It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul on Donald Trump's DACA Decision | Illegal Immigration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Seriously, so you would be good with some terrorist or drug dealer moving into your neighborhood?
When I was in the Air Force I paid a lot of money to move my british wife to the states. And when I retired, I paid a lot of money to get a british visa. I have no sympathy for people doing that illegally.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

good video, thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Damn , some folks on the thread need to learn about geopolitics and what it means to be a sovereign country...
And , apparently , one highly irrelevant Rand Paul as well .

It saddens me that he is but a small piece of his Dad's ideology. What might be worse, he is one of the few honest men in the Senate. Rand and Cruz for another do SEEM conservative. Not many others seem that way at all now. There are a couple D's I feel are conservative.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Seriously, so you would be good with some terrorist or drug dealer moving into your neighborhood?
When I was in the Air Force I paid a lot of money to move my british wife to the states. And when I retired, I paid a lot of money to get a british visa. I have no sympathy for people doing that illegally.

So, you had a good job. You were already rich enough to pay for things you wanted. Lucky from an accidental birth into a nation that provided opportunities. Your struggle was minimal.

For others, however, they come to get a good job, so that later they can pay for things, since they were unlucky at birth, to have been born in a place with little opportunities. They bring "hope", and "lots of energy and enthusiasm" with them, and even offer their labor at discount, just to overcome their inherited disadvantages.

Everybody tends to overlook the "wealth" they inherit from their immediate environment, from just being in the right place at the right time, and they only think of the "few things" that they have personally contributed to their own success, as being the source of their success.

To be sure, everybody is struggling, so each of us can point out the particular struggles we've had. But, we're not all starting from the same round in the ladder, to struggle to climb upwards. Some are already half way up the ladder, while others are just starting out on the ground step.

edit on 29-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Anyone else sick of the Rand/Ron Paul cult?

Why isn't he POTUS? Huh?

Biggest asshole I ever knew was a libertarian, ran over my dog.

Should have shot him when I had the chance.

Mother #er was a menace, I had a 3 yr old.

I don't like you guys.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I disagree with his approach concerning the green cards--I say just add to the numbers, get them all processed (if they meet appropriate requirements, of course, or guidelines that already exist), and let it go from there.

He proposes, maybe just off the cuff-ish, to do it in 200,000-person spurts over five years. Well, what do we do with the people who will be approved on the fifth year between now and then? Do they just stay here unofficially officially? Would they just get temporary visas?

If we did it all in one motion, which I think will be what happens (and, IMO, it's the most human way for a country who had an idiot tell these people that the existing law won't apply to them), we can all move on from this issue and get on to fixing our immigration issues at the border.

It's not that I hate Sen. Paul's approach, it's just that I think that it needs to be done in one sweeping move so that we can move on from this as a country.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

What I got was that if people were to protest an increase in immigrants in a single year then they could be processed as part of the normal yearly quota.

Make them file, grant temp status and that is that.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well, the more I thought about it, the more that I realized that we have a finite amount of immigration-application processing employees, so if we did it all at one and kept to the strict standard, people would be overwhelmed and things would get missed.

In that spirit, I can see why Mr. Paul would approach it the way that he did.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

That might be true but he specifically said "so for the people on the right we say, we are not expanding immigration, we are not necessarily rewarding, we are not going to take 1.2 million next year. We are going to take 1 million and 200 thousand slots are people who have lived here 15 - 20 years."

So, yeah, his idea of splitting them up and processing them over 5 years in groups that would make up part of what the US normally takes in yearly is to keep people from arguing that there is an increase in legal immigration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join