It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - A British observer's view

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph

originally posted by: Painterz
And yet more 'yay Trump!' star harvesting.

What, exactly, does this post add to the discourse on ATS other than to provide circle-jerking?

This thread has a British person's observation on Trump. I bet it would be really meaningful if it was a British person dissing Trump.

Stay triggered snowflake.

Ah, 'triggered snowflake', the final refuge of the teenager who doesn't have a better insult. Do grow up sir.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh, and for the record, the statistics from Yougov.co.uk put Trump's approval rating in the UK as:

3.3% love
6.2% Like.
8.1% neutral.
11% dislike
71.4% hate.

Sample size 150k

So while I do not doubt OPs sincerity, OP is in a tiny tiny minority of British people.

Statistically people like OP are male, far right, fans of Roy Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson, Taylor Swift and Dad's Army.

But let's not let facts get in the way of yet another ATS Trump circlejerk eh.

edit on -06:00pm05131America/ChicagoSun, 07 Jan 2018 16:05:07 -06006 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
Is that an online poll or a genuine "random" poll?
If it is an online poll, what it demonstrates is that only those who make a point of hating Trump could be bothered to respond.
The give-away is the word "hate", which is a stronger emotion than the average Briton will be feeling about a foreign politician.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Hey now. What are you trying to do?

Are you trying to show the U.S. that the people who say Trump is a joke to the world, are so full of their own hatred that they can't tell the difference between the world and their kitchen?

Well then, Carry on.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Oh, and for the record, the statistics from Yougov.co.uk put Trump's approval rating in the UK as:

3.3% love
6.2% Like.
8.1% neutral.
11% dislike
71.4% hate.

Sample size 150k

So while I do not doubt OPs sincerity, OP is in a tiny tiny minority of British people.

Statistically people like OP are male, far right, fans of Roy Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson, Taylor Swift and Dad's Army.

But let's not let facts get in the way of yet another ATS Trump circlejerk eh.

Could you supply a link for that poll that got an answer from every single person there, or are you going to rely on the polls like the one's that said Hilary had a 99% chance to win on election day. Polls have become an altogether useless weapon for politics. Trump killed the polls. So about those facts you have been spouting about. lol. I can't believe people still fall for them.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I am very much a Labor voter over here in the UK but I agree and it is about time the US flexed it's muscle again because the world has become many magnitudes more dangerous since it stopped doing so, we are no longer in a position to be the worlds policeman as WE once were and that responsibility AND duty then fell to the US once they became the world's most powerful nation, of course like us they have NOT been perfect and often private vested interests have swayed there action's particularly in the recent decades into action's were they should not have gotten involved as there only reason for being so was financial - and not necessarily American financial but the interests of the Elite in the US such as the Bush family and Iraqi oil interests which they wanted.

But in fact Trump is NOT acting like them, he is actually working for his NATIONAL interests not his personal one's and so I feel that he does indeed have the right interests at heard, I am also definitely a believer that he is one extremely clever guy and know's what he is doing.

The problem most who hate him have is that he is a blond guy and he is white simple as that, I do not accept that he is in any way racist though he is definitely nationalistic BUT remember a strong US is good for everyone - except the Russian's, Iranian's, NK and China.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Which just goes to show how brainwashed by the ELITE controlled media we really are, the same Media whom are constantly blackening Corbyn, constantly putting out SELECTED story's about parliament while avoiding the time's he show's the Tory's up.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The vast majority of British people think Trump is a childish, mentally unstable idiotic tyrant that might take the world into WW3. Your view does not reflect that of most of the UK.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

Actually if history tell's us anything being an appeaser of Tyrant's like Kim Jong Un and the Iranian leadership (not to mention China) WILL lead us into a war, standing up to them very early and putting your foot down with FORCE - No messing about - is the only way to ensure peace so I actually disagree and remember WE are the one's whom learned that lesson when our weak prime minister spent all his time appeasing Adolf Hitler.

Weakness in the face of evil lead's to WAR.

Strength in it's face lead's to PEACE.

Honest to God I have no idea what they are teaching you kid's at school but it is damn well not history.

