It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The final tax bill is ready.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

And if it doesn't work individual taxes will rise and corporate taxes won't.
Actually, individual taxes will rise either way. And corporate taxes won't.

This thing was slammed together too fast. Like the health care thing. Only this time it is going to become law.

edit on 12/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It sounds like a good place to live.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And if it doesn't work individual taxes will rise and corporate taxes won't.
Actually, individual taxes will rise either way. And corporate taxes won't.

This thing was slammed together too fast. Like the health care thing. Only this time it is going to become law.

Only if the current law remains in place would that happen. If it doesn't work, forget 'net neutrality', this will result in a change in Administrations and the current version will be history.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong..........I am actually glad we are doing something. You are right doing nothing more than likely got us in this mess.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
oh thats not true at all. Millions of people in this country work everyday without a car. They bike, walk, jog, or take P2P and public transit. Carpooling even. Its really case by case. Many people work close to home and prefer to ride their bike. I rode my bike to work for years and back home, and we had two cars. It was close enough for me to enjoy some exercise and save gas/pollution.

The automobile is not a mandatory equipment required to survive in North America. It may be the case in very specific rural localities where they have to drive their trucks all around the county to do jobs here and there. But not overall or in general.

Come on Tax reform, cant get here soon enough!

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
oh thats not true at all. Millions of people in this country work everyday without a car. They bike, walk, jog, or take P2P and public transit. Carpooling even. Its really case by case. Many people work close to home and prefer to ride their bike. I rode my bike to work for years and back home, and we had two cars. It was close enough for me to enjoy some exercise and save gas/pollution.

The automobile is not a mandatory equipment required to survive in North America. It may be the case in very specific rural localities where they have to drive their trucks all around the county to do jobs here and there. But not overall or in general.

In the cities, at least in the NW, are moving quickly to bike lanes with massive increases in bicycle commuting as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Nice.
But here in Idaho and eastern Washington and western Montana the jobs and towns are 30 miles between and steep grades. All trump country. They are counting on those rural trickle down good paying jobs. The nearest city is 100 miles either direction.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Quite true. My father has walked to work nearly every day since I was a kid. I believe it's one of the reasons he's still relatively healthy for his age. I remember a guy we used to pass on the way to school every day, who walked to work from the next town. I saw where he lived, and where he worked. It was about 3 miles. Walked there and back every day. There are ways to make things work that some people would just use as an excuse to give up. All it normally requires is some will.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think Republicans did make a mistake in not making this retroactive on 2017. Here's why: ok it takes effect in 2018. A lot of people really don't understand their taxes though. The only changes they're going to see in their take home pay is the bracket reductions. A lot of people won't redo their W4 to account for the changes. Those people won't see most of the benefit from this until they do their 2018 tax return. That's after the midterms. It would've been wise to make this retroactive so people would see the immediate benefit in their 2017 return, and then redo their W4s and see more of the benefit in their paychecks.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Well of course where possible anything is possible.

Like terrain makes some hiking to work, stores, doctors, ER, impossible.

Here where I live, in the PNW a 30 mile jaunt is fine if you are a bird. Otherwise, it’s really a 60 mile jaunt. With bears, wild felines and rattlesnakes.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
With so much natural danger lingering in your locality, I hope you are bearing arms for protection ...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well I don’t hike the prairies, woods, mountains anymore. I walk the town park.

Everyone has rifles of course. Except tourist who think bears are cute.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yes good point, but most of the positive effects of this bill wont materialize before the mid-terms anyway. Takes a while for the economy to pick up, but if it does, the US will be in great shape just in time for the next presidential election and Trump will be easily reelected on 4%+ economic growth & record unemployment numbers alone. Plus they'll probably retake the House which is pretty much gone in 2018 at this point IMO.
Of course long term the deficit will continue to rise even more than under Obama and lack of state funded investments in infrastructure will really start to hurt.
Doubt it will happen before 2020, but Trump and the Republicans are already hinting at cutting entitlements. They'll end up losing the White House anyway in 2024 if Trump wins in 2020, so why not.
edit on 20-12-2017 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

A prophet. Alrighty. I look forward to getting some trickle down. God knows, there’s you and I’m listening to prez right now, promising all kinds of goodies that the rich are going to do. Yee Haw. Love it when debts and deficits don’t matter anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm pretty neutral on this bill, it's better than their first attempt so that's a positive. I would be surprised if this one does anything good or bad though.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I'm pretty neutral on this bill, it's better than their first attempt so that's a positive. I would be surprised if this one does anything good or bad though.

It had better do far more good than bad, IMO.

This IS Trump's bill. Yes, the Republicans voted it in, but they basically had no choice as failure to pass it after reneging on cancelling the ACA? They'd be toast with their base.

This is Trump's, no matter the result. If it works, and I believe it will, then he's next to a shoe-in in 2020. If it doesn't, he'll be cut off at the knees after four. Just my opinion though.
edit on 20-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

Yes good point, but most of the positive effects of this bill wont materialize before the mid-terms anyway. Takes a while for the economy to pick up, but if it does, the US will be in great shape just in time for the next presidential election and Trump will be easily reelected on 4%+ economic growth & record unemployment numbers alone. Plus they'll probably retake the House which is pretty much gone in 2018 at this point IMO.
Of course long term the deficit will continue to rise even more than under Obama and lack of state funded investments in infrastructure will really start to hurt.
Doubt it will happen before 2020, but Trump and the Republicans are already hinting at cutting entitlements. They'll end up losing the White House anyway in 2024 if Trump wins in 2020, so why not.

The economic effects for sure, but that wasn't what I was talking about. If they made it retroactive to 2017, a lot of people would've seen a big difference in their refunds this April since they'd been paying in under the old rules. Lots of those people who got much bigger returns than normal would probably be motivated to vote R in November.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: mightmight

A prophet. Alrighty. I look forward to getting some trickle down. God knows, there’s you and I’m listening to prez right now, promising all kinds of goodies that the rich are going to do. Yee Haw. Love it when debts and deficits don’t matter anymore.

Trickle down is already happening

There's been a few other announcements today I heard, I'll see if I can find them.

ETA: Here's another one
edit on 20 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Tax Policy Center says 80% of Americans will see benefit from tax plan

Are they just a bunch of Nazi right-wing Trump supporters over there? Last I checked, they're not.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I’m sure. Debts and deficits don’t matter to Wal street anymore either. This is great. A debt jubilee.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join