It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme
"She is self made, as is Trump."

Trump inherited millions from his Dad and born into wealth. How was he 'self made'?

Trump inherited 25% of his father's $200 million in personal wealth/assets, in 1974. He then invested in properties that other New York City investors were fleeing from. A short time later, Manhattan properties exploded in value.

Successes and failures followed...but as his learning/experience accumulated, failures became rarer and rarer.

Source: www.businessinsider.com...

Both Trump and Oprah are extremely talented, and have been extremely lucky, in their respective professions.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Trump inherited millions from his Dad and born into wealth. How was he 'self made'?

He was given one million by papa. He parlayed that into Billions. He wasn't given the billions. Therefore he made them.

They both made their fortunes. Granted, Oprah stared with nothing. I see those points as far more similar than different between the two. Especially when compared to the usual professional politicians.

Heck, I was complimenting Oprah with that comment. At least until I found out she was a depopulation advocate. Now I couldn't care less about her, her past or any other aspect of her politics.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

He was given one million by papa. He parlayed that into Billions. He wasn't given the billions. Therefore he made them.

They both made their fortunes. Granted, Oprah stared with nothing. I see those points as far more similar than different between the two. Especially when compared to the usual professional politicians.

Heck, I was complimenting Oprah with that comment. At least until I found out she was a depopulation advocate. Now I couldn't care less about her, her past or any other aspect of her politics.

I have not read the thread but thought I would add a little something to the discussion.. I never met Oprah however I did know some guys who flew her on private jets. She was usually with her boyfriend.. Any questions were to be directed to him for she would not talk to the pilots.. "Would you like something to drink ?" She would just stare and her boyfriend would answer for her.. 2d hand information which really surprised me considering her T.V. persona.. There was no reason for the guys to lie...so take it for what it is worth..

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

He vastly increased from the amount given. Into billions. Sure he had a jump start, both financially and educationally.

He made good with both. Oprah started on ground zero, granted.

It was more in the context of comparing both to the traditional politician and I view Trump as successful in improving his lot as I do Oprah. It was intended as a compliment to her...at the time of the post, believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I have not read the thread but thought I would add a little something to the discussion.. I never met Oprah however I did know some guys who flew her on private jets. She was usually with her boyfriend.. Any questions were to be directed to him for she would not talk to the pilots.. "Would you like something to drink ?" She would just stare and her boyfriend would answer for her.. 2d hand information which really surprised me considering her T.V. persona.. There was no reason for the guys to lie...so take it for what it is worth..

Duly noted. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Your friend is correct. People who interacted with Oprah when she had her HARPO recording studio here (Chicago), always remarked that Oprah frequently seemed "troubled" when not on camera, or interacting with the public.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Something I alluded to in one of the other Oprah threads..

Oprah tends to do publicly good deeds, but when it comes down to the reality of the deed, it had been unreasonably planned. For example, when she had decided to give everyone in her audience a free car, or so it seemed in the show. It turned out that every single person in the audience was stuck paying $7,000 of taxes in the expense of the car, regardless if they had that amount of money to spend or not- they were not given much of a choice.

The REAL Oprah: oprahthegreat.weebly.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

It's not all that unusual for celebrities, musicians and other performers to be really self obsessed, must be part of stresses involved in performing.

Anyhow Oprah 2020 let's do this thing, I think she would make a great Celebrity puppet, since politics is all show she is the perfect candidate to beat Trump.

edit on 10-1-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Okrah ?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: carewemust

Oprah Da Pimp ....Hmm.......
Oprabama -no thanks pity the poor billionare she's such a victum.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

She is self made, as is Trump.

Thanks...I didn't know that she had a rich daddy that set her up in business with millions of dollars. Good of you to clarify.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Thanks...I didn't know that she had a rich daddy that set her up in business with millions of dollars. Good of you to clarify.

Point taken...repeatedly.

No comment on the thread? Again, I was complimenting Oprah, in a sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Point taken...repeatedly.
No comment on the thread? Again, I was complimenting Oprah, in a sense.

I think that if the Democrats run Oprah as a Presidential candidate, they will deserve the 4 ensuing years of a Republican White House. And it won't necessarily be Trump. What is required is a leader, and one with political acumen. This ain't the bunny slope.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: nwtrucker

As an outsider, my perspective is that her speech was ok. Nothing more nothing less. However, when compared to many political speeches these days it stands out.

That, to me, is sad. It demonstrates the dearth of political talent out there. I mean everyone is going on about how her speech was magnificent, etc. No, Churchill made magnificent speeches. President Kennedy and his "those that dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly" speech is a truly great speech. There are many examples out there. Not so much in recent years.......

Apologies for the late reply.

I didn't particularly listen to the speech. Seeing most are written by professional writers, I was more focused on the fact she was given the air-time and close-ups to give the speech in the first place.

Another late thought, how's her recent ratings going? At the least, she's back in the forefront in the media. Perhaps her real goal or an overlapping one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join