It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost all cryptocurrencies have been seeing massive losses in the past day or two

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: face23785

The database itself no, but if you want to cash in your coins for currency you can use to buy other things yes. That's the chokepoint, that's where they will either impose capital gains taxes or just say no at the flip of a switch whenever they want.

Cryptos are an attempt to decentralize money that requires increasing centralization to function.

IMO they were all created by the money interests anyway to first steal more wealth from people, then get everyone interested in the idea of electronic currency so they could then switch over to fiat digital currencies that are fully controlled, taxed, monitored and counterfeited at will.

You can't get rid of banks without dealing with the banks.

Isn't that just shifting the focus of where The Man can # with it? Sounds like they fooled a lot of people into thinking this was a lot more "independent" than it really was.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gazrok

I still think that $5000 bitcoin prediction is going to come true, and the rest of the market will get pulled down right along with it.

$5-$6000 is your price point.

Then HODL.

$60,000 by years end.

If it goes $60K I will be a very happy camper.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What's an easy way to buy into Ripple?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I knew this was coming. Hopefully this also kills a large chunk of $coins and vaporware. Unfortunately I don't think bitconnect is going down just yet but hope their day will come soon and folks are able to get their money out.

Interesting to watch nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I suppose that red is not the color you want to see, and my cousin's evil...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

I suppose that red is not the color you want to see, and my cousin's evil...

Of course green is better, but expecting the market to never experience a loss is unrealistic. Even a novice investor knows there will be market fluctuations. 10 points on the DOW is essentially meaningless, whether it's a gain or a loss. It doesn't indicate anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well it can be an alternative say if the debt bubble explodes and fiat is rendered useless. Then people have an alternative. But valuing coins in terms of dollars is a fools errand until it's being used directly in the economy.

But they all require power and a functioning internet. Governments can control both of those, so I debate whether they are truly de-centralized or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Both Stellar and Ripple have lost almost half of their value.

edit on 16-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The market is not a facet of my interests. Though I do watch the numbers. Purely amateur.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

This video will get you into this bloodbath.

I bought Ripple @ .21. And If we approach that # I will be buying many many more. I think Ripple is going to be the next main money mover in the world wide banking systems. Could be wrong, I do not have a huge amount of money in the crypto world, less than 1% of my over all investments. If we do drop to under .50cents, I will expand this by another 1/2% of my over all investments.
Only put in what you can loose without crying in your beer.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I am getting heavy into XRP I am praying it goes back down to .22 a day and SHHHHHHHH

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ripple tip topped out @ $3.90, that is approaching 75% drop, and that does leave a mark.

edit on 16-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

(don't forget stellar lumens)

Edit: Ripple @ .94 cents Oops .90

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yep.

It's trading on Binance for .82c.

It's being stubborn at those levels right now. I'm expecting to see it down to .75c really soon. If it doesn't bounce back from there expect to see .25c. If that happens it will tell us just how manipulated and hyped the market really was. This sucks, but I can't help but be optimistic. Not just for the buying options, but for the massive culling of #coins going on right now. The big coins like Ripple might be losing value in this downturn, but they will still be here when it's over.

When I found out how well capitalized Dogecoin and other garbage was I knew a culling was right around the corner. Look at the overall market cap. That's evidence that #coins are disappearing.
edit on 16 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Crytpocurrency chainsaw massacre in 4k 3d.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Straight up.

I bought TRX,ADA,VIBE,VEN at inflated prices.

I was screwed no matter.

Couple of weeks, and if Binance is still around.

I'll get back in at lower prices.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

This will make most buns grab the seat cushion.

But I have holdings in Ripple-cardano-Verge-digitalnotes-Litecoin-And reddcoin. Verge and litecoin are the only ones I have lost $$ on so far.....(especially Litecoin)

The night is young and the Koreans are just waking up. Let's turn this into a way to buy one of the only currencies that is in use and I am certain will be a big player in the banking system and will be very very successful.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: face23785

This video will get you into this bloodbath.

I bought Ripple @ .21. And If we approach that # I will be buying many many more. I think Ripple is going to be the next main money mover in the world wide banking systems. Could be wrong, I do not have a huge amount of money in the crypto world, less than 1% of my over all investments. If we do drop to under .50cents, I will expand this by another 1/2% of my over all investments.
Only put in what you can loose without crying in your beer.

Thanks. I am pretty cautious with investments like this. I basically look at it the same as money I want to play poker with. Only done with money I can afford to lose.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Well it can be an alternative say if the debt bubble explodes and fiat is rendered useless. Then people have an alternative. But valuing coins in terms of dollars is a fools errand until it's being used directly in the economy.

But they all require power and a functioning internet. Governments can control both of those, so I debate whether they are truly de-centralized or not.

They're not. And honestly if there was a really bad economic collapse, with the current state of US crime, guns and bullets are gonna be more valuable than coins, whether they're made out of gold or bits. ETA: Add food, water, shelter, and medicine.

edit on 16 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That exchange isn't accepting new accounts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join