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That's a fair call however if it in any way reveals anything earth shattering or extremely advantageous we may get it sooner.a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Does anyone have any guesses on when or how long this will take to get the memo? before or after SOTU?

After the SOTU we get to listen to Maxine Waters spinning her #.

So hopefully before.

When the entire countries eyes are on Trump and gets to hear it directly from the horses mouths.

Well that is everyone except for hollywood elites, and Grammy Award attendees.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Don't forget we know the dems will leak their memo, and probably try to get it out before the republican memo is released so they can spin the narrative through their news contacts.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Don't forget we know the dems will leak their memo, and probably try to get it out before the republican memo is released so they can spin the narrative through their news contacts.

I can only base my opinion on the past. Yes, Dems will 'leak' their memo first in attempt to get ahead of it. Schiff was whining last night that the majority memo will have at least a week headstart if they now follow protocol too. It was obvious that they are already thinking it would be in their right to leak it.

Though, the past has proven that when they 'leak' their spin, it more often than not, comes back to drown themselves. Dems don't seem to recognize the undertow warnings and keep letting themselves get dragged further away from the shore. I am imagining Trump Admin and GOP are actually hoping they do.

edit on 1 30 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 30 2018 by CynConcepts because: Spellings

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

God I hope not.
We wouldn't want to confuse people by presenting both sides. That would be terrible.
People can't make up their minds that this is good if they get both sides of the story. They might start thinking for themselves and God that is dangerous. I know.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Not only do I want the dem memo to come out for the sake of transparency, I think that it will make it more likely for the intel behind the memos to be released.

If the two memos contradict each other and both are released, at that point it seems like both sides should want the intel behind the memos released to prove their memo correct and the other sides wrong.

Lets see which side fights harder to keep tha iintel away from public view. That should give us a good idea of which side may be wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Waffle? Flip flop?

Naaa, just sillyol hypocrisy!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yup.

Who's gonna stop him. It's a circus now as it is. Why not?
He should release it just before the SOTU address so it dominates the news cycle and no one listens to or talks about his speech. That would be great.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

God I hope not.
We wouldn't want to confuse people by presenting both sides. That would be terrible.
People can't make up their minds that this is good if they get both sides of the story. They might start thinking for themselves and God that is dangerous. I know.

Funny again, I didnt remember you aas outraged with all of the leaks to make trump look bad.

I didnt remember you suggesting that this was only one side being leaked and that was bad because people should make up their own minds.

But I am sure you want the dem memo leaked or to have a special privilege and not have to go through the same process the republican memo went through.

Because it seems quite obvious you arent interested in the truth, only cheering for your side.

Please stay well thses coming weeks, it may get rather bumpy for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

He should release it just before the SOTU address so it dominates the news cycle and no one listens to or talks about his speech. That would be great.

And THEY want you to believe it is the russians you need to worry about..........

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

God I hope not.

Or they could... I don't know do things the correct way, feed the republicans rope to hang themselves with..

Or they could rush it out there and ignore the rules which greenlights the republicans to do they same. Which benefits nobody but the politicos trying to hang on to power.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yup.

Who's gonna stop him. It's a circus now as it is. Why not?

Thank you Silly for proving my point about Dems! Their so busy trying to shut Trump up they just continually prove they are hypocrites when it comes to 'free speech' unless it is ONLY what they want to hear.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What if Trump says, "I won't release the memo if democrats sign off on everything I want for immigration".

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I wonder what Jeff Sessions will have to say about this, or if this is some convoluted way President Snake is trying to force Sessions to quit, ya know like he's done to several others who have tried to do their jobs properly and legally.

So you are a fan of Sessions? Jesus, you folks have a strange relationship with Trump's people.

Could you post a list of those you like, and those you don't like, so we could all understand the left's position?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join