It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Figured out a way to calculate President Trump's TRUE POLL APPROVAL NUMBERS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
And that answer is: TWITTER. I mean Think about it we have a active President using Social Media every single day literally telling us whats on today's agenda/his mind. Trump is THE MOST TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATION AMERICA HAS EVER HAD. And one more thing, unlike Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama using Twitter we all know those accounts are run by Staff Members. With Trump you know its him tweeting from his confidential Black Berry Phone all the way down to spelling mistakes. Which gives more aunthinciety to calculating his Popularity using Twitter's "Likes" function. Trump has a following of 47.1 MILLION PEOPLE ACROSS THE NATION AND WORLD.

My idea is very simple we add up all the "Likes" President Trump has received starting on January 20, 2017 then divide that by 47. 1 Million. That should give you a idea of the amount of people actually support Trump. I was hoping someone here could write a Script using Twitter's api to calculate that number since doing it manually would take a long ass time since his average tweets per day is 8. I mean look at Gallup Daily Job Approval for Trump they calculate it at 36.9%

Gallup tracks daily the percentage of Americans who approve or disapprove of the job Donald Trump is doing as president. Daily results are based on telephone interviews with approximately 1,500 national adults; Margin of error is ±3 percentage points.

news.gallup.com...

Only 1,500 Adults? Thats not even 1% of the LEGAL Voting Population. So how can Gallup say he has only a 36.9% Job Approval when Trump Tweets in real time the amount of "Likes" he receives is far greater and represents a much larger percentage of the population. I mean lets look at his Latest Tweets and the Likes he gets:

121K etc.,

Just from those numbers alone represents a greater percentage of voting adults and easily DWARFS Gallups polls.
edit on 25-1-2018 by SCG20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Be sure to notify Gallup of your tremendous discovery

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SCG20

What are Us twits who don't tweet to do? Where shall We forage in Our hunts for TheTruth?

Question: Did You delete any Twitter™ fans who just might be 'illegal'? The guy from Ecuador who actually owns the food truck, working His way up from 'napkin hombre', I wonder how He'd vote?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Whoever counts the votes decides the election.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

That would not be accurate. There are allot of people like myself who don't use Twitter. Hell he lost the popular vote by millions.

I read trumps tweets online, but do not subscribe. If you want to have some fun, try fact checking his tweets. That is a laugh.

edit on 25-1-2018 by kurthall because: Fix

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
And please don't tell the Russian bots.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

That would not be accurate. There are allot of people like myself who don't use Twitter. Hell he lost the popular vote by millions.

I read trumps tweets online, but do not subscribe. If you want to have some fun, try fact checking his tweets. That is a laugh.

They didn't sign up to win by the Popular Vote. And this isnt about "Fact Checking" either. This is about getting accurate Job approval data. Also Just because you read it and dont Like it or not subscribed to him doesn't mean a thing. Lots of people see the Tweet on the MSM or Local News/Radio. Tweeting is driving Job Approval Numbers Up not down.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Unless you go door to door and are completely unbiased will you get an accurate poll rating. The libs have their own poll and the cons have their own poll. Both are biased to the point where those numbers mean absolutely nothing in my book.

Why stop at twitter though. His post show up on Facebook and every other SN site. You have to count those likes as well. Plus that 47 million are also people who don't like him but want to know what he says.

That's just my opinion and its value is what you place on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Surely it would be more accurate than 1500 people.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Let me guess, just make up a number you like and claim that to be his real approval rating
edit on 25-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Trump has the lowest approval numbers of any sitting president in History so Tweeting probably isn't driving up his approval numbers at all. The fake news cults and the foreign bots are the only ones that believe a thing that comes out of his mouth let alone his fingers. And if you really think you can get his approval numbers by Twitter likes you have got to be one of if not the least informed person on ATS.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 25-1-2018 by Stevenjames15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The anti-Trump Trolls are out in force tonight doin some fancy baitin...
We have replies on who wins elections and Trump lost the popular vote
Both canned responses
Nothing at all to do with using Twitter to do some personal polling.
I prefer the Rasmussen and Gallup polls kinda averaged...as they actually CONTACT the US citizens
Sorry , foreign citizens are not polled . But there is a good reason for that...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No. Trump losing the popular vote isn't a canned response. It's an actual fact.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: Gothmog

No. Trump losing the popular vote isn't a canned response. It's an actual fact.

If only California would have allowed the investigation, which they would not, which puts into the realm of possibility that they are lying.
I believe in the polls that take Trumps approval ratings about as much as I believe the polls that said Hilary had a 98% chance to win, which was what the polls showed on election day.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Twitter has been manipulating everything left / right related. Likes, retweets, followers, etc.

There is literally no possible way to ever get a realistic poll on the popularity of POTUS. Whether it was during Obama's years or now in Trump's years. Twitter, Facebook, Google, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, are all biased with heavy left leaning ideologies, left leaning opinions, and left leaning suggestive thoughts.

People are so entrenched in social media and get caught up so quickly in the social media wars they rarely stop to think if their opinions and views are being either censored or manipulated.

It will never change. If the left has done one thing exceptionally well it is they have controlled the public flow of left leaning ideologies through the ongoing disinformation campaigns by the MSM and all leading edge social media giants. The only thing we can do is to stay aware and awake. One would hope at some point those that are being led around by the nose will one day wake up to the absolute lies they are told on a daily basis.

Here is the one irrefutable fact I use to gauge Trump's popularity.

Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Let me guess, just make up a number you like and claim that to be his real approval rating

its called Math

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I can spot a few problems here.

1) Twitter is a world wide service. Many of his followers are world wide.

2) There is some controversy as to how many "bots" have infested Twitter from Transylvania. That number is argued back and forth of course but fake twitter bots are bought and sold for almost every celebrity and may number in the millions.

3) Most of the presidents opposition and nearly all media, regardless of political affiliation follow him as well, so the total number of followers is in no way indicative of his number of supporters.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SCG20

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

its called Math

And you cant just pick two numbers and divide by the other and call it "statistics".

You need justification of using those numbers.
edit on 26-1-2018 by Theprodicalson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Umm. Opinion surveys use a small sample in comparison to the population, but they try to make the sample representative. Plus, with so many surveys you get something called statistical significance i.e. if they are all coming up with the same outcome then it's probably accurate.

That said, opinion polls can be wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join