It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe Women Should Cover Up More!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Also contrary to your idea the Spartans made their women wear nothing and the children nothing when carrying out their duties and exercising to leave nothing to the imagination and this worked in their society , people didnt fornicate freely , they were reserved , because the naked image was not forbidden or a sin

This was written by Bertrand Russell in a complete history of western philosophy

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am saying that we live in a world that sells one thing and delivers something else. I am saying that we live in a world that young people are not safe to walk around half naked, underwear less, presenting a, "desire me" personification. All the #MeToos in the world is not going to undo the trauma that earned them the MeToo badge of comradeship.

We live in a world bereft of ethical guidelines. The hypersexualization of the female form;

Rationalization may go something like this:

"These cultural symbols of our pinnacle of earning capacity and charmed life must be successful therefore I will aspire to be like them"

or even financial

"These leaders of Industry get away with stealing millions using the best lawyers - therefore its all right for me to steal if I can get away with it."

Thank you for writing this and your relentless work in the abuse industry you are in.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Immediately this biblical quote comes to mind: "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

There is no mention here of a woman being covered or not, so the responsibility of control lies with the one who is lookething.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I am not saying that its a womens fault that a man commits a heinous act.

But you did say that.

you said its partially the woman's fault when you said this in your OP

I am not putting all the blame on the female.

Now unless you want turn this around, you have a chance to look more human and less animal by saying this was a simple typo and you meant to say "any" of the blame instead of "all" the blame.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Yes, one can addicted to sex but having dependency to a drug and being a sex addict is no comparison on a deeper level.

Its all about the dopamine
Partly true - withdrawal symptoms of heroin are worse however than abstinence from sex.

www.blvdcenters.org...

SEX & HEROIN
We know that both sex and heroin flood the brain with high levels of dopamine. Perhaps not coincidentally, both sex and heroin excite the same region of the brain, a structure called the ventral tegmental area (VTA). This is the area that controls the release of dopamine. This explains why heroin addicts can experience orgasmic-like pleasure as a result of their drug use; it also explains why heroin addicts have suppressed sex drives.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thank you for writing this and your relentless work in the abuse industry you are in.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Believe me when I say that I would give anything to have the need for my job to go extinct.

I love my job because the police are not bad guys but their focus is on getting the bad guy. That sometimes leaves the victim without an advocate or feeling victimized all over again. I am a member of an awesome team of professionals. My advocate is the foundation and the glue that holds our team together. They also open a door that allows the police to do what they need to do to stop and catch a perpetrator and allows me to provide for the victims and collect evidentiary evidence. I just hate that there is a need for the work I do, and that I am called so often to provide it.
edit on 16-1-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Also contrary to your idea the Spartans made their women wear nothing

Women from Sparta were Spartans so this doesn't even make sense. The females wore the Dorian pelpos

wiki
"Because we are also the only ones who give birth to men." Spartan women were famous in ancient Greece for having more freedom than elsewhere in the Greek world. To contemporaries outside of Sparta, Spartan women had a reputation for promiscuity and controlling their husbands.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege

Why I Believe Women Should Cover Up More!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

and if he actually acts on those thoughts; I am not putting all the blame on the female.

how kind of you.
if youre worried about your thoughts around women in bikinis, dont go to the beach, how simple is that?

In Tunisia, the men are not allowed to be in the beach with the women. Maybe you want us to go that way ?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I seriously can not believe how many peasants have agreed with your silly OP.
Seriously,

Life is too short, and sleeves and skirts should be too.
Oops, did i say silly?

I meant bloody stupid.
edit on 16/1/2018 by scubagravy because: emphasism

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Ok so Bertrand Russell is lying then ? its in his book a complete history of western philosophy look it up if you dont believe me

You also didnt quote my whole statement, that during exercise and most activities and sports that required alot of movement they wore no clothes

just because they had a reputation for being promiscuous and controlling doesnt mean they didnt do it !

I mean dont take my word for it , look it up

it was a common practice in Greece and Sparta that people exercising would do so naked to show of their bodies , and they'd often oil them up too!

Just a wee bit of info , but look it up in Bertrand Russells book , instead of only quoting part of my statement intentionally to back up your point!

Gymnos' means 'naked', and the gymnasium was the place where Greek athletes trained, more or less naked. They did often wearing a kynodesme, a thin leather thong that pulled the penis upward – it was tied in a bow and fastened around the waist. Trainers could get the attention of their athletes by giving their leashes a quick yank. The kynodesme was not exclusively used by athletes, but they are the group most often seen wearing the item on vases and statues. People taking part in the komos, a ritualistic drunken procession, also wore the thong. It is not known why exercising in the nude began but it is believed that the custom started in Sparta, probably so the male body could be admired in all its beauty. This is why athletes covered themselves in oil too – this was a very expensive practice and needed public and private subsidies to pay for it. The Greeks loved to show off their bodies and all-over tans and contrast them with pale, flabby foreigners. So technically, the correct thing to wear in a gym is 'nothing'. Although we don't recommend you try it at your local. Other words with the same root include Gymnosperm, which means a plant with naked seeds (such as the pine, hemlock fir, etc.). To gymnologise, on the other hand, means to debate whilst naked.

edit on 17-1-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
A wife who covers her hair is a good wife. Its like an extra sexual organ like boobs.

