It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switch Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hey, ATS

I'm about half way through Zelda and am thinking about the next game to play. After perusing Nintendo's game store, I couldn't see anything appealing. Is it true the Switch is just the "Zelda Machine?"

I'm gonna play Mario Odyssey eventually, but I'm wondering if anyone has any game recommendations aside from RPGs and racing games.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TucketIf you've never played Skyrim i'd recommend that. It's an excellent game with ALOT of content.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There's plenty solid games depending on what you like. As mentioned, Skyrim is highly recommended. Also Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if you're into open-world RPG games.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Xenoblades Chronicles 2.

After I beat it I am going back to Zelda.

I bought the system late :p

edit: oh aside from RPG? well crapso

Disgaea 5 but its SRPG

Could always get Cuphead on Switch when it comes out

Get ready to make this face

edit on 19-12-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Shovel Knight was a fun platformer on PC I guess it's well suited to Switch.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh btw another RPG but more Diablo style.

Titan Quest is coming to switch, its an old game but they just did a new dlc for it that basically made it modern.

Good times ahead.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Switch console and get stuck into Warthunder. Best game i've ever played.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Although I don't have Switch, I loved Xenoblade Chronicals X on Wii U, and still do...Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is out for Switch and its supposed to be fantastic and it looks awesome. I am getting XBOX 1 X fo Christmas, I had to make a choice, I already have a Wii U and Xbox One. This time I thought I would go for more power, its not a PC, but X1X is pretty great for a console, and I cant wait for santa! For now I am getting the X, but really want both so badly. My partner doesn't get it. He isn't a gamer.

Xenoblade should give you hundreds of hours of gameplay. Xenoblade X on Wii U, I thought was epic, 2 on Switch is supposed to be even better. I had 3 games each with over 150 hours. Single player only. So if 2 is even better, it is a must have JRPG.

Another Epic game, if you have not played it on any other system, believe it or not, I must be the only gamer to not have played Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I have played the re-master on XB1 free play days, it was cool, but will easily take 60+ hours and I just scratched the surface in the time I had with it.

Best of all you can take your games with you, Mario Odyssey, is supposed to be GOTY material and super fun. Instant classic.

edit on 19-12-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Switch is ok, but Wii U is so much better. If your unit breaks, it's only around 60.00 bucks to fix it. If you switch over to 'switch', you can't use any of the wii u games you purchased, online or off.

I think Nintendo made a mistake with this new unit, and from what i've seen, it's not as fantastic as they make it out to be.

That's my two cents.

WarCraft, used to be one of my favorite games! Old School

edit on 20-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan
a reply to: TucketIf you've never played Skyrim i'd recommend that. It's an excellent game with ALOT of content.

I was going to say the same thing. One of my teens is begging for a Switch, just to be able to play Skyrim anywhere. One can spend a lot of time in that game! All of mine enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Obviously by now Odyssey is available and fantastic, with more hidden content than anything else I have ever seen.
There is always Mario Kart - more of an upgrade than new game though.
As a Switch owner, I am frustrated by the lack of games to choose from.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Havent played it myself yet but to echo the rest of the thread, xenoblade looks awesome and should please a zelda fan.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I bought Mario Kart 8 deluxe the other day. Already have 8 on wii u but that console is in my son's bedroom now so not so accessible. Deluxe is good, play it with my youngest and we have fun, that is all I needed it to do.

new topics

top topics

join