It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Troll faces 20 years for inciting terror attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
An American man has been arrested and charged with trying to incite terror attacks in Melbourne.

AN internet troll who posed as an Australian jihadist and attempted to incite terror attacks in Melbourne and the US faces a 20-year prison sentence. Joshua Goldberg, 22, was living at his parents’ Jacksonville, Florida home in 2015 when he posed as Perth-based Islamic State terror group member “Australi Witness” and claimed responsibility for inspiring a deadly terror attack on a controversial Muhammad cartoon drawing competition in Texas.

Goldberg has signed a plea deal statement admitting to attempting to incite an Australian individual to carry out a terror attack. He also took credit for inciting an attack on the Muhammad Art Exhibition in Texas, friends of the accused, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi were killed by police when they stormed the event with weapons drawn.

Goldberg will be sentenced April 11 in Jacksonville.

Troll could face 20yrs for inciting terror attacks

--------

I hope they throw the book at Goldberg. He is no better than the terror recruiters who encourage everyone else into the meat grinder except themselves. He has to be a sick individual to want such a thing as a terror attack killing innocent people to happen. Especially because he wasn't even Muslim and was acting under no false religious believe but instead motivated for #s and gigs. I know young people do stupid things but this is beyond normal behaviour.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Muhammad Art Exhibition

Can anyone remember the lady involved in that.

Nevermind... Pamela Geller

S&F

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi
Good. One thing about Florida is, if you have ever wondered if something or a new concept is illegal yet, we already made it illegal years earlier. Florida is always ahead of the game with ways to throw you in prison. Im not sure if that is good or bad, but Swatting has been a felony for some time. So if this asshat is trying to promote terror, goodbye!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Lets kill them cartoonists!

Death to paper & pencil!!

Your ink blotches will be beheaded!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
...(insert Bart Simpson and the Australian Boot pic here)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How much time does one devote to faking all this to invite attacks? His mother should've kicked him out of the house half a decade ago.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Good. One thing about Florida is, if you have ever wondered if something or a new concept is illegal yet, we already made it illegal years earlier. Florida is always ahead of the game with ways to throw you in prison. Im not sure if that is good or bad, but Swatting has been a felony for some time. So if this asshat is trying to promote terror, goodbye!

It's because Florida is full of elderly people. They walker on down to the voting booth as soon as they get wind of malfeasance from their bingo buddies. Probably the first state to illegalize those damn kids skateboarding on the sidewalks.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
kids? its the idiot adults jumping off sidewalks with their skateboards in the parking lot right into the path of thru traffic that piss me off, and I am only 32! Have to encourage more than a handful of the useless morons to move out of private property for previous employer just due to the liability of the idiots jumping off in front of cars.

"I don't care that that eleveated curb gives you great air, your jumping out in front of moving cars in the parking lot you nimwit!"

I could do what I want becomes ok I will move real quick when they are reminded of my own rights on this privately owned business property to remove them before I have to get them trespassed.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is really stupid.

America is a terrorist organization for the most part, as are most governments and they sponsor terror around the world/incite it on a regular basis.

What did this person do again? Made some posts saying to people go do something bad?

Lmao - You are all snow flakes..

The bad poster said something, must go do! lol

You are all sad.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
An American man has been arrested and charged with trying to incite terror attacks in Melbourne.

AN internet troll who posed as an Australian jihadist and attempted to incite terror attacks in Melbourne and the US faces a 20-year prison sentence. Joshua Goldberg, 22, was living at his parents’ Jacksonville, Florida home in 2015 when he posed as Perth-based Islamic State terror group member “Australi Witness” and claimed responsibility for inspiring a deadly terror attack on a controversial Muhammad cartoon drawing competition in Texas.

Goldberg has signed a plea deal statement admitting to attempting to incite an Australian individual to carry out a terror attack. He also took credit for inciting an attack on the Muhammad Art Exhibition in Texas, friends of the accused, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi were killed by police when they stormed the event with weapons drawn.

Goldberg will be sentenced April 11 in Jacksonville.

Troll could face 20yrs for inciting terror attacks

--------

I hope they throw the book at Goldberg. He is no better than the terror recruiters who encourage everyone else into the meat grinder except themselves. He has to be a sick individual to want such a thing as a terror attack killing innocent people to happen. Especially because he wasn't even Muslim and was acting under no false religious believe but instead motivated for #s and gigs. I know young people do stupid things but this is beyond normal behaviour.

So he financed the two attackers? knew them? Got them here? Etc Etc?

What kind of nonsense world is this.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
22 years old and living in mom`s basement, lol. when I was 22 years old I had a lot better things to do with my time, oh well, one more basement dweller gets to see what the real world is like. of course when he gets out of prison he`ll just go right back down into mom`s basement because he`ll still have no skills and no job and will be a convicted felon so he`ll never be a productive citizen, might as well just execute him now.
edit on 10-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Wonder how long it will take before even making adverse comments on this, or any other site, about someone will be by law, guilty of inciting others to commit acts which by definition are terro attacks.?

Wonder how a short a period of time it will take the US slave states, which includes my country, to pass such laws?

I wonder if they will even be worded the same?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

We're are right behind the U. S when it comes to tyranny from government, recent laws passed allow for a person suspected of terrorism to be held indefinitely.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Good job,lock door,lose the key,the end. Seeyaa loser!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Azureblue

We're are right behind the U. S when it comes to tyranny from government, recent laws passed allow for a person suspected of terrorism to be held indefinitely.

I reckon the order will go out within 5 minutes of being told to do it by the US govt and their either willing or unwilling slave state leaders.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

...troll... posed...

Two completely fabricated narratives.

His intentions were clear.
His associates are/were fully invested.

This does not fit the definition of a “troll” at all.
And “posed” just seems like semantics at best, he fully wanted this sh*t to occur.

Sentence not long enough either.

Rat bastard.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

There were threads about this guy last year. He's way more than just a troll & I suspect that he was actually an independent contractor. Here's one thread that points out that the FBI were supposedly with the terror suspects in Garland, which is one of the attacks that this guy was promoting.

New information: FBI was with the terrorists at the Garland attack.

ETA: And here's another thread about him which goes into more detail.

FBI says 'Australian IS jihadist' is actually a Jewish American troll named Joshua Ryne Goldberg
edit on 10-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: added another link

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I agree. In my first post in the 2nd thread that I just linked, I pointed out the same thing (HERE). The dude was a terrorist, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
This is really stupid.

America is a terrorist organization for the most part, as are most governments and they sponsor terror around the world/incite it on a regular basis.

What did this person do again? Made some posts saying to people go do something bad?

Lmao - You are all snow flakes..

The bad poster said something, must go do! lol

You are all sad.

Even curiouser is how the trail ends with, "Troll" did this.

Who was this guy really trolling for? The FbI tries to get people in the uS to commit terror attacks too. Did the trail of cookie crumbs only lead to his parents basement?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
How much time does one devote to faking all this to invite attacks? His mother should've kicked him out of the house half a decade ago.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

It's because Florida is full of elderly people. They walker on down to the voting booth as soon as they get wind of malfeasance from their bingo buddies. Probably the first state to illegalize those damn kids skateboarding on the sidewalks.

Dont forget their little golf-carts making 5 mph down the city streets

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

for inspiring a deadly terror attack on a controversial Muhammad cartoon drawing competition in Texas

The only deadly part was the police officer and the SWAT TEAM that caused the 2 extremists to go TU and assume ambient temperature .

new topics

top topics

join