It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Soldier's Winter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi Astheru

I saw your post and remembered seeing that exact poem years ago on some websites, and now they are on pinrest websites

www.pinterest.ca...

www.pinterest.ca...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM link
IMPORTANT UPDATE.......In February of 2001 someone asked John Titor the question, "Do you remember any poetry after 2001 in your past?" He then quoted a few lines of what he could remember from a poem called "A Soldiers Winter". He quoted the following lines:

"The day before it wasn't snowing.

The trees are strangers, leering, disapproving in the ash of winter ..my world, my life, my wandering path.

I pray God's eyes may once again gaze upon me and remind me that I am still His child."

Some people think he was maybe referring to a poem called "A Soldier's Winter" by a man named Larry Cluck, but in fact, he was quoting from another poem called "A Soldiers Winter" that was published on April 6, 2011 by someone named Cicero. John Titor quoted exact lines from this poem. He also said it was written as a letter by a soldier. It was. This poem can be found here: www.familyfriendpoems.com... Here is what it says, directly from the poetry website:

Spiritual Poem about Death
Based on a soldier's letter to his daughter. After the atrocities witnessed at several places Hiroshima, Vietnam, Iraq, it is warning to the future not to allow the current world to continue in it's manner.

A Soldier's Winter
© Cicero

The day before it wasn't snowing.
After amber suns made our Earth now glowing.

The trees are strangers, leering, disapproving
In the ash of winter, are minds are now moving

My world, my life, my wandering path.
It seems not God, but man's own wrath.

I pray God's eyes may us once again,
Gaze upon us at our end.

We will rebuild, we will renew,
From a world of greed and lust that left so few.

Remind me that I am still his child.
And provide us with your mercy mild.

Source: A Soldier's Winter, Spiritual Poems about Death www.familyfriendpoems.com...
Published: 4/6/2011

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
qhat?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Eh??

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OP is saying that Titor qtd this poem in 2001 before it was written, when prompted to remember a poem from his past.

edit on 15-1-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Wheres the 100 icon, cuz you know this gotta be true.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

There we go, now this # is legit.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Lysergic because: codelulz

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Good enough for me!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I had to look up this "John Titor" fella.....

Seems his predictions may end up being accurate after all, albeit a decade or so late... Time will tell

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

There we go, now this # is legit.

It's the face of a very scared individual.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
I had to look up this "John Titor" fella.....

Seems his predictions may end up being accurate after all, albeit a decade or so late... Time will tell

They're not late. It's world line displacement. Or something. He said that this timeline is slightly different to his timeline so his predictions may be a little off.

Clever hoaxer he was !!

How is our worldline different from this one?
For starters, the fact that I'm here makes it different. I've also noticed little things like news events that happen at different times, football games won by other teams, things like that.

I would guess the temporal divergence between this world line and my original is about 1 or 2 percent. Of course, the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ShianneWhitmore

thanks for interesting poem and good luck with ats!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks Everyone for replying. I usually don't join these sites, but I love a good mystery...WHen I saw Astheru's post, I remember hearing an argument about the origin of this poem and someone had mentioned it had been written in 2005 by a guy named Sean Oretto or a guy named Cicero on another website...But the Sean Oretto one had a hand written version dated December 24, 2005...and there were other markings from that same time...It seemed to pre-date Larry Cluck's poem. Didn't Titor say there were many versions of this poem over the years? But the one he had was directly from the original author?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'm new here, just wanna say hi, nice to meet you all

(post by BuddyR1971 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join