It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost all cryptocurrencies have been seeing massive losses in the past day or two

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

North Korea is very good at high frequency trading, makes the biblical story of feeding the multitude pale in comparison.

www.xe.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Almost the perfect day to buy anything if you feel like a punt long term... if you have the balls to lose it all if things go wrong. People need to hold it out to keep the whales from feeding but that’s easier said than done this week. Tronix is hovering around 0.045p/$0.07 for a good get in, Ethereum and Ripple are slipping and BTC still slides back keeping everything down from on top. It’s a fivefold attack: potential state regulation (or the intention of it), bottlenecked exchanges, big banks, whale investors and a healthy dose of fear from newcomers. Phew it’s crazy.

But it will rise.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Aren't these crypto currencies just a big pyramid scheme anyway?

After over 8 years, and posting hundreds and thousands in profit? Sure, if you like to think so.

Blockchains are physically unsustainable as each transaction adds to the blockchain which, in turn, requires more and more electricity and computing power. Currently, the bitcoin blockchain is sitting at ~151gb which is up 50gb from the previous year and will only increase further as more and more people buy into it. Also, bitcoin value relies on people believing that it's valuable and so they buy into it which increases its value. That's a ponzi scheme. Just because it's taking longer for people to get burned by it doesn't make it any less of a scam.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, time will tell.

Almost the perfect day to buy anything if you feel like a punt long term

Will likely keep falling a bit. The trick is timing it just right, but yes, I do plan to buy this week, just WHEN...is the trick.

Every time I look at it today, it's lower, so....

edit on 16-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
New one for you all.

HODL.

Hold on for dear life.

After weeks of FOMO.

Fear of missing out.

That's created nothing but FUD.

Fear of Uncertainty and doubt.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
1/16/2018 @ 4:30

Market ......................

DOW
25,792.86 ▼

S&P 500 Index
2,776.44 ▼

EUR/USD
1.2263 ▼

Crude Oil
63.84 ▼

Profit taking? or a prelude to something more disturbing ? I have a cousin, who bought a bunch of futures on lumber hoping to cash in on California fires damage.
edit on 16-1-2018 by Plotus because: heartless

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

New one for you all.

HODL.

Hold on for dear life.

Funny story on the origin of that one....started off as a misspell for HOLD, and then someone assigned words for the misspelled anagram, LOL....

So, crappy day for investments all around, eh?

I blame Trump! That's still the it thing, right?

Seriously though...crappy start to the week...but maybe we can shine this turd....

On a plus, I found a standing freezer for $125 to replace the one that crapped out on me over the weekend! (I had only paid $65 for that one about 5 years ago, so got my money's worth out of it...)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Market Cap: $510,181,816,197

coinmarketcap.com...

Down 300 billion dollars

I should have liquidated and bought the video card

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Really down almost 400bn.

CMC thinks the Koreans live on Planet Korea so they aren't included.

40% market drop in a week. That tells me that so much of this has been pump and dump money.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Holy crap, Ethereum is now under 1000.

Ripple is pretty much about a buck

Bitcoin is 10,684

Litecoin is 167

And Bitcoin Cash is 1700

I didn't expect it to be at my previous guessed buy points until tomorrow....so still may want to wait till tomorrow....LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Maybe it was created to give people heart attacks and create work for doctors.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Yeah, I bet, you hodling? Thanks for the tip. Oh okay, yeah, I heard about China and South Korea talking about regulating crypto.

Wasn't one of the "pros" of cryptos that The Man (government) can't do anything about them?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

I'm not having one.

I knew what I was getting into.

Fully prepared to lose everything.

I'm not quite there yet.

Even still this is two days out of a longer time frame.

If todays story will be the years story?

No one knows.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

40% market drop in a week. That tells me that so much of this has been pump and dump money.

Yep. And most of this since last night really. Have to admit though, kind of exciting. I mean, as long as I don't play with too much of an amount to lose.

Really hope I can time the buy point right this time... May not sleep so much tonight, for fear of waking up tomorrow to just the opposite, with all ABOVE my buy point, lol...(but doubt that)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
1/16/2018 @ 4:30

Market ......................

DOW
25,792.86 ▼

S&P 500 Index
2,776.44 ▼

EUR/USD
1.2263 ▼

Crude Oil
63.84 ▼

Profit taking? or a prelude to something more disturbing ? I have a cousin, who bought a bunch of futures on lumber hoping to cash in on California fires damage.

The changes you just posted are statistically flat. The biggest drop was by crude, and it was less than 1%.

What was the point you were trying to make there?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I predict ripple at 75 cents before this drop is over.

Its the last serious support line before the pump and dumpers showed up.

If there's no support at that level then it's back to the 25-30 cent valuation.

I'm going to buy a #load of XRP whether it finds support at 75c or 25c

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The database itself no, but if you want to cash in your coins for currency you can use to buy other things yes. That's the chokepoint, that's where they will either impose capital gains taxes or just say no at the flip of a switch whenever they want.

Cryptos are an attempt to decentralize money that requires increasing centralization to function.

IMO they were all created by the money interests anyway to first steal more wealth from people, then get everyone interested in the idea of electronic currency so they could then switch over to fiat digital currencies that are fully controlled, taxed, monitored and counterfeited at will.

You can't get rid of banks without dealing with the banks.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I still think that $5000 bitcoin prediction is going to come true, and the rest of the market will get pulled down right along with it.

$5-$6000 is your price point.

Then HODL.

$60,000 by years end.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

This is not new.
Crypto is a fast moving groin kicking stomach churning venture. But with great products like Ripple I think we will rise again.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm going to buy a #load of XRP whether it finds support at 75c or 25c

Yep, my buy point for it is basically around the same (though a little higher). I really have a good feeling about that one over the long term haul.

Mostly, just going to keep an eye on them, and look for when they start going back up, knowing they may do that and then down again just after. Just with certain numbers in mind for each.

I still think that $5000 bitcoin prediction is going to come true, and the rest of the market will get pulled down right along with it

You may be right on that. My buy point for that is a little bit higher than 5000, but not much (other than buying it to then buy other currencies.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join