It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Ball!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey does anyone have any information on this??? I did a search and came up with nothing on the subject. It looks really, really interesting and I would love to know what in the heck this thing is?

www.rense.com...

They are talking like this thing has some sort of intelligence to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i read that article this morning. Sounds really cool.

i wonder what happened to that ball. i wonder if the people who handled that thing are still alive or if it made them sick

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can't find anything more on this...but still looking....
Would have helped if the submitters to Rense would have given a date, author, or newspaper...something to go on...

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've Googled, Yahood, Jeevesed, and just about every other search engine that you could think of and have come up with nothing. Do you think that the whole thing could have been determined to be a hoax and is therefore reported nowhere? OR, perhaps there was something to it and it immediately went to black ops. Either way, I am bound and determined to learn more about this.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think it was probably identified as something military or NASA related...so no more newsworthiness. I've even searched the archives of local Jacksonville papers for "Betz" and "Hynek", but most archives don't go back that far, even if the paper was around. The story looks pretty legit from the photos, (yes, Rense, I know)....and there are AP and UPI credits. (neither of which have a decent search option). I even did a search on Hynek's site, but their search option blows...

I'd e-mail Jeff at Rense, see if he can find out more from the submitters, to go on at least....like a newspaper name. Then we could get somewhere...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Great idea! I'm going to get right on it!

About Rense... Yeah, I know... truly a crackpot site, to say the least. I "Tune in" to the site on occassion for purely entertainment purposes. But on rare occassion they do offer up these little gems.

I did, however, turn up this little piece during my research. I'm wondering if perhaps this is a smaller version than our mystery ball. I'll keep this thread posted on anyting new that I turn up.

www.brucegray.com...

[edit on 14-2-2005 by kozmo]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Orb? Maybe a broken one?

Roper

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
it reminds me of the foil found at Roswell, but this seems conciderably diffrent, I think I'll do my own little reaserch

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It reminds me of an old old movie (i've seen the reruns) "The Blob"

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
well take a look at this, www.robotics.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
this seems to be a smaller version, and have the same qualities strangetreasures.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Awesome find, kozmo! It's incredible how much weird stuff is out there.

I usually dismiss rense immediately, but this is most definitely interesting. If in fact the Navy used the cover story that this "ball" contained rocket fuel, it should go down as one of the worst government lies of all time. I'll do my share of digging.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have a distinct feeling that this isnt alien

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XX_Mouse_XX
I have a distinct feeling that this isnt alien

As with most anomalies, it probably doesn't have anything to do with extra-terrestrials, but hard facts shape theories, not feelings.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XX_Mouse_XX
well take a look at this, www.robotics.com...

This looks like possible debris from the last space shuttle that broke up upon return.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That is what makes this thing that much more intriguing. This story has literally disappeared from the news since it was originally reported. Given the fact that the object is made of steel makes it most likely of terrestial origin... however, what is it's purpose?

Could this thing be linked to alien technology? Could it be a part of some clandestine government project? Or is it just some piece of rocket or satellite equipment that became detached during launch and fell to the ground... like some type of advanced gyroscope? Anyway, I'd really likle to know.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, there is the cape nearby...so it's very plausible that it's a piece of something space-vehicle related, and completely terrestrial...

Any more luck on the search? Another idea might be to e-mail the link to Stan Friedman, as I believe he once looked into this case...so he may have a quick answer...(and an honest one)...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I e-mailed Rense to see if I could find the origin of the original article and received no response. Perhaps Friedman could share some insight into this. I'll give it a try.

My best guess at this point is that is is some type of self-contained gyroscope for spacecraft (terrestrial in origin). An associate of mine employed by NASA who looked over the article stated that it appeared AND behaved in a manner consistent with such a mechanism.

top topics

join