It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say my name, say my name..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was in the bathroom brushing my hair, the rest of my family were doing various other things in adjacent rooms.

Out of nowhere I hear a man's voice say my name clear as day. I of course answer "what". No answer, so I go see who is calling me,
nobody, but they all heard me question what.

I was wide awake, there wasn't a radio or tv on. I don't consider myself crazy, or anything that would make me hear voices. It wasn't
scary or alarming in any way but I did feel it was to grab my attention. It has been bothering me for days.

I've talked to older folks about it and every single one has heard names called, or other voices also. What on earth is this?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You just had contact with Walter Whites alter ego, Heisenberg.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Say my name, say my name..

Rumpelstiltskin, Rumpelstiltskin, Rumpelstiltskin.

Or better:

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm Don't let it bother you. I go to sleep every night knowing that the previous owner shot and killed his wife here. He shot himself in the head but he died at the hospital.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When no one is around you, say baby I love you, if you ain't runnin' game........

Sorry, I had to

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Wow! That's is pretty darn creepy! Luckily this is a newer house and nothing creepy happened here that I know of.

There was a house in our old neighborhood that was for sale for a long time. It was a great house in a nice neighborhood and I finally asked the neighbor what was up, he said the guy hung himself in the living room. I guess they did disclose that to potential buyers and nobody wanted to buy it.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i've had that happen before, but i don't think it's supernatural.

our brains are just strange, they get a little funny sometimes.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Was it anything like this?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm My house is in a nice neighbor hood and is the biggest on the block. Even has a pool and I got it cheap as hell. Just because of the murder though. I get a little creeped out sometimes but I try not to think about it. I actually have the news paper article hanging in my common room.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The house I live in is newer, we did buy it from a pastor but it just doesn't have any creepy feelings to it. I know because I've lived in some really creepy houses.

The land that our house sits on does have some interesting history. It was settled by Irish immigrants and many were called on and died during the civil war. The graveyard where they are all buried isn't that far away. I know most of their names and have read all about them. The old house they used to live in is still standing and that is super creepy. I can see a small portion of it from my yard.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You can "clear them out" w/some crystals and sage, usually they go back to what is familiar either out of fear, or they want to re-connect. Is Your name the same as someone who has lived there in the past? Multiple deaths contain more 'energy' especially if any fighting was done at that spot.

There are some meditations You can do which could assist You in either ridding it or communicating with 'it'.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Did anybody you knew die recently? After my grandpa died when I was a teen I heard a voice calling me on several occasions. Couldn't see anybody around me and I can't say I recognized his voice but I kinda rationalised it as him trying to contact me.

A common form of auditory hallucination involves hearing one or more talking voices. This may be associated with psychotic disorders, and holds special significance in diagnosing these conditions.[2] However, individuals without any psychiatric diseasewhatsoever may hear voices.[3]

Wikipedia

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Yes, my father in law.

I think what confuses/shocks/perplexes me the most is how clearly I heard it.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

When it happened to me it felt like somebody was shouting really loud directly behind me. Sounds like your experience is quite similar. Never happened again after those few times and that was over 30 years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Out of nowhere I hear a man's voice say my name clear as day. I of course answer "what". No answer, so I go see who is calling me,
nobody, but they all heard me question what.

It's called clairaudience.

It's not bad. Wait until you begin to both "see and hear" things and people that aren't there.

The people usually come up "mumbling" something and focusing on you, until you pretend they are not there, and then they move away.

The trick is not to give it any attention.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Aural hallucinations are quite common and the most common one is to hear you name called. It's happened to me literally dozens of times. It's actually a question used by court clinicians to try to discover if someone is lying about hearing voices. They will ask if they've ever heard their name called and turned and no one was there. If they say no, it is suspected the individual is lying to cover up more intense hallucinations.

Having said that, I'd pay attention. I don't think it's a reason to be scared but more like a head's up. Have you been reading or studying anything occultic lately?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

It has never happened to me before ever. The only thing remotely close was dreaming about a deceased love one telling me something. I was asleep and knew it was a dream. This time I was perfectly awake. I sincerely hope I don't see anything and no I don't read or practice the occult.

On a bizarre side note, my family name is one that is associated with witches and some thought we were actually part of the Salem witch trials, and witchcraft in England. This is something I heard a long time ago. I do have a relative that has been "visited" by my great grandmother on various occasions, and was even said to have rescued a cousin from a burning house. The voice I heard was distinctly male, and friendly.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I think it's very cool, to be honest. But it's also very common. So if it's scaring you, just chalk it up to being human.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

That sounds like where I live. The previous owner got into a drunken fight with his best friend, and shot him with a 1911 .45, right in the dining area. This happened a few years before we moved in, the house went into receivership due to unpaid taxes, my landlord bought it, fixed it up and rented to us. It was almost a fluke that we found out, just happened to be Googleing the address for more pics, as the listing didn't have very many, and my wife found the article. Pretty crazy. Some of my neighbors remember when it happened... Dude was the son of someone pretty famous in her day, and his dad was a big time cop here...however he still got the book thrown at him. Shot his own best friend over a petty argument... Sad.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thats the first thing i heard about 12 years before full on voices started.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join