It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The great big thread of whacky flat Earth arguments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Do flat-earthers think hollow-earthers are bat # crazy?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dalepmay
Do flat-earthers think hollow-earthers are bat # crazy?

Probably about as much as gays hate polygamists, alcoholics hate weed smokers. and so on and so forth.

Just humans for you. Our ways are always right, everyone else's ways are bat # crazy.

There are very few who can genuinely disagree with other respectfully or even accept others think differently.

We tend to be a very hypocritical and ironic creature that expects the world to be exactly as we perceive it otherwise it is bad and wrong.

The main flaw with humanity is that the majority of them feel compelled to force their beliefs on others instead of agreeing to disagree and walking away. And that is where the trouble starts.

People want to believe the Earth is Hollow or Flat that's fine. Let them.
Sadly though there are some of those people who would tie you up and torture you, or start wars to force you to admit they are right and agree with them. As there are for all things opinion based.

The Sky Fairy is BLUE!!!
NO, the Sky Fairy is RED!!!!! NOW DIE!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey, i have got a real pic of the real, flat earth:

And i am gonna explain you how the flat earth works, with the help of that real picture of the real, flat earth.

Regarding to the Flatheads, the Arctic is in the middle of the earth and the Antarctica is a continent that surrounds the whole world and builds a border of a around 50m high ice wall, as you can see on the real pic of the real, flat earth. The NASA and the "U"S military are guarding that barrier. To prevent us, the people, from climbing that wall and maybe falling down at the edge of the earth, into endless space.

But we know even more about the real, flat earth.
If you watch closely, you can see a small, black line surrounding that ice barrier on the outside. These are architectural remains of the ancient roman empire. The romans rammed wooden palisades into the disc, to prevent the ice wall from slipping over the edge of the earth. They didn´t know that this is not necessary. Even the romans kept that secret, because they wanted to use it for complete world dominance. But the story ended different for them as they thought, before they could reach their goals.

From my neighbour, that knows a man that knows a woman which knows a guy that saw somebody who worked for the UN, eating a "Leberwurstbrötchen"(germans will understand xD) for lunch break, told me that the plans of the "U"SA are to use HAARP and low frequency waves to melt down the whole Antarctica and to destroy the whole ice wall with that.

The world population has to pay for that plan, via the CO2 certificate trading. Because of saving us from the climate change, as we are told. In reality they want to reach the raw materials, hidden under that ice wall. To prevent the disc from running full of water, they want to leave the surplus water into space. They have constructed a water drain with a plug in it, that they can pull. Similiar to a bathtub plug, but much, much bigger. It needs to be pulled by five Space X rockets.

There is much more but it is really too secret, so i can´t tell you about everything i know about the real, flat earth, just that it is real and the "U"S amricans controll it. Till now. But that seems to change since the Trump regency. Now we all can hope that NK can´t build five rockets that are strong enough... but pssssst!

For those that have problems to recognize sarcasm, you can use this text as a good example for sarcasm.
And it was stolen too, from here

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
Ain't been on here in a while but been seeing and hearing a lot 'bout this ol' flat Earth so thought I'd compile a shortlist of my favourite arguments that I've seen put forward by flat Earthers.

1. If the Earth is moving then why come it takes the same amount of time to fly 100 miles east as it does to fly 100 miles west?

In another, more specific variation of this argument the locations New York and Los Angeles were mentioned. I suppose what they're trying to say is that if a plane is in the air and not making direct contact with the Earth, that the rotating Earth should move inpedendently of the plane.

Thus, if the plane is moving in a direction contrary to Earths rotation it should travel at a faster rate - like the rotation of the Earth doesn't actually affect its contents, this really boggles my mind.

But then you realise that there are a lot of variables that could and do affect the time it takes to travel anywhere, a flight from NY to LA might take longer than it did previously because things travel at different speeds and can be impeded by natural phenomena like weather. Or perhaps weather is a lie perpetuated by NASA.

2. If you fly straight up, the horizon will always remain at eye level.

What? the thing that really bugs me about a lot of the flat Earth arguments is that in order to prove any of them you'd need to do the very thing that flat Earthers mostly say is impossible - you'd have to reach an altitude that many of them claim can't actually be reached.

There are no pictures of the Earth from space showing the Earths curvature, they are all CGI simply because they can't possibly have been taken - but you must consider their argument that in order to prove you'd have to do what they claim can't be done...so how can they even begin to assert that their initial claim is true if, by their own standards, it cannot actually be proved?

But then I think..who has actually done this? They tell you to go out and try these things -- I can't levitate to high altitude whilst remaining perfectly vertical. That's a key concept i think is lacking in those who use this argumet...vertical! What if I were to lay on my back and ascend directly up into the heavens...I ain't gonna see no horizon then, am I? Not even at 6ft.

Perhaps the horizon is an illusion cast by the shadowy hand of the evil NASA

3. We have no images of the Earth from space because it isn't possible.

I know, I mentioned this before. But what annoys me about this specific argument is that after a typical flat Earther tells you this they will then go on to tell you of some whacky backyard tinkerer or some famous rap guy is sending a rocket into orbit to take pictures of the Earth and show that it's flat.

So highly funded organisations that have had a wealth of experienced, learned people all contributing to this stuff for decades are trumped by some ramshackle, radio-shack Roger building a craft in his shed out of tin cans. Take this dude - Mike hughes as an example.

