It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME: 'Sorry Vegans, Meat-Eating Made us HUMAN!'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette

Umm.. but dolphins, monitor lizards, tegus, anoles, some tortoises and even shrews often have higher brain-to-body mass ratios than humans! Nevertheless, we are told meat-eating somehow 'made' us bigger brains and human.

It is not all about how big the brain is, but how much energy does it consume, and boy does ours consume a bunch. We have actually loss some brain mass since farming was discovered. Though farming ensures a more stable food source, it has less energy than our old high fat/protein diet before farming.

My question would be, considering supermarkets nationwide go empty within hours at the drop of an MSM hat, how do we get back to Eden?!

We don't, but then we were real meat eaters back then so I'm not sure you question or point?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
How is fish and poultry MEAT?!

Enquiring brain (not quite as intelligent as dolphins and tortoises per brain/mass ratio) wants ta know..

Because it comes from an animal, its muscle tissue.

You really dont know what meat is?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: SailorJerry

we are supposed to be omnivores eating meats and vegetables...you can tell from looking at our teeth

Indeed we are.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Only one triggered seems to be you. If all the cows , pigs , chickens all disappear then we are goners too. Hope that is not too much for you to take in. Grab a brown paper bag and breath long and slow into it if you start to panic. If you just want to be vegan go for it , but you wont stop meat eaters with all your doom and gloom. Sorry champ.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Eat what we can is a bitter question. We don't have to kill other animals to survive. The moral question would be, why do so if there's no need.

Just for luxury of taste might fire back eventually.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If I had to kill and gut an animal in order to eat meat, I would sure as hell be a vegetarian.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Why do people spend so much time obsessing over what other people put into their bodies?

Just mind ya bizness.

edit on 21-1-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Why do people spend so much time obsessing over what other people put into their bodies?

Just mind ya bizness.

I've recently stepped into activism after working in the restaurant industry for 21 years. I participate in Anonymous Voice For The Voiceless Cubes Of Truth and a few other things, but what I've learned in my time with the general public is that the majority of the general public has ZERO clue where their food comes from or what exactly they're putting in their bodies.
In the U.S., we've got a pretty serious healthcare issue, it directly affects my pocket when people don't pay attention to what they consume.

I went vegan for ethical reasons and then had to figure out how to make a diet work for me. One of the biggest questions my meat-eating friends ask me is "Where are you getting your protein from?" in which I'll turn the question back on them and they'll tell me about the burgers, steaks or chicken they've been consuming, pumped full of GMO's, anti-biotics, growth hormones, sodium and dye while I'm eating a taco bowl full of veggies bought from a local farmer's market.

As someone who cares about all life, I think it's important that we care about what we're eating as a society. Factory farming/industrial fishing is doing an amazing job at destroying the land we live on, our oceans are looking to be dead by 2048. These are highly important things that will effect human life for years to come.

From an ethical standpoint, the 56 billion land animals and 2.7 trillion sea creatures who are served on plates every year is a pretty intense hit to the gut. We no longer need animals to survive, yet we continue to abuse/rape/murder them for our taste pleasure. That may not have any effect on you because you see yourself superior to other life forms, but it's exactly what's happening.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Pretty sure "dolphins" arent eating oranges and quinoa

I swear do some of you even read what you put out, or ??

Might have hit a little proof of the value of eating meat there fella

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This test doesn't make any sense. As a child I went crazy chewing gum... As a vegan I'm more interested in the studies that show how nutrition effects how humans develop.

Unless I'm missing something this study was designed to give the result it gave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join