It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe Women Should Cover Up More!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

"City of Embers" comes to mind.

When the world ended, a group of elite scientists and engineers determined that the only way to save their way of life was to build an underground city far below the decimated surface. Deciding upon a lifespan of 200 years for their city, the key to salvation was locked away in a metal box to be handed down from one mayor to the next until the time was right. But somewhere along the way the box was forgotten… Years and years have passed and the once mighty City of Ember steadily falters as corrupt officials dictate an antiquated way of life and the massive generator that powers the city frequently fails.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

How about men stop being rapists and @ssholes and control their urges. And we just treat women like human beings.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

And that speaks to the sickness in our culture.

Most of today's women likely look down on Audrey Hepburn too. More's the pity.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

A quick couple..

I think if You did more research on "sexual assaults" You'd find many of the offenders were victims of abuse and continue the cycle. "The abused becomes the abuser".

So "Society" has to be like religion™, like that Bible™ You cited and have the feminine principles removed? How many females were present when "The Quorum™" got together to see what went into that Bible™?

While We're typing about 'organized religion™ You do realize those Muslims™ You made mention of, are exactly like You, they just got lied to in a language other than English. But seeing that You see a 'difference', Abraham must have Himself a 'woody' over the in-fighting...

I might get a boner so throw on a jacket a scarf and that knit hat...

Stay Hydrated...

*** QUESTION FOR EXTRA CREDIT ***

Who is more 'moral' a guy who goes to Church™ every Sunday and His wife sings in the choir but He is having an extra-marital affair or a guy who goes to 'Swingers Clubs' with His Wife but just watches?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I wonder why rape occurs in countries where the burka is routinely worn?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Dear Men Who Cannot Control Their Own Thoughts and Actions:

I wear what I want so learn to control your "thoughts" because if you try to act on them first I'm gonna stomp your "unnamed genitalia" in the dirt and then if there's anything left of you my husband will finish up where I leave off!

Or better yet- if you can't control your thoughts maybe you should stay at home or if you must go out keep your eyes aimed at the sidewalk so you wont be "tempted".

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I think bakeries should stop making such delicious looking donuts, you know because gluttony is a sin, and they are just making it oh so hard for everyone to keep the straight and narrow.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You clearly have God and religion confused.

God is NOT religious, nor is He the one behind religion.

What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion
I mean if religion is so great, why has it started so many wars
Why does it build huge churches, but fails to feed the poor
Tells single moms God doesn't love them if they've ever had a divorce
But in the Old Testament, God actually calls religious people whores

They can't fix their problems, and so they just mask it
Not realizing religions like spraying perfume on a casket
See the problem with religion, is it never gets to the core
It's just behavior modification, like a long list of chores

How Jesus and religion are on opposite spectrums
See one's the work of God, but one's a man made invention
See one is the cure, but the other's the infection
See because religion says do, Jesus says done

Religion says slave, Jesus says son
Religion puts you in bondage, while Jesus sets you free
Religion makes you blind, but Jesus makes you see
And that's why religion and Jesus are two different clans

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hence why I typed "organized religion™".

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Women are more than the sum of their ummm parts.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The op mentions women but what about men in bathing tards. Shame! It's ok though, it's just 'fashion'.

www.theloop.ca...
edit on 15-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Well, I guess it depend on what one describes as class.

Our celebrity leaders have gone a long way to show us the way.

Classy? Not by this old lady's standards, but I realize that the only one that my opinion matters to is me.

www.thefashionspot.com...#/slide/7

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
Now females, you are not making it any easier for us by wearing such provocative clothing!

What exactly are they making difficult for you? If you're feeling some sort of psychological difficulty from seeing women in "provocative" clothing, then you might need to get professional help.

But, let me give you an analogy; if you place a heroin addict in an environment that flaunts heroin like its the cool thing, and even stick it in front of his face, and he finally caves in and uses, is it 100% his fault

Yes.

Well, females, unfortunately many males can be likened to heroin addicts when it comes to sex! Many males (about 85%) are sex fiends of varying degree. Only a small amount of males can say that they can look at an attractive women and not think about sex, and see her for the amazing human that she is. 

This is total bullsh*t. I think it's clear by now that you have some kind of mental health sexual issue.

So, if 85% of the male population thinks with his genitals first and his brain second, and you put this male population around gorgeous females with breasts and butts showing like its cool, no wonder there is so much sexual assault and harassing in our society!

I guess that's why there are massive amounts of sexual assault in Islamic countries where women are forced to cover themselves, or against children who aren't dressing "provocatively".

To make matters worse, we are dressing our 12 year old daughters in bikini's; you don't know what sick perverted individual maybe be checking her out. 

I'm pretty sure I have an idea.

we must transmute those lustful thoughts and start looking at females as if they were our daughters and mothers.

No thanks, I'll just go on seeing them as individual people instead of putting them on some kind of strange pedestal.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Aside from the tons o' wrong thinking in the OP, much of it already addressed, I wonder at "dirty" thoughts? Who says sexual thoughts are "dirty?" Maybe thoughts of assault could be termed "dirty," but aesthetic appreciation and dreams of erotic mutual contact? Hardly "dirty."

And one thing about being human is we can overcome our biology and not act on instinct... right?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ahhh so, I stand corrected...

Or 'belay my last' as those at sea would say.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I agree those 'pasties" are so déclassé! Yuck.

But the bikini is here to stay, as well it should be. imo.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Rapist most often know the person they are assaulting. Power comes into play in that act, not sex. I think the topic boils down to immigration in European countries that are said to have more rape now. Though, I believe Sweden already had an issue with rape before the current immigration.

In particular, do you have statistics on the following of how women dress now with how many rapes are happening and if they are happening due to the result of how women are dressing?

So, if 85% of the male population thinks with his genitals first and his brain second, and you put this male population around gorgeous females with breasts and butts showing like its cool, no wonder there is so much sexual assault and harassing in our society! It's those dark, lustful, perverted thoughts materializing.To top it off, when the half naked female does get approached by a degenerate, she looks at him like he has three heads, but she's partly responsible for his degenerateness
op
Not to say it doesn't or can't happen. Friends and I in the past, riding on a bus stopped a pervert from attacking young teen girls-sadly seems like a parent issue of not watching their children properly but knowing the neighborhood those girls were lucky if their parents didn't encourage sex in exchange for drugs.

How about education on both sides, I believe the European countries with heavy immigration are encouraging educating both males and females.
edit on 15-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: past*

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've always placed women up on a pedestal.

it's easier to look up their dresses that way

Was there a poll on the pedestal?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And that speaks to the sickness in our culture.

Most of today's women likely look down on Audrey Hepburn too. More's the pity.

Have struggled with what to say. I always loved Audrey Hepburn and her classic style. Course I am the older generation.

Some of the provocation does come from females and that would be behaviour.

I recall a women trying to convince a group of us that men always hit on you and looking at me and saying you know that's right. I was shaking my head 'no'. I was prettier than her and I never got Heavy hit on. But I never gave anyone the impression that was okay. I was always treated with respect. The most provocative I ever was to show a little cleavage.

I agree Hollywood and the clothing industry plays a big part in this culture. At the same time you have to look at cultures that condemn burka covered females for their rape.

Don't think there is one answer.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

So for woman it comes down to this:

dress as you please and risk rape born of lust

or

dress as others please and risk rape born of power.

Either way - you are risking rape. And this discussion is mute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join