It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals in California with Driver's Licenses Eligible to Vote After April 1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Were trying to rid California of these scum bag liberals,the only thing is the governor is so corrupt he could care less,we would love to tar and feather his filthy ass

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

The program is part of [A.B.] 1461, dubbed the California New Motor Voter Act. Signed into law in October 2015, the new statute requires the DMV to forward records for all eligible applicants to the Secretary of State's Office for registration unless those applicants elect not to register to vote.

Look, this is ripe for abuse, how many illegals do you think will elect to not 'opt out'?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

And hillary still would have lost....
Ha..

I really don't understand this.
Why bother having standards if you are going to lower them so much?

We might as well ignore every other federal law.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It is absolutely ridiculous to let non-citizens vote in our election. Talk about foreign interference in elections...this is it.

They've absolutely no right to snip bout Russia after this.

NONE what so ever.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Dems aren't exactly leading by example either whether this article is true or false. It isn't far off of what the California government is willing to do to enhance their stance on illegal immigration.

There is nothing misinformation about this other than the details and the headline.

Would you be surprised if this was true??? Come on. Use some common sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Metallicus
It is absolutely ridiculous to let non-citizens vote in our election. Talk about foreign interference in elections...this is it.

They've absolutely no right to snip bout Russia after this.

NONE what so ever.

Its not even true, why are you bringing Russia into this. Mods, what is up?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Russia, the typical scapegoat card used when someone can't make a good argument.

IT WAS RUSSIANS!!!! Or but Russia (insert excuse)
edit on 23-1-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yeah it is true.

Dig up the 2016 Democratic National convention in PA where they marched out illegal immigrants on stage to campaign for their chosen one.

Simulcast in spanish.

More people voted for Clinton in the last election than they voted when Obama ran in California.

edit on 23-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

The program is part of [A.B.] 1461, dubbed the California New Motor Voter Act. Signed into law in October 2015, the new statute requires the DMV to forward records for all eligible applicants to the Secretary of State's Office for registration unless those applicants elect not to register to vote.

Look, this is ripe for abuse, how many illegals do you think will elect to not 'opt out'?

Its says right There in your post "ALL ELIGIBLE" It doesn't say EVERY PERSON REGISTERED, DOES IT?

link   

The only way a person won't have their information at the DMV automatically sent to the Secretary of State’s Office for registration is if they opt out.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Over the last two years, the Golden State has licensed over 800,000 illegal aliens to drive, and as the new motor voter law AB 1461 goes into effect in 2017, anti-Trump lawmakers are vowing to fight the Trump administration on attempts to enforce immigration law.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 23-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

link   

Thanks for the info, made me look a bit more, I found this gem.

Dmv website

SUMMARY: California Driver's License for Undocumented Residents
As of January 2015, California residents who cannot establish legal presence in the United States may apply for a driver's license if they can show eligible proof of identification and residency in the state. These driver's licenses may not be used for identification purposes. By law, no one may discriminate against a holder of an AB-60 license, or use this license to attempt to question the holder's citizenship or immigration status.

Now I already know california doesn't care about illegals...deporting them that is. But the above, how does one prove that you live in a state without legal presence...and not just be deported. Seems like they may have a list of people who shouldn't be here.

I understand that people want a better life, but do it legally, or maybe try and improve your country, make it better. I know that is easier said than done, but saying oh you came here illegally and disrespected the law of the land, that's ok we forgive you is not right either.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: uninspired

I don't really agree with the whole license to illegals to begin with, but the reason CA voted to pass the law, is because there were sooooooo many illegals driving with no license, no license meant no insurance. That was a big one. I did not vote, yes on that btw.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok, this makes me #ing angry.

I waited YEARS to become a citizen before I could vote. The whole time feeling "I have a stake in this, I can't wait till I can exercise that right".

I EARNED my right to vote, my citizenship, my place in America.

These people get to walk right in, earn nothing, and whine until CALIFORNIA gives them what they want.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This whole thread is ridiculous. Trolling mouse digs up info that only appears on one website and tries to pawn it off as truth. If you guys believe this kind of bs then you seriously have no right even debating politics. This is the largest example of mistruth and mis-characterization i've seen.

Suppose next you'll be telling me that Obama wrote this law and Hillary signed it.

I've lost all faith in you guys. N&N are so full of hate and anger, they can't be bothered with talking in truths anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah it is true.

Dig up the 2016 Democratic National convention in PA where they marched out illegal immigrants on stage to campaign for their chosen one.

Simulcast in spanish.

More people voted for Clinton in the last election than they voted when Obama ran in California.

The fact that they let illegals vote should be enough to have their government arrested.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've been looking into crypocurrency and blockchains a little bit and is this something that could somehow be used for elections. I think it would make fraud a bit harder, though I suppose it doesn't do much to prevent illegals from voting or maybe it does, in any case it allows votes that are cast to be way more secure(in theory).

