It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a shame really

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We all come here for varied reasons. Among the top, I would wager to seek information. Information on things of conspiracy, cryptic, unknown beings and such. In other words, we don't congregate at this site that is very much meant as an exchange of the previously mentioned information because we know it all. In the political sections however, this doesn't seem to be the case.

If you subscribe to the notion that things aren't what they seem in the news or narrative, it stands to reason, you've found a place here. If you notice the flaws in the agendas that have been perpetrated on a grand scale across the globe and find the flaws in the lies you've been told. It stands to reason that you've found a place here. You tend to not think like the rest. You have differing views than the masses and searched out like-minded folks. Perhaps even a place to have a discussion on what you 'think' is truth. Regardless, you are not part of the masses.

Finally, my point. Given that I believe this is the majority of ATS, how on earth can we rationalize that with using vernacular political affiliation as application of the supporting argument? What I mean by this is liberal, sjw, alt-____, cult45, righty, etc etc.......... Can these terms be accurately or even closely defined? Is there a standing group of humanity that completely falls within any of these allegations of political persuasion? I think not.

Perhaps we should steer clear of this nonsense. Being a site that indeed frowns upon junk sources, anecdotes and third party reports; doesn't it resolve us to follow suit in politics? Painting with these broad strokes is very much part of the agenda. Very much part of the narrative and serves zero conversational purpose.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i cam here after seeing ATS Recap; wonder what that guy's screenname is on here and if he is fairly active!

first thing i noticed was the really 'above' top secret discussions that most interested me were inexplicably most all in the Skunkworks forum, complete with its striped avatar warning stay away or get sprayed.

seriously though, what do Lockheed Martin reps feel about such usage?!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

All sources have become junk sources. We're in a vacuum of honest reporting. We now have to take it all in and try to filter out the digital noise from a distant transmission that is the truth. Pretty sad state these days.

link   

Just remember this my friend.

The Deep State is here with us keeping up with their cow dung flinging.

Some of them are just silly, some are introverts, while others are believe they guard the South for some obscure reason.

But they operate as a group.

Now, do you need or just want to know what the Deep State is concerned about.

Just watch when they all come out of their Hornet's Nest and you will begin to understand their MO and you get a glimpse at their concerns.

Enjoy the show folks.

P

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
We all come here for varied reasons. Among the top, I would wager to seek information. Information on things of conspiracy, cryptic, unknown beings and such. In other words, we don't congregate at this site that is very much meant as an exchange of the previously mentioned information because we know it all. In the political sections however, this doesn't seem to be the case.

If you subscribe to the notion that things aren't what they seem in the news or narrative, it stands to reason, you've found a place here. If you notice the flaws in the agendas that have been perpetrated on a grand scale across the globe and find the flaws in the lies you've been told. It stands to reason that you've found a place here. You tend to not think like the rest. You have differing views than the masses and searched out like-minded folks. Perhaps even a place to have a discussion on what you 'think' is truth. Regardless, you are not part of the masses.

Finally, my point. Given that I believe this is the majority of ATS, how on earth can we rationalize that with using vernacular political affiliation as application of the supporting argument? What I mean by this is liberal, sjw, alt-____, cult45, righty, etc etc.......... Can these terms be accurately or even closely defined? Is there a standing group of humanity that completely falls within any of these allegations of political persuasion? I think not.

Perhaps we should steer clear of this nonsense. Being a site that indeed frowns upon junk sources, anecdotes and third party reports; doesn't it resolve us to follow suit in politics? Painting with these broad strokes is very much part of the agenda. Very much part of the narrative and serves zero conversational purpose.

And then Trump became president...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

All sources have become junk sources. We're in a vacuum of honest reporting. We now have to take it all in and try to filter out the digital noise from a distant transmission that is the truth. Pretty sad state these days.

While I don't disagree, how is that different then the past 40 years? While true journalism has diminished, or has been phased out, that doesn't change the fact that this is not a new phenomena.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Describing reality is a great deal more difficult than naming it and allowing the verbiage to do all the heavy lifting for us. There is probably a sort of bias involved, but when it comes to speaking and writing, I would suggest adhering to the principle “show don’t tell”.

