It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - A British observer's view

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Thank you Revolution9 for your take. Trump is nothing like what the media portrays him to be. It's ridiculous. Idiot leftists are running around claiming he's going to take "the poor brown people away". How? By stopping illegal immigration? They claim he hates gays, yet he's the only president who has been pro gay before holding office. They say Russia helped him, yet the only help given was from Hillary to Russia!

Of course the man has flaws, but he's no "little handed, orange mad man" like some idiots claim. He's smart, and he knows exactly what he's doing. If anyone has read any of his books, a lot of his moves are a straight play that he's successfully used in previous business deals, which are also obviously working now.

The sad fact is, no matter how good Trump is or what he fixes, some people will never like him. They're Hillarians that hate him because he won the presidency.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yep. I am a Brit. Media is painting him as a total anus, some of it may be true, but he is making a difference.

He's decisive and doesn't seem to be caught up in all the political crap.

Most people I kntow in the uk seem to quite like that.

Obama was just an actor in my mind. Great speeches. No action. All c&@k and no balls.

.a reply to: Aegeus

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Excellent thread!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Must admit no one likes Trump around my parts up north...not one.

I'm from the north, in fact you can't get much further north (England) than me, and I like Trump.

What bugs me the most, a lot of the things the alt-left whinge about (ie putting money in the pockets of the worker), Trump is actually doing something about.

He's like Farage, he tells you how it is and isn't afraid of the elite coming down on him...that being said, the left hate Farage too, and it's always lies about "racist this, racist that" because they don't have a legitimate counter argument.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Nah he hasn't got half of what Farage has.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Farage is definitely more articulate, but the philosophy is pretty much the same

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
As another Brit, watching from the sidelines, it has been obvious from the very start before he even got elected, that they - the establishment, corporate media, deep state controllers - have been out to try and get rid of him at every turn.
As such, they are the sort of people who would gladly bring the country to it's knees just to get rid of someone they don't like, in much the same way we are seeing in the UK over Brexit.

I am no Trump fanboy though. Yes, he is brash, undiplomatic (not always a bad thing) and on certain policies he is no different than the establishment selected candidates before him. Trump, like those before him, has policy formulated and concocted for him by the very deep state players and old faces that have been doing so for decades, so not much change there at all. Certainly on the Israel front, he seems to be deeply in the pocket of the Israelis, most likely down to the Kushner clan.

I find it stunning that certain UK media publications seem to devote more time to what Trump has said or done (true or alleged) than they do on matters at home, even issues that have been shown to be innuendo at best, and downright falsehoods at worst. The "news" stories are relentless in that respect, and a good indicator that the push to remove him is a global one, not just from the left within the US. Can't have some upstart rich fella, not groomed for the position over many years and properly indoctrinated taking the reins, that isn't how it's supposed to work.

The fact that the best the US could come up with as candidates - Trump or Clinton - shows once again though just how dire the political situation is and further makes the US more of a laughing stock in the eyes of the world. I know things are bad here, but come on.... really?

It might be funnier if the US wasn't the one using it's military to destabilise the rest of the world though. On that, there has been no change at all. I guess some things, like the profitability of war and propping up the dollar, will always come first no matter who is in the big house!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think the fact it is driving his critics absolutely crazy that he is President just adds to the whole appeal.

Never have i witnessed in all my years such opposition to a winner in a Presidential/Prime Minister election result. Its like craziness on steroids.

I absolutely love him calling a spade a spade. No political bull# ..... calling out Pakistan and saying "what value are we getting for all our foreign aide"? ...Just love it.

I can only imagine after he has served two terms the shenanigans he will get up to in calling out the next presidents for any bull# they come out with.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Funny how Trump wants to make America great again, only to be derided by the left, liberal MSM.

There is a cancer Eating the heart out of the USA just as it has out of the U.K.

I bloody wish we had our own Trump.

In years to come the US will look back on this guy as a hero and a saviour. Sure he can be an asshat too, but seriously, who isn’t sometimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Stable Genius

edit on 7-1-2018 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Trump is a fixer. He'll fix a lot of things and make the US and the rest of the world a better place, but sadly he'll never get credit. He'll die a hated man. Only a smallish minority will see him for what he really is: A person aware of his faults, but trying to do what is right and not what the elite is telling everybody is right.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Wolphus

The MSM look like a bunch of morons and show each day they are, complaining about double ice cream cup, high heel shoes for flotus, faux-scandals.

