It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 5G dangerous?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hey guys!

I've been wondering as of late, is there any actual findings / research that shows 5G will actually pose any kind of danger to human life?

I find the subject fascinating but the most info I could find was a study that showed cows acted strange as hell when exposed to 5G. Even that article was hard to correctly source...

I also found a 50/50 forum post from a guy claiming to have tested 5G at a stadium of sorts. He claimed it made him and his team behave strangely.

Thank you in advance!

Riley.
edit on 8-1-2018 by 2FurryMidgets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Does 5g not operate in the wavelengths where broadcast tv used to be?

So if 5g is dangerous, then broadcast television must have been dangerous too?

I await somebody with more knowledge than I...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I was under the same impression!

Calling on those who know their stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Been wondering the same thing.

I've watched a few videos. Both for and against.

I'm skeptical of anything rolled out on a global scheme of which we have no control over.
I have trust issues

Will hopefully hear more from those on here that understand it better. Thank you for asking the question.

a reply to: 2FurryMidgets

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I wasn't able to get a definitive bandwith number for 5G in Australia

Australian TV broadcast

wiki
Over-the-air television channels are divided into two bands: the VHF band which comprises channels 2 through 13 and occupies frequencies between 54 and 216 MHz, and the UHF band, which comprises channels 14 through 83 and occupies frequencies between 470 and 890 MHz.

Yes, possibly an area of great concern.

This is dated 18 Aug 2017

www.abc.net.au...

More research is needed into the potential health effects of new 5G mobile phone technology before it is rolled out in Australia, an international expert says.

The high-speed mobile phone network could be operational in Australia from 2020, offering up to 50 times the bandwidth currently available on 4G networks, allowing users to download the equivalent of three television episodes in a second.

Telstra announced last year it would run a world-first test of the technology for visitors to the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.

International radio frequency expert Professor Dariusz Leszczynski, from the University of Helsinki, told a public lecture at Griffith University in Brisbane on Thursday night there was a concerning lack of understanding about the health effects.

"We know only that this radiation penetrates skin deep," Professor Leszczynski said.

"We don't have the faintest idea how normal-functioning skin will be affected."

Australia's radiation safety government body, the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA), has backed calls to examine whether the country's current radiation safety standards need to be changed for the 5G rollout.

Research published on the agency's website said 5G technology could penetrate skin to a depth of 8 millimetres.

ARPANSA assistant director Dr Ken Karipidis said more research was needed.

"At the frequencies where 5G will be operating, the RF electromagnetic energy does not penetrate much further than the surface of the skin," Dr Karapidis sai

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

first - define what you mean by " 5G "

its not a trick question - " 5G " is a standard of service - NOT a technology

there are multiple ways to impliment a " 5g " level of service

and without knowing how your 5g service is being delivered - its impossible to say if it is safe or not

its like asking if " supersonic travel " is safe

flying on the BA // air france " concorde service " was a 100% safe form of supersonic travel

[ ignore the air france concorde crash - that was a result of airport management and aircraft servicing - no one ever died on the supersonic trips above the atlantic ]

however - being shot out of a canon naked at supersonic muzzel velocity - would be fatal for any human

so - its not what you are doing - its how you are dowing it

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2FurryMidgets
Hey guys!

I've been wondering as of late, is there any actual findings / research that shows 5G will actually pose any kind of danger to human life?

I find the subject fascinating but the most info I could find was a study that showed cows acted strange as hell when exposed to 5G. Even that article was hard to correctly source...

I also found a 50/50 forum post from a guy claiming to have tested 5G at a stadium of sorts. He claimed it made him and his team behave strangely.

Thank you in advance!

Riley.

5G? For more than a minute, you would be dead! You would not be able to breath anymore, the circulation of your blood will be strained / impossible to your head, etc.

Oh. Not g-forces.

Mobile telephony.

Question incomplete, answer aborted..

/scnr

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Hey op new member here hope everyone's doing fine

I believe it is, as 4g effects I notice people act very strange and robotic like, including birds as well especially near "mobile" towers. I personally do not like using 4g mobile it gives me migraines and strong humming sounds. I have slight suspicion on the upgrades of the mobile network as to why the need for it and use for higher mobile network for "faster" speeds. You seem to be on to something OP.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In this news article, I learned that in order to implement 5g, companies would have to install base stations close together, possibly near the frequency of one per every 12 customers. It would significantly increase the number of base stations.

It’s unclear how many smaller base stations would be needed for 5G service. But it’s widely believed that there would need to be exponentially more because of the limited distance the signals can travel. One researcher estimated a station would be needed for every 12 homes in a dense urban area.

The prospect of more transmitters emitting radiofrequency radiation — though at much lower levels than those coming from cell towers — has alarmed people concerned about the effects on humans.

Here is what science has to say:

In 2013, the FCC opened a formal inquiry into whether it needed to reassess its exposure limits. That proceeding remains open, the agency said.

“Scientific evidence always informs FCC rules on this matter,” said spokesman Neil Grace. “We will continue to follow all recommendations from federal health and safety experts including whether the FCC should modify its current policies and RF exposure limits.”