Good thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Indeed. To that end, why is it so difficult to have a discussion on case by case basis, from multiple sources biased in any form? Maybe we just hate being wrong. Maybe deep down have the fear that the world we think we know isn't at all based in fact.

Either way, it has a basis of clinging to a truth and if that is the case, why do so many come here?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

While I don't disagree, how is that different then the past 40 years? While true journalism has diminished, or has been phased out, that doesn't change the fact that this is not a new phenomena.

The difference is the interwebs! 40 hears ago, I had no idea how newspapers around the world spun their nonsense. I had a couple of broadcast newscasts and one or two local papers. Now I use apps like “Smart News” and can read literally hundreds accounts of the same information spun in 3-4 overall different ways, depending on the political slant of whoever owns the medium. 99% of the reports list “unnamed sources” now, where 40 years ago there were very few unnamed sources so you could generally rely on the reporting (that gave actual sources where you could follow-up). Finally, 40 yeats ago, journalists were actual journalists and actially vetted their information before reporting it. Now it’s “I have to report first, cacts be damned”.

It’s all about unnamed (made up) sources and the rush to be first...not to mention political motivation bordering on psychosis...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Yes, the corruption is easier to see nowadays even though some choose not to. Thank thee internwebs!

Still, not new however.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Life is great being homeless and living under the stars and collecting welfare and free medical in Hawaii these days.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Corruption just wants us to focus on in group and out group, to obsess over our differences, to ignore human nature as that's how we're manipulated, to just flow on whims and follow the talking heads drumbeats to step on the heads of the out groups.

The battle cry of The Corruption is all of us screaming at each other.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Some of them are just silly, some are introverts, while others are believe they guard the South for some obscure reason.

Are you talking about Southern Guardian? Hope you’d have the balls to state that rather than do it thru a game of words. If not, quite the coincidence.

Both sides of the political spectrum on this site have their asinine actors...and yes, the show is indeed enjoyable, especially when you’re Directing it.

edit on 5-1-2018 by BestinShow because: Destroy an ‘

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: pheonix358

Are you talking about Southern Guardian? Hope you’d have the balls to state that rather than do it thru a game of words. If not, quite the coincidence.

Both sides of the political spectrum on this site have their asinine actors...and yes, the show is indeed enjoyable, especially when you’re Directing it.

lol. You got one out of three. Well done.

I am an author, I love words and phrases.

I also have a sense of humor, mostly dark but often I love taking Australian humor for a spin.

P

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Finally, my point. Given that I believe this is the majority of ATS, how on earth can we rationalize that with using vernacular political affiliation as application of the supporting argument?

We shouldn't. I'm not as old as other members here but even I remember a time when conspiracy theorists were critical of all government, not just the other side.

Now each side has the "approved" conspiracies they should follow, and that's the most suspect thing of all to me. I said in another thread recently that one of the worst things to come out of this past election is what it's done to conspiracy theorists, and I stand by that.

The government has infected conspiracy theorists with a terminal strain of tribalism, and everyone is so lost in their own internalized politics they mistake it for reality.

To me, the only real reality in all this is that the government is not your friend, no matter which talking head they slap on the diseased body that is our country. And I stand by that as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

We're at war. Sides have been chosen not by us but by those that want us divided.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

YAWN...

So redundant.

Sorry.

This is has been like the 'go-to-topic for 2 decades here.

Please don't take it wrong, just saying, let's do what we can to post and support something original, please.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

So sorry to bore you with my thoughts and observations. You are free to float about the forums and speak to whatever speaks to you.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Okay watch you got in mind?

WHAT is original?

The new ideas I see are 4th class to left/right.

And go against that and get called "the go to topic for 2 decades"?

So surely you've actually got something to add besides belittle???
edit on 5-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd like to see the armies line up. Political monkeys at the forward command. Talking heads on the front lines. Youtubers nocking their arrows. It would be magnificent!

The people can place bets on the sidelines.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join