Autocorrect aside, not all MSM (outside the US) have their pockets filled with money from third parties, they call it as they see it,......

The Media/Journalist members that I see "calling them as they see it", are the ones the Prog's hate.

I bet real journalists would fill the void if the ones caught in lie after lie, were ignored. We expect journalist to bring the truth and use honest research while avoiding choosing political sides. Their opinions are welcome. It helps us see who they really are trying to be, but the news needs to be as unbiased as possible.

edit on 7-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy the US more of a laughing stock in the eyes of the world.

The USA is the most advanced economy the world has ever seen combined with power on this front along with a military on another level to what the world has ever seen. You laugh at the USA? Jeez you just haven't got a clue. That's because you are not from the USA. You don't understand their mind set. Your state same as mine counts for jack # on the world stage these days. Trump is doing just fine. He's fighting wars overseas and keeping the USA very safe from terror. The economy is doing pretty well. He's sorting out some of the silly support for joke overseas states that would stab USA in the back given half the chance. He's doing pretty well with keeping with his campaign promises, that's a first fo any politician I can remember here or over there. Another three years and things will be rolling just fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

such a ruthless business man he has been bankrupt more than once though!

I dont like him personally because he is such an egotesticle
whether he changes anything for the better we shall see.

One things for certain is he is taking America and the world on his own personal rollercoaster of crazy

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

such a ruthless business man he has been bankrupt more than once though!

I dont like him personally because he is such an egotesticle
whether he changes anything for the better we shall see.

One things for certain is he is taking America and the world on his own personal rollercoaster of crazy

He's never been bankrupt. He has used bankruptcy laws for a couple of his huge array of companies, but that's just good bussiness.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
More delusional thinking OP - it's as if people ignore the state of the economy and jobs prior to Trump. After a recessions, things pick back up. That's what happened under Obama - unemployment dropped dramatically, the the unemployment rate sunk. It has gone from 4.8% under Obama, to 4.1 under Trump, but the jobless rate has steadily been going down for years. Trump probably has had some small effect on that, but it's a laugh to think he is responsible for the current state of employment.

Same goes for DOW / the economy in general. It's been going up again, since Obama took office. Look at any GNP / Stock / economy graph for the last 8 years. You'll notice a trend. And Trump simply jumped onto that train. You people act as if he is solely responsible for the state of the economy, which is misleading gibberish. I guess he gets points for not tanking it?

Trump again, has little to do with ISIS. He destroyed them? LOL - funny stuff. Multiple cities were reclaimed during the Obama administration, and half of Mosul was already reclaimed when he took office. Took him 6 more months to retake the rest of that city. He does get credit for giving the Generals more freedom to do their jobs without having to OK everything through the White House. But taking all claim for defeat of ISIS is ridiculous. Why do you people buy into that propaganda?

Trump would never give credit where it is due - he takes all the credit for himself, while deflecting all blame to everyone and anyone else. And so many suckers lap up his boasting and hail him as the best President in the history of the nation. Hilarious stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And yet more 'yay Trump!' star harvesting.

What, exactly, does this post add to the discourse on ATS other than to provide circle-jerking?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
And yet more 'yay Trump!' star harvesting.

What, exactly, does this post add to the discourse on ATS other than to provide circle-jerking?

This thread has a British person's observation on Trump. I bet it would be really meaningful if it was a British person dissing Trump.

Stay triggered snowflake.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

So far he is doing more for his country than airhead Trudeau for Canada!

Ummm...yeah...the "pretty boy" leaders like Trudeau and Macron...sure did turn out to be empty suits...

Electing a leader should never be relegated to a beauty contest...

Well...maybe the pageant's producer...

YouSir

Harper was a solid PM...maybe not the best, but he definitely got the economy going and getting Canada on a balanced budget. At least Trump is getting rid of wasteful spending and the savings are put towards useful spending elsewhere in the economy.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Bravo sir. Much respect from across the pond.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join