It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope Says: Don't extinguish migrants' hopes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It is what it is, always has been, probably always will be.

Certainly, agree that our interpretation of religion is a Man-made phenomenon those books being of our very own creation.

Fact is we are an apex predator that kills for sport and pleasure but it may not be beyond the realms of possibility to curb our penchant for such and realize some fantastic wonders should we ever get our collective act together as a race.

Religion as we know it will never facilitate a significant paradigm shift because its designed to retard free-thinking individuals and keep the status quo in place.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't agree with you but I spent years thinking about it and being challenged formally in philosophy.

It is man that perverts spirituality and social order not the other way around.

Look at make America great again and the true believers there. It's a new religion of intolerance.

Secularism has not done any better as far as freeing man from its shackles. They are just different material.

We evolve but seldom learn the lessons long enough to stop recreating the problems.

So is Monsanto or the Vatican more powerful? Do they both do good and bad?

Maybe it's not such a clear right and wrong all the time.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yeah its nice to see someone who acts like a Christian in the Vatican for once.

The christian way is turning the other cheek. Judge not lest ye be judged.

The pope is acting like the Church of the crusades.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why doesn't he use all his gold to take care of his flock?,because he could care less,bunch of criminals trying to be martyrs

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: stormcell

Not real versed in the Hindus are we...

They were demolished in a genocide by the moghals. Largest in history.

Just read up on that ... what a terrible waste that they had different warrior clans and other groups form and alliances and fight each other.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Guess you haven't read much about Jesus. Turn the other cheek has nothing to do with people in need.

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

edit on 2-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Sounds like human history to me secular or theocratic.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Why doesn't he use all his gold to take care of his flock?,because he could care less,bunch of criminals trying to be martyrs

They have helped over 2 million refugees with their gold from the Syrian crisis alone.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

"So is Monsanto or the Vatican more powerful? Do they both do good and bad?"

They are both following an agenda that's probably detrimental to our health both mental and physical.

Nothing is clear where big business is concerned as their motivations are generally self-serving and surround amassing monies and power.

"We evolve but seldom learn the lessons long enough to stop recreating the problems."

Longevity is certainly an issue where humanity repeating its problems from one generation to the next is concerned.

Possibly worth keeping in mind that right and wrong, good and evil, are very Human constructs dependant on perspective.

Shades of gray is a more accurate description where differing ideologies and perspective are at play.

Whats right for one person is wrong for another.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yea and his right hand man was caught having an underage orgy and Francis tried to cover it up. Why would anyone take advice from a bunch of pedos?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Yea and his right hand man was caught having an underage orgy and Francis tried to cover it up. Why would anyone take advice from a bunch of pedos?

Again with the fake news. You mean a secretary of pope francis's aid? And what cover up they were caught in the act.

Ps gays are not pedophiles.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It really is an ironic situation. More and more parts of the world are becoming no go zones for civilized, educated, westerners all the while civilized countries in Europe are being destroyed by an invasion of millions of uncivilized, uneducated barbarians. Wealthy Europeans I follow are leaving Europe for their private resorts in South America. I would think this is a sign that the migrant flood is going to do serious damage to the European economy.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sure a lot of citizens' hopes are extinguished after importing all these migrants...

These places used to be flourishing vacation spots. GEE, WONDER WHAT HAPPENED.
edit on 2-1-2018 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
I'm sure a lot of citizens' hopes are extinguished after importing all these migrants...

These places used to be flourishing vacation spots. GEE, WONDER WHAT HAPPENED.

Proxi wars and foreign intervention in the ME?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join