I don't know how it works, but if you only let one person see it.. BOING!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

I think this whole covering up thing is just a backlash to our natural instinct to procreate
because carnal lust is somehow unholy and drives us away from love of god
and out of our pagan ways

we wouldnt #ing be here if it werent for that primal desire and we wouldnt have been around long enough to think of god and his holy message if it werent for us breeding like rabbits

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Okay I think you've watched enough televangelists for today Flanders.

Dressing provocatively is not restricted to humans, look at peacocks and birds of paradise, they flaunt it so they can find a mate, but if you tell them to cover up then they won't find a mate and then BANG! they are on the endangered species list.

And then you have bikinis, what do many mammals do when the temperature rises? shed their winter coat! I can walk around town without a shirt on and no one cares, women can walk around town wearing a bikini top and no one cares, because it's flipping hot!

As for this...

So, if 85% of the male population thinks with his genitals first and his brain second, and you put this male population around gorgeous females with breasts and butts showing like its cool, no wonder there is so much sexual assault and harassing in our society!

Well I think you just annoyed the-with your unsubstantiated claim-the 85% of the male population. Most men who see a woman dressed seductively will think 'wow she looks good' not 'OH MY GOD I'M GONNA WEINSTEIN HER THE MOMENT NO ONE IS WATCHING!'

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to look at naked women on the internet because healthy biological impulses are not sins.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Its all about the dopamine Partly true - withdrawal symptoms of heroin are worse however than abstinence from sex.

Exactly, you can compare addiction how it chemically effects the brain but on deeper levels where a living person is involved compared to a substance is sort of ludicrous to my thinking basically because to try and compare raping a women based on her dress to using heroin because its everywhere speaks volumes about the lack of control one has, its almost inhumane that lack of control, it is inhumane if one cannot control themselves because of what women wear at the beach.

The point I trying to get across, those thoughts one has about a women when they see her in a bikini can be managed via many different mental and psychological techniques and eventually a person can change how they think which in turn changes how they interact with world around them. in a case like this it would be beneficial for person to have more control over their thoughts if they believe that passage from the bible that the OP mentioned.

One suggestion I have for OP

Go to the beach

When you see a attractive women that gives you those thoughts mentally acknowledge them and then approach the women and be honest, tell her she is very attractive, speak to her, if you can, explain why have approached her and what promoted you top complement her like you did.

You want to get rid of thoughts and see females for people they are not for the bodies they possess like you said, then I truly believe your best approach is to attack the issue you have head on like I suggested.

Yes, you may stumble your words as a beautiful woman can be very intimidating,

Its highly likely you will be misinterpreted by some and maybe get a slap on the face if the words don't come out right.

One good way to change how you think is to change how you act.

All it takes is one instance of you doing something outside of your comfort zone and succeeding to change your life and thoughts.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

at the same time humans cant beat them selves up for being attracted to the human body , its a part of our very nature and our programming, its perfectly natural to feel something when you see a naked form or you are turned on by a neckline or side boob
or whatever that does it for you !

and to diminish or even ignore or belittle those natural instincts is to do away with what makes us who we are !

I completely agree with you , its fine to think thoughts about women or men in a sexual nature , just as long as those thoughts dont transpire into actions which could potentially cause harm or offense.

You can train your brain easily to deal with such things as you have pointed out.

I dont think shutting yourself off from these state of mind is a good idea though , addressing them and undertsanding they are a part of who you are as a person is what I think is the best practice

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Just kill off humanity now! Sexual interest in built in to our DNA for both sexes. Defeat sexual interest and we defeat the human race and it's longevity. This is not a perv thing, it's a continuation of the species thing. Go ahead kill humanity off and the cockroaches will take over. They already can withstand nuclear war far better than we can.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You can look at a scantily clad woman without lusting after her. Let say I am at the beach and I see a woman in a small bikini. I would look at her and admire her form, her curves. I would not be thinking how good she is in the bed. It would never cross my mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just leaving these here !

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ok ill bite.

if rape is caused by men having no control when they see women skin then please explain women being raped who are nuns who wear burkas and girls in Magdalene laundries or orphanages run by priests and nuns, all women who were what is classed as modest cloths and id go as far to say clothes that neutralize the shape of a woman.
how are these women to blame for causing lust

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join