It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jorge Ramos Says He’s Now Having the ‘Worst Time’ of His Life in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I only found out recently that Jorge Ramos' daughter Paola Ramos worked on the Hillary campaign and before that the Obama campaigns. He is just another political campaigner pretending to be a journalist - it's just he's funnier than most as he makes an ass of himself regularly.

Bombshell !!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I must have missed the part where he said he was looking for your sympathy.

It is a popularity contest and these are the tactics. I would think more people on ATS would see things for what they are but...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

OMG stop with your pseudo-superiority complex.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

It is a popularity contest and these are the tactics. I would think more people on ATS would see things for what they are but...

Exactly. It is a contest to see who can get the most attention, and it is in that way I find what Ramos did to be quite clever.

He used his social media accounts to be very vocal about Trump and in doing so has baited all the bigoted and racist Trump supporters in to providing him the "hate" needed to push his narrative.

Ramos is highly-respected in the Hispanic communities and has given them a look in to how ignorant and hateful many people in this country can be towards people of different ethnicities.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Is he the same character who during one of Trump's early conferences stood up uninvited, cutting off all the other reporters, to make nonsensical political statements, which led to him getting thrown out?

IF so can't say I have any sympathy for such a fraud. There are a lot of activists masquerading as "journalists" out there.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Pseudo-superiority complex?

Does that mean that I don't actually think I'm superior?

Seriously, It isn't about being superior, it was once ATS' MO to question authority, you know like when you were here talking revolution.
edit on 22-12-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Jorge Ramos gave up on journalistic ethics, and in the process, discredited himself as a journalist.

“It doesn’t matter who you are — a journalist, a politician or a voter — we’ll all be judged by how we responded to Donald Trump,” Ramos writes in latest edition of Time Magazine. “Like it or not, this election is a plebiscite on the most divisive, polarizing and disrupting figure in American politics in decades. And neutrality is not an option.”

It turns out, he is being judge by how he responded to Donald Trump. He was completely wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yeah, and people grow up. I'm not a kid in his 20s anymore.

You're talking down to people like you are some kind of key-master of "questioning authority".

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I can understand why he said what he did.

Univision itself has revieved many threats and such, not to mention that anti-immigration/Hispanic/Muslim sentiment has been very vocal as of late. Especially on social media sites.

No wonder there has been talk of ATS being labeled a "hate site". We see that bigoted nonsense on this site as well.

That sentiment has been around for a long time, but anytime we voiced our opinion, we were chastised as haters, racists, and bigots even though not supporting illegal immigration doesn't fit any of the three. Had that not been an issue, Trump wouldn't have had to bring it up. Now we can discuss it without being chastised by anyone important.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
Hmmm, is there a direct correlation to his life getting worse and 100's of millions American lives improving in that same time span?

He don't like saving money when it's due to a Republican policy.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And ATS used to be a CT site. If things change then what is wrong in pointing out that they have changed?

I never said that I was anything special. I just repeated the CT idea that politics is theater and that a CT community should be better at seeing that.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Exactly. It is a contest to see who can get the most attention, and it is in that way I find what Ramos did to be quite clever.

He used his social media accounts to be very vocal about Trump and in doing so has baited all the bigoted and racist Trump supporters in to providing him the "hate" needed to push his narrative.

Ramos is highly-respected in the Hispanic communities and has given them a look in to how ignorant and hateful many people in this country can be towards people of different ethnicities.

He's highly respected by other anti-Trumpers. There are plenty of Hispanics that don't buy into his lies like you're doing. And thanks for the stereotype about bigots and racists, again, because it worked well for you people last year. Real well.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

That sentiment has been around for a long time, but anytime we voiced our opinion, we were chastised as haters, racists, and bigots even though not supporting illegal immigration doesn't fit any of the three.

Yes, that sentiment has been around for some time and Trump was able to capitalize off of it.

The stuff Ramos discusses is not what you are describing. He is talking about the hatred we have seen pouring out of people since Trump came along.

Perhaps you could comment on that?

Had that not been an issue, Trump wouldn't have had to bring it up. Now we can discuss it without being chastised by anyone important.

He brought it up because it was a successful propaganda tool to get votes and support.

Are you guys new or naive to politics?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

He's highly respected by other anti-Trumpers.

Sure. But his main popularity comes from the Hispanic audiences.

There are plenty of Hispanics that don't buy into his lies like you're doing.

What lies? Can you be specific?

And thanks for the stereotype about bigots and racists, again, because it worked well for you people last year. Real well.

You're very welcome. It's about time you guys (not saying you specifically) had the balls to stand up for what you believe so that we didn't have to play these silly games.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Leave Ramos Alone,, Leave him Alone !!! , He had too sneak into the country on a student visa and take a job as a reporter that no one wanted in a run-down place on Melrose Avenue. And he started a book club.... Leave him Alone !!!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Only if you believe in Bigfoot and lizard people...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Sure..

If you believe Sean hannity and infowars various lies.. lies even Fox News wouldn’t even pront on their news pages..

I live in Mississippi and I don’t even know anyone who is a “trump supporter” I know people who voted for him.. and I never run into anyone who defends him religiously or believes even half his lies like those on ATS...

Trump won because hillary was the most unlikeable candidate in history.. not because trump is “just the greatest person ever.. everyone likes me..”

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Like I said, there were other places they could go..

Going votes when that’s the one place he lost is just ridiculous..

That said, so I gymuess your in favor of voting based on wealth or land ownership then , huh??

I mean if the voters don’t count equally. That’s what we are doing. Which is kinda the opposite of “the American dream”.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You're assuming, of course, that he ever had more than a fleeting relationship with those ethics...

“It doesn’t matter who you are — a journalist, a politician or a voter — we’ll all be judged by how we responded to Donald Trump,” Ramos writes in latest edition of Time Magazine. “Like it or not, this election is a plebiscite on the most divisive, polarizing and disrupting figure in American politics in decades. And neutrality is not an option.”

...and neutrality is not an option. What ever grasp of journalistic ethics he had disappeared right there. He became nothing more than a political hack, in the vein of Hannity, Limbaugh, etc... Meaning nothing worth listening to.

So, Jorge, sorry 'bout your damned luck. You made your bed, lie in it...whilst lying about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That sentiment has been around for a long time, but anytime we voiced our opinion, we were chastised as haters, racists, and bigots even though not supporting illegal immigration doesn't fit any of the three.

Yes, that sentiment has been around for some time and Trump was able to capitalize off of it.

The stuff Ramos discusses is not what you are describing. He is talking about the hatred we have seen pouring out of people since Trump came along.

Perhaps you could comment on that?

Had that not been an issue, Trump wouldn't have had to bring it up. Now we can discuss it without being chastised by anyone important.

He brought it up because it was a successful propaganda tool to get votes and support.

Are you guys new or naive to politics?

Of course he was able to capitalize off of it. We're finally able to voice our opinion, too, because of it. What we're pouring out isn't something new, it's something finally being taken into consideration instead of getting lambasted and tossed to the side.

Calling out illegals isn't propaganda. Propaganda is biased and/or misleading information, so if one of us have been fooled by biased and/or misleading information, it's you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join