So I would argue that is NOT the opinion of most British people, whom are they surveying, what age group and what the hell was that age group taught at school, History is NOT supposed to be an optional because he whom forget's the past is damned to repeat it's mistake's but of course we have been living in the age of dumbing down the population.

edit on 8-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm from the UK and supported Trump before and through the election. I've had to come to his defense repeatedly from all the MSM headline reading liberal idiots at work because let's face it, they don't think for themselves. And of course I got abused for it, they are such nice people after all.

Anyway, I would still prefer him as your president that crooked Hillary, but I just don't have the same affinity for him as I once did. That could be to do with the MSM though, as all I hear and read about is his foreign policy. When is he going to help the inner cities etc like he promised at his rallies? That would help him immensely in his popularity. He also needs to start acting more presidential.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Painterz
Is that an online poll or a genuine "random" poll?
If it is an online poll, what it demonstrates is that only those who make a point of hating Trump could be bothered to respond.
The give-away is the word "hate", which is a stronger emotion than the average Briton will be feeling about a foreign politician.

It's a genuine poll. The sample size is 150,000, it's from yougov.co.uk which is one of the biggest polling companies in the UK.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DbDraad

Id have to disagree bankruptcy is not a sign of good business , its a sign that you are bad at business.

Sure its good business practice to file for bankruptcy , but if you have filed for more than one business that hardly makes you a good business man!

In fact quite the opposite

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
here is the thing. the reality is there is pretty much a world wide split over Trump/Obama, democrat/republican, liberal/conservatives. in Canada there are plenty of people who loved Obama, and hate Trump. as well plenty of those who hated Obama and love Trump. in fact there are a lot of people in Canada who would love to turf pretty boy trudeau and get a Canadian version of Trump instead. those who are sick of pretty boy's policies that mirror a lot of Obama's policies that are destroying the country. just as Obama's policies were destroying the US. i find the same split with people i know in Australia, the UK, the Philippines, Italy pretty much everywhere i have friends. i would go so far as to say it is pretty much a 50/50 split. the whole world is rather partisan on politics these days, especially when it comes to US politics. of course the lying western mainstream media has done it's best to portray the world supporting Obama, and hating Trump. just more fake news trying to form people's options to suit their views. you almost can not escape the arguing over social media over that political spit, no matter what country the people are in. i see almost the same arguments from both sides regardless of what countries those involved are in or from. in many cases relatives fighting over these politics with their relatives. friendships broken up over this political fight. friends of friends joining in to support their friend's views. etc. the honest truth is that anyone who says such and such a country support one side or the other are just talking out their A**s. THERE IS NO CONSENSUS ANYWHERE on this political divide. the only thing that can be fairly, and truthfully said is that BOTH SIDES are supported and mostly rather strongly, with almost no support of a moderate, middle ground between them. it seems people either fully support one side or the other with little middle ground

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Careful my man....othersideofthecoin may come to your home and beat you down with a liberal silver spoon from his pudding.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Careful my man....othersideofthecoin may come to your home and beat you down with a liberal silver spoon from his pudding.

That spoon is too good for him, I just slapped him round the face with a wet fish for a bit while screaming at the sky like the crazed “libtard” I am

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

That spoon is too good for him, I just slapped him round the face with a wet fish for a bit while screaming at the sky like the crazed “libtard” I am

Touche', I think laughing with you this time is what we will all do.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Libtard...glad to see your coming into your own.
It fits you so well, just embrace it.
edit on 8-1-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Stick to Tea and spotted dick and worry about abolishing your monarchy.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am a Brit.

Some of us like him, some loathe him (yes, it is a Marmite thing) but I think pretty much most of us think he is a bit weird and not a little creepy.

You do have an odd system for selecting your President though, it seems that a presidential candidate has to have pots of money to run but then I am no expert in politics over your side of the pond.

It seems a universal truth regardless of over here or in the US it is the left that goes overboard with the hating thing, though.

Look at all the venom from the left over here directed at the late, great, Margaret Thatcher?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well being a Brit myself I would agree with the OP.
Politicians are taught to avoid and deflect, that's all they do.
They never make decisions without paying some multi million pound Qango to tell them what to do.

Trump is a hurricane through the political system.
I wish we had someone with balls like that instead of the limp arseholes we have in government.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join