He built his rocket out of scrap metal...naturally, if he actually succeeds in reaching a reasonable altitude and survive his pictures will not be CGI and will conclusively prove that the Earth appears to be flat from the mile or two high he actually gets. Flat Earth folks tend not to understand the concept of mass or scale - I had one guy tell me he stood atop a block of high-rise flats here in the UK and could see no curvature therefore flat Earth.

The curved Earth theory was cooked up by and is no doubt a huge cash-cow to the evil head honchos at the notoriously develish NASA.

[

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

I'm glad I'm not depending on you to convince me of anything, because you did not provide a sound explanation for a single flat earth assumption you are ridiculing.

In response to the argument regarding the issue of same travel times for different directions, your evidence is

" a lot of variables that could and do affect the time it takes to travel anywhere, a flight from NY to LA might take longer than it did previously because things travel at different speeds and can be impeded by natural phenomena like weather. "

I guess the weather must be pretty consistent to perpetually effect a flight time???? The reality is you have not provided any logical or intelligent arguments to any of the topics you addressed. It seems flat earthers are the last bastion that people can feel comfortable ridiculing without invoking the wrath of the PC crowd. If you are going to be critical, at least have some reasonable arguments against what you are ridiculing.

Why is there so much interest in constantly bringing up Flat earth? If they are as idiotic as you say they are why bother? If someone started a conspiracy saying the Moon is made of green cheese would you start a thread and spend lots of time trying to write something that refutes it? No, I doubt you would. I have a theory that anyone that is quick to ridicule FE advocates, either needs to have something to make themselves feel a little superior or they harbor a tiny bit of belief that there may be some validity to some of the assumptions being challenged by Flat Earthers.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
I have a theory that anyone that is quick to ridicule FE advocates, either needs to have something to make themselves feel a little superior or they harbor a tiny bit of belief that there may be some validity to some of the assumptions being challenged by Flat Earthers.

or c) They have a deep seated horror that something so dumb can gain so much credence amongst people seemingly unchallenged (and wow, just wow, you now get criticised for even challenging it!), and that so much anti-science, anti-intellectual stupidity is spreading so quickly that it won't be long before Idiocracy is seen as a documentary. Flat earth is the new gateway drug to the rabbit hole of crazy.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I rather believe the inside earth theory. That we are living inside the planet.

Honestly they should just use a live video to stream an ascension from earth to space with a square camera, so we to shut up all about anything else than circle earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Flat earthers are the stupidest defectives on earth. Just ignore these idiots.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Please...this isn't a thread for debating the flat earth, it's a thread for mocking those who believe it.

Let's stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If the earth was really round explain to me how all the water stays on the planet and the bottom half doesn't just fall off! HU! HU!!!!????
That's right, because the Earth is a triangle!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If the earth was really round explain to me how all the water stays on the planet and the bottom half doesn't just fall off! HU! HU!!!!????
That's right, because the Earth is a triangle!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You know what I think? I think we could, between us, come up with a whacky theory and if we propagate it enough by this time next year it will have a reasonable following.

All we have to do is come up with something theh go on reddit, YouTube and even here on ATS and start talking about it.

I've come up with one - the earth is mostly all water and the continents are actually free-floating land masses. We could find them threads about how Australia has shifted from its original position to support the notion.

But now that I think of it I'm reckoning that there are probably people out there who already believe this.

You have to credit the folks what come up with these things for their inspired, original thinking.

Or does everyone just nick ideas that are already out there? I dunno...it's all very interesting.

Well...this post went nowhere.
edit on 31/12/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
My brother now believes the Earth is flat.

Sadly he came to this conclusion from destroying his once highly intelligent brain with drugs and alcohol over a couple of decades.
So Flat Earth imho, is the result of some kind of mental illness or deterioration.

And sadly try as you might. There aint ever fixing that, no changing the mind. If they believe it now, they will always believe it.

I really do miss talking to him logically and sanely about science, space and everything.

I think it is all stupid, but I am not gonna hate on these people anymore than I would hate on someone with Schizophrenia, Down Syndrome or a belief that invisible entities control their lives.

I had a friend similar to that situation once, and remember telling him that the stars in the sky at night are all suns like our own sun, some way larger, and some smaller and many other differences, etc.. and he got real mad and scoffed at that with ridicule that all the stars are suns. He thought the stars were somethings else other than suns. Never could tell him anything, he would just laugh and continue on with his own created reality that he believed in. Science took a back seat for the poor guy.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
where is the flat Mars Society?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Someone got my venom-dripping sarcasm...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Dang good explanation . I have bypassed the normal scientific method of proving a theorem , and moved this directly to a scientific fact with a 6 Sigma factor.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Too many drugs ....

Not enough education ....

and an innate non-conformist clown complex ,

gives rise to jibber jabber blown in every direction ,

How's this ?
the flat earth is rotating eccentrically , producing
a rotating ocean and tides .... !

.... NASA OWES ME ....

etc , etc.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah in my brothers case he used to science with the best of us, he would of mocked flat-earth theory right along side of me if he hadn't killed his brain.
The day I heard he believed the Earth was flat I realized he had passed to point of being helped.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If you get on a commercial airliner and get to cruising altitudes you can actually see the curvature of the earth. Barely but it is there.

I put the same stock in flat earthers as this woman right here saying that the rainbow in her yard sprinkler is a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm a believer in reality.
If you want to observe the globe, go to an airport runway. The planes get higher as they approach the runway.

Either planes enter the earth during flight, and re-emerge before landing, or you can physically watch them pop over the curve all day long. It takes a long time before the tiny planes actually decend in your line of vision. And you can measure that point of change, its consistent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join