It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a shame really

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I wish I could click on a checkbox and not see any of the political forums. This site would be much better in my opinion if you could filter out the liberal troll bait threads.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Finally, my point. Given that I believe this is the majority of ATS, how on earth can we rationalize that with using vernacular political affiliation as application of the supporting argument? What I mean by this is liberal, sjw, alt-____, cult45, righty, etc etc.......... Can these terms be accurately or even closely defined? Is there a standing group of humanity that completely falls within any of these allegations of political persuasion? I think not.

Scary stuff really. Society has been fragmented to such an extent that reality has become shrouded for many. We've been labeled and broken into groups, those groups broken into other groups and so on and so on..........what we have now is a gazillion splintered cells bickering amongst each other, when in fact the common ground we share has more similarities than differences. Society in general has lost sight of this. Apparently it's easier to hate than love, this mentality is a runaway train and without drastic change will eventually be our demise. Acceptance is key for positive change.

There's no such thing as a singular ideology, everyone has their own perception of what utopia should look like.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

It's like someone should realize that everyone can be individually free. They could write a constitution that deemed everyone is created equal. You can live, laugh and love as you deem fit, because you are free. So long as there doesn't exists that you're infringing upon anyone else ability to do the same. All this because someone realized that many differences is bound to happen.

Crazy thought.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We're at war. Sides have been chosen not by us but by those that want us divided.

Mostly just people like you. You think you are always right and you are not being played. Maybe someday you will realize it is you who is being played.

Just remember, there are no liberals left after the 2016 election. Republicans control every level of government from local to the presidency. Who is left to blame?

I wish this site had less to do with politics. The censorship here definitely has an agenda.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Republicans are in control of everything. What more do you want, Democrats to lick Republican boots?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

We're at war. Sides have been chosen not by us but by those that want us divided.

Mostly just people like you. You think you are always right and you are not being played. Maybe someday you will realize it is you who is being played.

Just remember, there are no liberals left after the 2016 election. Republicans control every level of government from local to the presidency. Who is left to blame?

I wish this site had less to do with politics. The censorship here definitely has an agenda.

Do you think you're right?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Iam from germany and all this is very traditional here. Then i get heavily triggered just to participate
. I would say its not easy in my case. To resist.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I wish I could click on a checkbox and not see any of the political forums. This site would be much better in my opinion if you could filter out the liberal troll bait threads.

So you're sick of the troll threads liberals start, or the troll threads started for liberals?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I wish I could click on a checkbox and not see any of the political forums. This site would be much better in my opinion if you could filter out the LIBERAL troll bait threads.

Wishing to not see any political stuff, because it would be better for ATS.
And ending the comment with political trolling...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I see you have an adjective,I'm trying to figure out what it is,the reason people say liberal or conservative is because that would be the viewpoint,there is no argument to the fact neither agrees 100% with the other side,if I were to say,from now on everyone on this site have a conservative view,that would be self centered and selfish no matter how many agreed,this is life,not everyone is going to be on your side,and things won't go your way

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

The problems arent inherently the ideologies (the ideals behind each ought to be at least considered at every juncture as no one philosophy is without its flaws / limitations from one juncture to the next)...
Its what people do with them when they form up groups and set about group supremacy over one another. Especially when we've all been ushered towards each others throats for decades running, dove-tailing into this decade where they've weaponized it with these overt Identity Politics. Nazi Germany stuff, and its infected every thing all while skewering us into a bunch of seething tabloid personality cultists. All to keep us stuck in this pattern of ignoring what's eating out the innards of US all.

We've got over 300 MILLION people in this nation and if anyone thinks that Republicanism or Democratism alone is a one sized fits all across the board, well that kind of groupthink is everything thats wrong with our species.

In the field of Philosophy for example no one school of thought explains the human creature / experience. In the mind sciences the lists of categories from neurobiology to psychology to sociology we cant be explained with one but them all. But in political science there can really be one ideology to rule them all? That's Nazi Germany stuff, even IF one political philosophy could answer all of humanities problems and complexities.

edit on 6-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

True, I do have plenty of adjectives.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

All sources have become junk sources. We're in a vacuum of honest reporting. We now have to take it all in and try to filter out the digital noise from a distant transmission that is the truth. Pretty sad state these days.

While I don't disagree, how is that different then the past 40 years? While true journalism has diminished, or has been phased out, that doesn't change the fact that this is not a new phenomena.

Ummm...with the possible exception that 40 years ago there was no internet...all we had was the MSM...

It's only because we can now glimpse the underbelly that makes any sort of difference...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Do you think you're right?

Ummm...I'm sure he just...knows...he's right...

That's why you see him participating in those threads he so despises...

There's the rub...those that whine about the political threads...just can't seem to muster the requisite fortitude to...not...participate in them...

Funny that...huh...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

For all the good it does us.....

Your think with such a wide view of information, we could gain more of a perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

For all the good it does us.....

Your think with such a wide view of information, we could gain more of a perspective.

Ummm...I'm almost of the opinion...especially with the dark net/web with it's deep state connections...that it might be designed to be precisely that...information overload and let them eat cake...

Perhaps spoon fed pap...was...a more innocent and trusting method of control...
Innocent because one...trusted...the methodology...and rarely ever questioned...

Definite food for thought...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's like someone should realize that everyone can be individually free. They could write a constitution that deemed everyone is created equal. You can live, laugh and love as you deem fit, because you are free. So long as there doesn't exists that you're infringing upon anyone else ability to do the same. All this because someone realized that many differences is bound to happen.

Crazy thought.

Yepper, It's a very simple concept in theory but one that human nature tends to overcomplicate. We tend to obsess and expend a lot of energy on our differences vs our similarities. As unique as some of us may think we are, we all share very similar hopes and dreams in our pursuit to happiness. We certainly deserve better than the manufactured division being perpetrated upon us. Unfortunately we have people here that post for one reason and one reason only, which is to instigate and create angst and disaccord among us. Why people would want to expend the time and energy for the sole purpose of pissing people off is a concept I find incomprehensible and irresponsible on a human level.

This political loop we're in now has reached a ridiculous level and is nothing more that a giant circle jerk . Hopefully at some point we can all rise above it and find common ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join