It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is crypto owned by TPTB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Maybe crypto was created to be the middle classes way out.Just maybe it was created for us to think we had a way to get away from that grasp? I am beginning to think this is a big scam. My reason for thinking this is that crypto was/is a unregulated market and that was intriguing to everyone of a age that can risk investing. But what if that is what we were led to believe. What if we just dumped our money into a swamp that will eat us up? Some may say this is a lot alike the .com boom, but I am looking at this from another angle. Just a thought that came to me whilst on the pooper. Figured I’d throw that out.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

But what if that is what we were led to believe. What if we just dumped our money into a swamp that will eat us up?

Never "Dump" all your money into a swamp.

Diversify.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
mostly yes, but not our powers that be. The more popular ones are being used by China and Russia as a way of undermining the western financial order and ditching the dollar. It is their TPTB that is conning the regular folk of the west and the countries aligned with them.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think it's probably a lack of experience in this market.

Listen to what the big companies are saying. Recently Microsoft temporarily suspended BTC transactions on their platforms because of high volatility.

Volatility is the name of the game.

Be patient.

That's not to say there's no manipulation in this market. Only that cycles like this tend to happen in the crypto space with wide swings up and down.
edit on 16 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Blockchains are unsustainable in the long run as they require more and more electricity and computing power as each new transaction is added to the chain. It's also a digital ponzi scheme. You buy into it then realize that you need to convince others that it's valuable so they buy into it which increases the value otherwise it'll become worthless.

The Great Digital Depression is coming if things keep progressing as they have.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think so,I have a theory that it could potentially be used to reduce the global population. How you might ask,by inflating the value then making it take a steep dive into non-existent. If millions of people lost the many thousands they invest in cryptocurrency I think there would be a mass suicide. (As outlined in the Georgia guide stones,they want a reduced population,what better way to do it while keeping their hands "clean"?)

I realize I'm probably wrong about that but I still don't trust any cryptocurrency and I never will. Currency that you can't physically keep secure was never yours to begin with,and just as easily as it was acquired it can be taken away. Say it's secure all you want but nothing digital is truly ever secure.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
lol shouldn’t laugh but one of my mates came over to my house talking about investing in Bitcoin because he just had dinner the other night with friends and one of his friends there just sold out for 25 million sterling

I said “ I’m not sure mate, I can’t see how it’s worth anything and it’s just speculators driving the price up before they sell”

He replied his friend told them the people behind the federal reserve are behind bit coin

I was amazed when he said that, and I said ‘ you sure ?”

Anyway he decided to buy it at my house and I’m giving him a funny look as he’s taking a photo of his driving licence while laughing himself and saying I hope they ain’t Russians I am sending this too as he created an account

Took so long to try and buy one bitcoin, told me a couple of days later he couldn’t even buy a whole one

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Is crypto owned by TPTB

No.

But don't be surprised that one day soon we're gonna hear the phrase 'The War on Crypto'.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I like the 80's animatronics Sophia AI.

Saudi Arabia gave the computer citizenship.

The creepy writing on the wall behind her literally said "AI for good!" Lol

Sophia is the head they stick on the mining computer to tax.

Every other country and it's mom wants a great AI too.

MSM is backing bitcoin now.

The nature of bit "currency" is it is just a massive, un-erasable ledger of all transactions later converted to real money.

This is before the stock run up by trader speculating and "people are putting up their homes for a bitcoin" market noise.

The chance to be rich and not retire is hard to resist.

I would short Bitcoin.

That's my take.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Borg money, watch all kinds of fraud and crime erupt with cryptos necessitating a fully secured system. Once enough people are using electronic currencies, and then mandated by law and then rampant crime people will scream for chips in their brains.

Chips that also broadcast a unique signal to the internet of things around you, that signal will be your DNA encoded enough to uniquely identify you, your person.

You won't be able to get on your computer, open your house, start your car or make toast without this damn chip in your brain.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

If it's not in your hand, your hot little hand, you don't own it you are just renting it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hah this has gotten me banned on 2 websites already, but I just can't stop posting it.

Series 2009: Secret of Her State

Interlocking device
Reference No.: 666
Entry number :4.4.1.22
Registration date :2002-09-01

Large size: i.imgur.com...
edit on 16-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

In the case of Bitcoin someone spent a lot of money setting up derivative investment engines.
So once people can actually short sell the bitcoins.
Usually ends up bringing addition income to the pyramid long term, but it changes the game strategy a little.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dorian Satoshi was on federal payroll when bitcoin was created. He was initially approached for an interview, most people don't know about the FIRST attempt to interview him, only the second. During the initial confrontation, he stated "Im not allowed to discuss that". It was only during the subsequent statements that he played dumb "what's bitcoin?"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The FBI, DEA and friends own a lot of bitcoins after seizing the Silk Road and other dark markets..

It would be not insane to believe they used this to manipulate the crypto market. I do have doubts they are sophisticated enough to pull of such a scheme.
edit on 16-1-2018 by jrod because: Lost not

edit on 16-1-2018 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
First time I heard of bitcoin was on this forum about 8 years ago... Initially I thought that it was great idea, to take away power from cental banks all around the world and tptb consequently. But than I thought:" No way they are going to allow it, FED'S and CIA are going to crash it, so I dropped the idea after careful consideration. Initially I was thinking of buying 10.000$ worth of bitcoin.... I don't have to tell you how much would it worth today. Back than bitcoin was 5c, so I could've bought 200.000 bitcoins... Till this day I cannot forgive myself for not buying it. For those that I feared that would crushed it, have actually created it. They knew that dollar is doomed in the long run so they created alternitive that would eventually destroy it themselves. Ingenious...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

They've been planning cryptos since the mid 80s.

HOW TO MAKE A MINT: THE CRYPTOGRAPHY OF ANONYMOUS ELECTRONIC CASH

Laurie Law, Susan Sabett, Jerry Solinas

National Security Agency Office of Information Security Research and Technology

Cryptology Division

18 June 1996

groups.csail.mit.edu...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
Chips that also broadcast a unique signal to the internet of things around you, that signal will be your DNA encoded enough to uniquely identify you, your person.

You won't be able to get on your computer, open your house, start your car or make toast without this damn chip in your brain.

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: AdKiller

They've been planning cryptos since the mid 80s.

HOW TO MAKE A MINT: THE CRYPTOGRAPHY OF ANONYMOUS ELECTRONIC CASH

Laurie Law, Susan Sabett, Jerry Solinas

National Security Agency Office of Information Security Research and Technology

Cryptology Division

18 June 1996

groups.csail.mit.edu...

I think you are onto something there,I just hope you are wrong because if you aren't then the Mark of The Beast is not as far off as I had hoped. I hoped I wouldn't see it happen in my lifetime,but if it does I will make the right choice and refuse it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Allaroundyou "Is crypto owned by TPTB"

That depends on which crypto.

As for the original Bitcoin (BTC), answer is NO.

That was the whole purpose of Bitcoin - to have a decentralized currency.

Others can be centralized/controlled.

-----

Allaroundyou: "Maybe crypto was created to be the middle classes way out."

No. Crypto was not created so the middle classes have something to invest in and make money on. It has a much greater purpose.

edit on 16-1-2018 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede
yea thats art of the problem. I think I even did a thread about this very concern late last year. If not, I certainly expressed my concern in more than a handful of threads. In the mean time, no reason can't make a buck in the interim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join