It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stuff' your puppy...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's not unusual. The British upper class used to stuff their dogs and even horses. You can still see them in the aristocratic houses on the National Trust tours today. I think some of you are going over the top on your over reaction to this. Just let it go. Really. You're acting as deranged as the lady who lost her dog.

You’re entitled to your opinion... but just because it’s been done by the aristocratic societies doesn’t make it a “ healthy “way to immortalize an animal.

Lots of things were and are done by aristocratic societies that would be frowned upon today.

But to each their own. In this case I think it would be detrimental to her health to have a reminder of such a tragic event in her puppies life.

Respectfully, deranged Sheye 😜
edit on 16-12-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Read the title: " 'Stuff' your puppy... ".

Thought it was a South-Korean holiday recipe.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's not unusual. The British upper class used to stuff their dogs and even horses. You can still see them in the aristocratic houses on the National Trust tours today. I think some of you are going over the top on your over reaction to this. Just let it go. Really. You're acting as deranged as the lady who lost her dog.

I'm not acting.

And as for the Britts stuffing their animals? Do tell me they're not taking them to bed to 'cuddle' as this young woman wants to do?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Ohhh now that would get the thread running amok wouldn't it.

And I just heard they're eating 'dog' in Hawaii. Wow.

Activists Work to Shut Down Hawaii’s Underground Dog Meat Industry
edit on 1247Saturday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
People get their pets freeze dried today.
mother nature network
edit on b000000312017-12-16T16:06:42-06:0004America/ChicagoSat, 16 Dec 2017 16:06:42 -0600400000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I don’t see how stuffing her pet will help heal the trauma of losing him. Looking at her stuffed dog will only serve to remind her of the cruel death he succumbed to. 😕

She is not being rational in her state of mourning and hopefully she realizes this would only prolong the intense pain of losing her beloved pet in such a horrendous way.

I think she wants it stuffed to be a constant reminder, probably right next to his easy chair, forever staring at him with glass eyes.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't do this myself, because it would keep me from getting over them, I think. But I don't have any sort of problem with it. It's been done for decades and longer. To each his own.

I have my deceased pups cremated. Anybody think that's weird too?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The problem with taxidermy is there's always the chance it could come back looking like this ...

Which could be even more traumatic.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh dear.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The freeze dried ones actually look pretty good.
I could not get the link to work, but if you search 'freeze dried pets' there are some pretty good examples available to look at.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I actually kind of want that.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I could not get the link to work, but if you search 'freeze dried pets' there are some pretty good examples available to look at.

After Gortex's post, I'm not sure I want to see them. Know what I mean Jellybean?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Tried searching that, and found something called:" Cold Wife - Sad Life : Frozen Wife - Happy Life ".
If you order the premium package: your recently deceased wife will come equipped with roller-skates, a remote-control, and a sammich tray.

In a related story: Wayne Spaghettinoodle of Witchteetz Saskatchewan, was arrested for attempting to get his neighbor: Tammy Doublewhammy, to fall asleep in a bathtub he had filled with ice cubes.

Why would the girl want to get her poor little doggie stuffed? Maybe her dumb violent ex should get something stuffed?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

8-15,000? I’m in the wrong business. Tell her i’ll do it for $7,500

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't agree at all. Cuddling a taxidermy body will probably also having it fall apart, probably quite quickly. Not sure if an already grieving person would be ready for that. Speaking of that they should go through the stages of grief in another, more healthy-as mentioned- manor. Such as there are plenty of dogs, even small breeds, who need homes that one can adopt from a shelter or other if this person really need companionship. As the dead companionship isn't going to help in the long run.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oooops, this is not the food thread.

misleading headlines piss me off.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wasn't going to mention it but, parts of the Philippines and China make dog stuffing look like a trip to the toy store.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Just like there are places in South America where Guinea pig is a fine supper.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep - dress them up in little outfits, parade them about, hug up to them and then at the end of the day?

BBQ!

Piggy Fest

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You know ... I've been thinking about this, and when they told you to kill yourself, you should have back-pedaled and said something like ... wait! you don't get it. Why stuff it when you can clone it?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join