It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe Women Should Cover Up More!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Maybe you should control yourself instead of trying to control what women wear.

I'm a sucker for scantily clad women. I don't feel ashamed about it and wholly encourage the continuation of such a practice. But I respect myself and them enough to accept it for what it is. It isn't about me and they aren't putting on a show for me.

Seriously, the notion that women should modify their behavior to appease your weakness is pathetic.

You want that crap move to a Muslim country where there are plenty of insecure men for you to relate to.
edit on 15 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

lol, you've been owned dude...

People like to talk sh!t about how its us 'so called' white males with a little cash to spare who have this game on lock down... but its so far from the truth its ridiculous.

In reality, its those cute little females who look mind blowingly awesome in a bikini that run things.

They say jump, we say how high... whatta ya gonna do?

edit on 15-1-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am a southern gentleman and not a dirty old man. If anything, I would put women on a pedestal and to hell with equal rights. A goddess has no need for rights. May her will be done.

OP, I have to go the other way. I think women should ware as little as they are happy with. There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the female human form.

About 15 years ago I was going on a scuba trip into the heart of the Yucatan. We meet up at the dive shop, on the beach north of Playa del Carman at sun up. There was a young lady doing her morning yoga on the beach in the nude, with the rising sun as a background. She was more beautiful than anything I have ever seen hanging in the Louvre in Paris. We didn't speak, nor do I know her name, but I will never forget her. It was magical art beyond compare.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I guess my opinion is that I'm able to be around women in bikinis without fearing for my eternal soul. Since I don't care much about the Bible, I don't take much stock in the idea that I've committed adultery just because I do happen to gaze at a good-looking woman every once in a while, and I certainly don't think I'll go to hell for it.

Now let's take flirting (not sexual assault) to look at the other side of the coin. Would I be more likely to flirt with a hot girl in a bikini than someone in a burka? I honestly don't know, it depends on the situation, as I am attracted to other things like intelligence, and I don't tend to flirt with strangers on the beach too often, or even go to beaches. But I would say that I think the hot girl in the bikini might have a higher chance of "overloading" my brain and influencing me to flirt with her, which would probably manifest itself in a conversation.

Let's take a parade of topless women demonstrating something or other in a large group. Would I be more likely to go interact with them and see what they were demonstrating about than a bunch of normal demonstrators? I think so. So the O.P. does have a shred of truth.
edit on 15pmMon, 15 Jan 2018 16:14:14 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuestionsAboutReligion
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Wow, your OP reminds me of a video I literally saw an hour ago on YT, very interesting debate and more or less on topic:

Reminds me of

edit on 15-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Actually, i do believe men shouldn't walk around shirtless neither. Its quite primitive in my opinion.

But its still different; a women doesn't lust for a mans physical features like men do women. Women are attracted to other things than looks, like status in society, among other things.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Not touching this thread with a burka.

No sirrie.

I'll 2nd that.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
so, what do you propose women wear to the beaches? or is segregated beaches the answer???

I grew up in the 70's, on of my neighbor was an older girl who attended the catholic school. one overly hot day we were all playing baseball and many of the boys, many older teens had already taken their shirts off. well this girl, a fully developed teenager, did the same to our surprise. they all started telling her how she should put her shirt back on, and yet she refused. as far as she was concerned, if it was okay for the boys, it should also be okay for the girls...
maybe we should make an equal standard for all...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, I'm obviously not going to agree with any biblical baloney here, but I do agree with the "Put some f#ing clothes on" notion. I hate how women dress today, full-on Trouble at Every Turn. That is to say, All Sexy, All Deliberate Provocation.

It's almost a conspiracy to create a ruckus over the reactions to the way they present themselves, by way of lighting the fire themselves in the first place. Then screaming & crying about it when someone looks or comments. WTF did you think someone was going to do with your milk jugs hanging out all over the place? Even I'm going to sarcastically say "Nice rack" and push that luck. If you're not out for the reactions, don't hang 'em out there. Same for the propensity to "wink" from the nethers despite the thong when you bend over in that mini skirt. "Nice clam." Yes, I'm going there. Because if you can be that dense, I can point it out.
Trash is as trash dresses, as the saying goes. I dress as I wish to present myself as a woman, which is not "WHO WANTS TO BANG THIS??"

Yes,you are free to dress as you please. I and everyone else is also free to point out your hypocrisy of "LOOK! But don't look, or I'll bitch big-time."
edit on 1/15/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
New York City in the summer will burn your eyes out!

If God did not want us to copulate all the time She would not have made women so damn beautiful!

edit on 15-1-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Religious nuts they're everywhere!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

But its still different; a women doesn't lust for a mans physical features like men do women. Women are attracted to other things than looks, like status in society, among other things.

Really?

You've not spent much time around women. Have you? I definitely notice how men look physically and always have. BEEFCAKE!

**EDIT**

As far as women dressing more modestly ... I do agree things have gotten a bit too sexualized. There are far too many swimsuits that aren't really practical for swimming, only wearing as little as possible without being completely naked.

I think society's problems lie less in what we wear then they do in our sexualized context for everything, including our clothing.
edit on 15-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Ahem ...

I was saying "sexualized context for everything" ...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

hope those nuns don't put themselves in a position where they actually have to swim, the weight of their clothing might sink them!

www.ebay.com...:g:zHUAAOSw6NhZu x4b

ya, that's what we need to bring back, nice woolen non-provative swimsuits...

and for you men....

images.esellerpro.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

But just look how happy those nuns are?

Don't you want to be happy like them?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

As far as women dressing more modestly ... I do agree things have gotten a bit too sexualized. There are far too many swimsuits that aren't really practical for swimming, only wearing as little as possible without being completely naked.

I think society's problems lie less in what we wear then they do in our sexualized context for everything, including our clothing.

I absolutely agree in that things such as simple swimsuits have essentially become Outdoor Underwear. And it's not just adult styles, either. Anyone with a teenage daughter these days knows how incrementally more difficult it's getting to find them appropriate swimwear without giving up & resorting to looking like underage strippers waiting for their pole turn.
My oldest is 10 and I had a rough time of it last summer finding a 2 piece that covered enough skin. I'm not opposed to bikinis, they made a bathroom trip much easier with kids. Tankinis are where it's at for trunk coverage, no bones about it. However, the bottoms could have certainly been cut better, these show far more cheek than any of mine ever did at that age. It would be great if more 2-piece kid suits were sold individually, I'd strongly prefer it to make sure I can pair the most coverage-giving pieces.

However, I do disagree with you in that what you wear is a source of issues. It's a branch of preening, which at it's most basic level, is all about scoring that mate. It's sexual by default, so we do need to realize this and be more conscious of what signals we're sending out with attire. It's a language, and we're speaking it without understanding a damn thing we're saying anymore. Some do understand what we're saying, and since many do not, it causes BIG problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, there is looking good and looking like a streetwalker. The former is all about strutting your stuff and being classy. The latter is about advertising if you know what I mean.

The whole slutwalk movement is about people who want to advertise without anyone trying to buy.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, there is looking good and looking like a streetwalker. The former is all about strutting your stuff and being classy. The latter is about advertising if you know what I mean.

The whole slutwalk movement is about people who want to advertise without anyone trying to buy.

Which is never going to work, because as you said, there is a clear distinction between Class and Streetwalker. To exude class, you have to fully understand the signals you send out, and correct accordingly for it. Today's women are no Audrey Hepburn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join