It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Document: Oswald Trained by CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I just saw this document regarding some of Lee Harvey Oswald's military training and assignments. Interesting. When I learned of his training and defection to the Soviet Union, I knew he was a lot more than some disaffected loser. Much more. The average Grunt/Marine is not trained in the Russian language.

Here's a link to the document. I don't know where it came from. Take a look. TEll me what you think..

Proof Lee Harvey Oswald
Trained By CIA,
Worked For ONI
2-13-5
www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah...nice document. Pretty well known he was trained by the CIA and learned Russian and was a spy in Russia, not a defector or Russian simpathizer. Just a poor sap that thought he was doing some good work for his country and what does he get: Framed for the JFK assassination and then killed before he can defend himself.....sucks!!

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
WOW! Someone actually commented on this!

I think his military/intel background is something that's gone woefully unreported in the media.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Alot of the media and powers that be still want the American public to believe Oswald was the "lone gunman." It's pathetic. I just read an article in Reader's Digest about "possible new evidence in the Kennedy assassination" and it talks about the cop with the mike keyed on his radio the whole time of the assassination and how they have a tape of it and some new digital technology may allow some scientists to reproduce the tape so they can listen and see if there was more than three shots fired. GIVE ME A BREAK. Another example of people still wanting to try and make people think there was just 3 shots fired from the damn book depository. Like we need anymore evidence. Anyone with half a brain knows that Oswald was a patsy and probably didn't fire a single shot.....and the head shot came from the grassy knoll.

Whatever....Supposedly ALL the evidence and ALL the truth will be released in 2029....I'll be 66.....I hope I'm around to check it all out (if it is all actually there)....of course, some stuff could get lost or tapes erased (like the Watergate tapes)...they'll let us know only what they want us to know even then!!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If I am not mistaken wasn't Oswalt a US military Sniper also , he was trained during his single hitch obligation and was feild hardened in a short time. I think he was very qualified before the CIA thing. This made it easier to hide because he was not well known in the military as he wasnt there long , but just long enough to perfect his craft. I thought that came out in the beginning of the conspiracy theory debate back 1 year or so after the shooting.

[edit on 19/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There is a lot of circumstantial, unfortunately non documented, that Oswald had close contact with the CIA. His involvement with the U2 flyovers of Russia in the 50's alone is enough to strongly suggest he had CIA connections as the U2 project was a CIA operation.
Oswald, as far as the official records go, was never certified a Marine Sniper infact some of his buddies commented he was a poor shot and only just passed the rifle certification all Marines have to attain, although im willing to concede this could be dis-info.
Another thing that strongly indicates CIA involvement in Oswald's Military career is Oswald learning Russian and embracing all things Russian during his service in the Marine Corps. You would have to ask an ex Marine like Grady but im sure this kind of Russophila would have brought some kind of attention from his superiors, especially on a Marine base.
There have also been reports that Oswald may have attended a language school used by Military intelligence to train agents in languages. But again this is just word of mouth.
Then if we look at when Oswald applied for his passport back after his Russian adventure how quick it was. i think ( im working from memory ) he got his passport back within about 2 weeks, when a normal application especially from a defector would routinely take 2 months. And why wasn't Oswald arrested when he came back from Russia? There dosnt seem to be any info that he was debriefed by the CIA/FBI. All strongly suggesting the hidden hand of one or more of the intelligence agencies.

I watched "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" last night and the was a suggestion the head shot may have come from a storm drain to front right ( from the presidents perspective ). So guy on there says that he has proved that the track of the head wound came from the front right travelling upwards and that the Knoll gunman may have been a distraction tactic.

The document on Rense looks authentic but im not a document expert so i couldn't say for sure. There must be someone on ATS who has experience of official Government documents who could give us an opinion. My thoughts are that it may be fake, perhaps by someone who wants to bolster the case for Oswald being CIA trained ( im sure he was ) but why anyone would do that i don't know.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Janus]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

Oswald, as far as the official records go, was never certified a Marine Sniper infact some of his buddies commented he was a poor shot and only just passed the rifle certification all Marines have to attain, although im willing to concede this could be dis-info.

The simple fact he has CIA connections and was supposed to be defecting and needed a portfolio of a reject negates the validity of his buddies and military records in my opinion , if you want a mole you dont want him to be to highly connected or it would arouse suspicion because if he was the best at everything he would not be left to the oportunity of defecting as the policy at the time was to terminate rogues rather than have them turn. It was a propaganda war basically that facilitated the ease of assimilation.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The simple fact he has CIA connections and was supposed to be defecting and needed a portfolio of a reject negates the validity of his buddies and military records in my opinion , if you want a mole you dont want him to be to highly connected or it would arouse suspicion because if he was the best at everything he would not be left to the oportunity of defecting as the policy at the time was to terminate rogues rather than have them turn. It was a propaganda war basically that facilitated the ease of assimilation.

I agree, the CIA has a habit of using two sets of documentation for its agents. They have the record of a persons service that they want a person to see, i.e. Oswald was a dissafected Marine who was a closet commie. And then they have another set of documents that are kept secret with the true record of a person who they wish to use as a deep cover agent containing all the real info. So yes its very possible that Lee Harvey was a much better shot than was asserted by his buddies and may have been trained to Marine Sniper standard. But with Oswald its all smoke and mirrors, we cannot tell with any degree of certainty what is true and what is not.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I agree, the CIA has a habit of using two sets of documentation for its agents. They have the record of a persons service that they want a person to see, i.e. Oswald was a dissafected Marine who was a closet commie. And then they have another set of documents that are kept secret with the true record of a person who they wish to use as a deep cover agent containing all the real info. So yes its very possible that Lee Harvey was a much better shot than was asserted by his buddies and may have been trained to Marine Sniper standard. But with Oswald its all smoke and mirrors, we cannot tell with any degree of certainty what is true and what is not.

