It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PASSPORT required even for DOMESTIC FLIGHT starting Jan 22, 2018

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
in at least 9 states, passport will be required even for a flight within USA.. apparently cause those sates have not met real-ID requirements of Fed.

plus by 2020, all ID must be chipped. gosh, what's the next deadlne at this rapid rate?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Geez the box is closing in.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Not really.

I live in one of these states and they keep "extending" the deadline out.

In time, all states will be compliant though for sure.
edit on 7-1-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ordo ab chao

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Extra security is an invasion! : Before

Why wasn't more done!? : After

Any questions?
edit on 7-1-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I live in one of those states.

The dislike is over worries of a national database based off the ID.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Not really.

I live in one of these states and they keep "extending" the deadline out.

In time, all states will be compliant though for sure.

I looked at the Pennsylvania DMV.org site.
They say that we are okay until October of 2018.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"Papers please," like Nazi Germany.

link   
You mean nobody will be able to buy or sell a plane ride without 'proper' ID ?

link   
They started pushing this at the DMV but you would just use your 'new updated' DL. You have to spend some extra money on it to get it via your DL but it's all done right there at the DMV.

It also depends on the state. For Louisiana I believe it was 2019. They have a certain date it has to be done by which I don't remember when they had to comply by. It's dumb.... It pisses me off a bit. Looks like I'll boycott and simply drive more. I don't like the squishy discomfort of airlines anyways. They've gone way down hill. I rather just drive.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette If true this is not cool but expected. What would make this thread even better are........LINKS

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
"Papers please," like Nazi Germany.

That's temporary. Soon, there won't be any need for papers at all. You'll get a chip. No one will ask you anything.

Already, wherever I go, I'm immediately recognized, but not by most of the people walking about, "the system" knows where I am at all times.

People don't yet understand we live in a matrix, and each person is known to the matrix already, and where ever they go the matrix is watching, monitoring, and recording.

This whole program of "documenting" the people, is all about getting the masses "used to" the idea that they have no privacy at all.

So, first you'll need passports, then that will be replaced by universal I.D. cards, which will be replaced by "chips", which will be eliminated altogether as DNA detectors will identify each person where ever they go by their DNA records.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I posted about this back in October thread- good find

From TSA themselves: www.tsa.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm surprised the airlines haven't gone belly-up since 9/11 and Homeland feelygrabs, walk-through radiation and skinny scans.
I haven't flown since 1994 and doubt I'll ever get on a plane again. I refuse to go through the "papers please" checkpoints because I know me and I wouldn't keep my mouth shut. I'd be arrested and miss my flight for sure. I wonder if Trump can do anything about this with an executive order?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It might be different here but did you always need to show ID anyway?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
GOOD EXAMPLE OF FAKE NEWS

Those states have not conformed to federal ID requirements which, frankly, are not such a big deal. But if you live in one of the non-conforming states you don't actually need a passport to fly. It's just that a passport qualifies.

1. If you have an "Enhanced" driver's license issued by a non-conforming state, that qualifies.
2. If you are a part of the Global Entry program, that qualifies
3. There are several other programs whose ID's qualify
4. a passport qualifies

So the headline here is just a bit alarmist and misleading, pretty much par for the course for ATS. If you want fake news, come here first.
edit on 1/7/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
if you dont have a proper ID and passport you shouldnt be allowed to fly.. period

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
last year, where I live, they implemented the enhanced license to enter federal buildings or make flights out of this state. when I went to renew my license, I was told I could keep the regular one but starting in January 2018 (which I just realized is this month) I'd have to have the enhanced. which costs $80!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

We do have proper IDs ... in our state.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Passengers would be wise to wear DEPENDS as well. I heard that airplane bathrooms are increasingly being closed for maintenance.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join