The FDA said it “believes that the weight of scientific evidence does not show an association between exposure to radiofrequency from cellphones and adverse health outcomes.”

But that agency said more research is needed. In 2011, the International Agency for Research on Cancer, which is part of the World Health Organization, classified cellphone radiation as “possibly carcinogenic to humans.” There are 288 other “agents” with that classification, including many chemicals as well as talc-based body powder and traditional Asian pickled vegetables.

LA Times

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ofc it is....
Even miles away, males to can get pregnant...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Does 5g not operate in the wavelengths where broadcast tv used to be?

So if 5g is dangerous, then broadcast television must have been dangerous too?

I await somebody with more knowledge than I...

No, 5G operatess in Giga HZ rangge and TV is in Mega HZ. Radio waves extend up to 300 GHZ and that would include 5GHZ.

www.electronics-notes.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

[...] I find the subject fascinating but the most info I could find was a study that showed cows acted strange as hell when exposed to 5G. Even that article was hard to correctly source...

We have a 5g WiFi router which is connected to the local fiber-optic network, and I can honestly say I've seen nothing that would lead me to believe that it affects behavior.

To be fair, though, I live with my partner and our three kids, so this house has always been a bit of a funny-farm anyway!

(Please excuse the tangled mess, it's one of 'those jobs' that I'll definitely get around to. At some point. lol)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
yep, it's real suspect....5g will be short range and the rains will knock the range down

5g runs in 6g htz and up......and the kinks are known we tryin to work it out.......ideal for wifi is more like 2 gigs and lower.....so I figure 5g is for local coz it won't penetrate at all
edit on 8-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've read and heard yes, it is dangerous. Here's a link :

www.electricsense.com...

Let me give you my best summary of what I've heard repeatedly in podcasts. ( I listen to interviews while hiking) The wavelength is the right size to effect the human body. There's so much detail that can be found in that sentance, but I'm not a fan of writing.

Also... I listen to tons of podcasts, so unless I read persons book I find it impossible to track down which podcast I heard it on. Even then, I've discovered people like Laird Scranton get engrossed in topics and share more during some interviews than others. Please don't be upset that I can't find where I've learned this. I listen to a ton of podcasts even when I think I'm not interested a good speaker makes my exercising go faster.

I believe this information was from a Fade to Black podcast around Halloween .

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's not the best source but some teenagers in Denmark ran some tests on plant growth and found that plant growth is hindered when near a Wi-Fi router.

Wi-fried: do wireless routers really kill plants?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Most of these frequencies they use can have a negative effect on people. I have found no antidote to stop the signals entering the skin and effecting our bodies metabolic and electric signaling. By making sure to keep the skin a little thicker, you can buffer the effect somewhat. Collagan would be something that builds skin and organs a little thicker. So Jello may help to buffer the interaction a bit.

I know there is an effect of all of these signals and that is evident when the signals are removed with some people as their bodies compensate for the signals by altering metabolics and electrical impulses. If the power goes out, people can get weird and impulsive because of the change in electrical frequency for a while if they are acclimated to the frequencies in the environment. This can lead to chaos in the society if the power goes out. By upping signals in the air, we increase this problematic event's chaos.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

Not it doesnt! But they do start using the ladies room, and then they leave the toilet seat up

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Hey guys!

Thank you in advance!

Riley.

5G? For more than a minute, you would be dead! You would not be able to breath anymore, the circulation of your blood will be strained / impossible to your head, etc.

/scnr

That's not really accurate. It really depends on the direction in which the acceleration is pulling relative to your body's orientation. Pulling down along your vertical axis is the most dangerous to humans. In other directions, the endurance becomes longer. For example, pulling along your horizontal axis humans are able to withstand this significantly better, which is one reason humans aren't sitting upright for a rocket launch but are instead positioned horizontally.

The human body is better at surviving g-forces that are perpendicular to the spine. In general when the acceleration is forwards (subject essentially lying on their back, colloquially known as "eyeballs in"). Early experiments showed that untrained humans were able to tolerate a range of accelerations depending on the time of exposure. This ranged from as much as 20 g for less than 10 seconds, to 10 g for 1 minute, and 6 g for 10 minutes for both eyeballs in and out. These forces were endured with cognitive facilities intact, as subjects were able to perform simple physical and communication tasks. The tests were determined to not cause long or short term harm although tolerance was quite subjective, with only the most motivated non-pilots capable of completing tests.

Source: NASA

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We have 5G WiFi at home now, it's awesome! I never really was interested in watching cable TV. However since we have this service I've been impressed with streaming HD and UHD TV and movies and have used digital channels more than ever before.

If binge watching series and movies is dangerous then the answer is definitely, yes!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I know there is an effect of all of these signals and that is evident when the signals are removed with some people as their bodies compensate for the signals by altering metabolics and electrical impulses. If the power goes out, people can get weird and impulsive because of the change in electrical frequency for a while if they are acclimated to the frequencies in the environment. This can lead to chaos in the society if the power goes out. By upping signals in the air, we increase this problematic event's chaos.

With that being said, would the opposite effect happen to a person who is not immune or has less exposure to those type of signals like people in the Bush and would act or be weird when exposed to that type of signals?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join