I find the best way to know the truth is to ask the goverment and what ever the deny then that is the truth rolled in a lie , yes means no and no means yes.....It is not hard to find facts just look at the words, everything they say turns out to be the opposite, thats is common knowledge. The only new developement is that Bush will lie till caught and instead of continuing the lie will admit he lied and offer the reasons for the lie as misinformation and consiracy of his subordinates by his orders to protect national security.

[edit on 19/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I find the best way to know the truth is to ask the goverment and what ever the deny then that is the truth rolled in a lie , yes means no and no means yes.....It is not hard to find facts just look at the words, everything they say turns out to be the opposite, thats is common knowledge.

Oswald was a very complex and fascinating character, his Russian adventure alone is full of holes and contradictions, let alone his Marine service. In this case the intelligence community has done a good job of using those smoke and mirrors to confuse and frustrate investigators at every turn. They seem quite content to let us believe Oswald is innocent ( i think he is ) whilst releasing no documentation to confirm or deny their involvement in his life leading up to the murder of JFK. They even with held or destroyed documentation that was requested by the House Assassinations investigation.
I think, and this is just my opinion, that Oswald was used as an intelligence asset in the USSR and that when he got back he continued to be used by the CIA. Perhaps to infiltrate the pro Castro activities in New Orleans and somehow got caught up in a plot to kill JFK. Perhaps he thought he was working to prevent the assassination when in fact he was being set up to take the fall by the very people who trained him in the first place.
But who ever set up Lee Harvey did a very good job and even today we cannot be sure even how many shooters there were never mind who committed the act in the first place. Without the physical evidence from the autopsy, the Presidents brain to track the wound, blood samples, tissue samples the full set of X-Rays etc that have gone missing over the years we are forced to rely on grainy old photos and fading memories to try and get the truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Then Janus I cant be so far off if you yourself have found contradictions misleadings and cover ups could I

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Then Janus I cant be so far off if you yourself have found contradictions misleadings and cover ups could I

No, you cant be far off, infact i agree with all you said, the contradictions are there without a doubt. It would be nice if we could get our hands on Oswalds real CIA file wouldnt it?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

No, you cant be far off, infact i agree with all you said, the contradictions are there without a doubt. It would be nice if we could get our hands on Oswalds real CIA file wouldnt it?

The only way that is going to happen is if you can find the ashes cause thats all that will be left for release and covienently enough that fire would have been caused by terrorists or something.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The CIA runs operatives on the need-to-know system. The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing. That provides them with plausible deniability. I believe Oswald was indeed involved with the CIA (through military) and used in the JFK assassination. The extent of his involvement is the 50 thousand dollar question.

Tim McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing present us with the same set of mysteries. It is so strikingly similar, its eery.

I believe McVeigh was also working for US intelligence.

OSWALD AND DEALEY PLAZA VS. McVEIGH AND THE OKC BOMBING

Craig Roberts
February 17, 2005
NewsWithViews.com

It was as if I'd seen it before. It was like history repeating itself, but his time I was there to witness what I'd only read about. It was the crime of the century, and I was one of the investigators. But as I worked the case I could see that too many things were falling into place that eerily reminded me of what, prior to April 19th, 1995, was considered "the Crime of the Century", the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

I had a distinct advantage over the other investigators. I had spent four years immersed in an investigation into the Kennedy assassination, resulting in my book "Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza." In researching the facts surrounding the Kennedy murder, and the Warren Commission's assertion that a lone nut with a gun named Lee Harvey Oswald was responsible, I had delved into Oswald and the mysteries surrounding him prior to November 22, 1963. Now, as one of the assigned investigators of the Oklahoma City bombing, I began to witness a series of events transpire that so closely matched the events in Dallas that it was chilling. I could almost tell what would happen next on a day-by-day basis. Beside the entire "investigation" turning into a massive and blatant coverup before my eyes, I noticed that the two "lone nuts," McVeigh and Oswald, seemed to have a lot in common. So much so, that one could draw the conclusion that OKBOMB was an off-the-shelf operation that was taken from a blue print first drawn up in Dallas 32 years before--or maybe even earlier at a building in Germany called the Reichstag.

Let's examine the "coincidences."
www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There some parallels between McVeigh and Oswald. But the thing that strikes me about McVeigh is that he was a model Soldier. He was a decorated Gulf War Vet, bronze or Silver star i think, and was to be considered for Delta at one time. Also he worked close protection for Gen Schwartzkopf at one time that would have brought him into contact with Intel operatives i imagine.
I think the main difference between Oswald and McVeigh is that if McVeigh was a candidate for sheep dipping it didn't really begin until after he left the service, whilst Oswald seems to have been sheep dipped whilst still a serving Marine indicating he was ear marked early on in his service.
Its interesting that Mr Roberts says that the Oklahoma murders had the look of an off the shelf operation but i don't feel qualified to comment on that as i haven't done that much reading on the subject.
Good link though, makes for interesting reading.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hey, ECK, have you seen JFK, the Oliver Stone classic.
He uses info from Jim Marrs' and Garrisons's books on the assassination. And, I'm sure there's some poetic license. It is worth a see...or two or three.
I've read Garrison's book but not Marrs...yet.

In no way was LHO as the media and government portrayed him. His own desciption fits best---patsy!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I, too, once worked for the U.S. government, by Kid's standards I therefore am currently an agent. Beware!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Already covered here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the existing discussion.

Aslo try using the ATS Search Here!

Sorry, Thread Closed

top topics

join