Forbes article.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Its not true....OMG, see, all these people believe this, its sad....Dude, not true, I live in So Cali. ILLEGALS ARE NOT GOING TO BE ALLOWED TO VOTE HERE!

The OP is BS. I posted the links. Read what they say. They are NOT registering illegals to vote.

link   
This brings up a philosophical question: Is it the job of the state to only register U.S. citizens, and therefore take on the burden of proving each applicant, or is it the responsibility of the federal election commission to ensure that only citizens are voting?

Yes, I think that this court ruling could muddy the waters greatly, and California has a very, VERY poor history of being on the right side of proof of citizenship, but in my opinion, the federal election commission (along with the DOJ, in this instance) is the one who should be tasked with enforcing the federal laws and ensuring the integrity of the voting process.

But then herein lies the conundrum--with California passing such laws and rulings that even non-citizens can get state identification, and then they will be automatically registered to vote, and even if California adopted an ID policy, then now it's just very easy for these illegals to vote.

So, with all of that said, I think that it's time that the DOJ recognize this reality and step in and do something about it, because while I recognize that California can make its own decisions on who it licenses to drive, it should not be able to register these illegals for voting purposes, especially when they fight tooth and nail concerning the assurance that only citizens are voting.

ETA:

All right, I looked at the actual verbiage of the law, and at first, something frustrated me:

(a) The Department of Motor Vehicles, in consultation with the Secretary of State, shall establish a schedule and method for the department to electronically provide to the Secretary of State the records specified in this section.

(b) (1) The department shall provide to the Secretary of State, in a manner and method to be determined by the department in consultation with the Secretary of State, the following information associated with each person who submits an application for a driver’s license or identification card pursuant to Section 12800, 12815, or 13000 of the Vehicle Code, or who notifies the department of a change of address pursuant to Section 14600 of the Vehicle Code:

(A) Name.

(B) Date of birth.

(C) Either or both of the following, as contained in the department’s records:

(i) Residence address.

(ii) Mailing address.

(D) Digitized signature, as described in Section 12950.5 of the Vehicle Code.

(E) Telephone number, if available.

(F) Email address, if available.

(G) Language preference.

(H) Political party preference.

(I) Whether the person chooses to become a permanent vote by mail voter.

(J) Whether the person affirmatively declined to become registered to vote during a transaction with the department.

(K) A notation that the applicant has attested that he or she meets all voter eligibility requirements, including United States citizenship, specified in Section 2101.

(L) Other information specified in regulations implementing this chapter.

You'll note that all it takes is someone telling the DMV person "that he or she meets all voter eligibility requirements, including United States citizenship..." No actual proof or official documentation is specified as necessary.

That's concerning in and of itself.

But then as I read on, I found these two paragraphs that addressed the issue of falsely claiming that the applicant meets all eligibility requirements:

2268. If a person who is ineligible to vote becomes registered to vote pursuant to this chapter in the absence of a violation by that person of Section 18100, that person’s registration shall be presumed to have been effected with official authorization and not the fault of that person.

2269. If a person who is ineligible to vote becomes registered to vote pursuant to this chapter and votes or attempts to vote in an election held after the effective date of the person’s registration, that person shall be presumed to have acted with official authorization and shall not be guilty of fraudulently voting or attempting to vote pursuant to Section 18560, unless that person willfully votes or attempts to vote knowing that he or she is not entitled to vote.

So, then I thought, "Okay, they're addressing the concern of people lying and registering to vote anyhow, even if they're ineligible. That seems fair."

But the more I look at it, the more that I see that, in the end, what they're doing is absolving someone of the personal responsibility of willfully voting illegally, and putting the onus on the state to prove, per paragraph 2269 about, that person willfully voted illegally.

So, while this law does address that someone has to be a legal resident of the U.S. to register and vote, it absolves the individual who does illegally register and illegally vote from the culpability of doing so, instead saying that it's the state's fault for registering the person.

This law allows illegals to register by just affirming--not PROVING--that they are eligible to vote, and if the individual does so, it basically protects them from legal repercussions!

This is a thinly-veiled attempt by California to get illegals to vote--the DOJ and the FEC need to step in BEFORE the next election and stop these shinanigans.

edit on 23-1-2018 by SlapMonkey because: added more info based on the verbiage of the actual law

edit on 23-1-2018 by SlapMonkey because: coding errors

link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Reminds me of this little gem.

nypost.com...

California Needs to be quarantined and occupied by federalized troops. Raids on all locations of illegals. Arrests of all politicians involved. Basically a clean sweep operation of the entire state.

No one leaves or enters California unless you have official business. All flights grounded and no one goes anywhere until this mess is cleaned up.

Soldiers/ Marines/ SF/ Delta Force/ Airforce / Coast Guard. All of it and the hardware just in case ANTIFA/Cartel Gangs want to start anything.

Yea! Lets declare martial law and throw Posse Comitatus out the window because we don't like their politics! Woo!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join