It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharma billionaire and wife found dead in 'suspicious' case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Canadian police are investigating the mysterious deaths of the billionaire founder of Canadian pharmaceutical firm Apotex, Barry Sherman, and his wife, Honey, 

“The circumstances of their death appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” said police officer David Hopkinson. Homicide detectives later told reporters gathered outside the home that there were no signs of forced entry.

TextSherman, 75, founded privately held Apotex in 1974. He stepped down as chief executive in 2012 but remained as executive chairman. Forbes has estimated his net worth at $3.2bn.

Apotex employs 11,000 people and is the world’s seventh largest generic drugmaker, according to its website.

Pharma billionaire and wife found dead in 'suspicious' case

Just wondering if this might be related?

How Big Pharma Sandbags Generic Competition.

ETA1

Just a few years ago, generic drug makers owned just a small slice of the pharmaceutical drug market. Today, generics are a formidable segment of the industry and are on track to surpass branded drugs in sales value as well as sales volume within a few years, according to industry analysts.

The Top 7 Generic Drug Companies

ETA2 There is also a series of supposedly suspicious holistic doctor deaths to consider when looking at the potentially dark side of big pharma.

THE NUMBER OF SUSPICIOUSLY DEAD DOCTORS IS NOW 81…

ETA3 Big pharma vs generic drugs also ties into the opioid crisis

Drugwatch Report Shows Big Pharma Created Opioid Crisis.
edit on 16-12-2017 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Hubris is always followed by nemesis.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Whilst i agree with your statement in general,i just want to clarify - do you mean the hubris of global BigPharma in general? I do not know the murdered individual,but i do know the end is approaching,the end of the era where people can not afford ethicals that they desperately need.The generics industry is literally a life saver for millions in the long run.
edit on 16-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

edit on 16-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: Grammar

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

THE NUMBER OF SUSPICIOUSLY DEAD DOCTORS IS NOW 81…

Did you see this bit at the end of the article?

Lorich's work in Haiti raises the possibility that he may have learned something about the origins of the quake, or the "aid" scandals dogging the Clinton Foundation, in which case he might be viewed as the latest Arkancide.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I am pretty certain that this is a murder but will it be properly investigated, was it staged to look like a robbery or something and indeed as you say was this an act by Big Pharma over some issue.
Also of note according to the BBC red button text news on our TV's over here it was an estate agent that found the body's, now why would an estate agent be there, was the man actually selling his property and actually having secret financial problem's that have not yet come to light but then again I am thinking estate agent equal's property sales but of course this could have been a property management company of some kind whose agent found them and just called an estate agent for some reason.
Very odd, who stand's to gain from his death if he had no children.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767 Well first I would like to say that yes this was most likely staged. But second people sell their homes all the time. For all you know they were about to buy a bigger home or just retire and RV it around. That man was a G in the biz and his wife was a very smart lady. I will miss him dearly and also his wife.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Alternatively a hate crime angle:

In Toronto, Barry and Honey Sherman’s generosity is legendary. Over the last four decades, they have donated millions of dollars to medical research and health-care facilities, as well as vital community organizations such as the United Jewish Appeal and the United Way.
In Memoriam: Barry and Honey Sherman.

In the articles I read it said police were called to the home Friday afternoon over a “medical complaint. Not sure if/how that fits with the estate agent. Maybe the info he gave to the police (?) is what now is being reported as medical complaint.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

According to wikipedia his name is Bernard, not Barry, and he has 4 children. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

yes they were selling their house...I feel for the poor re estate lady that had the unfortunae experience of finding their bodies.......lets see when more info comes out..

were there financial problems
were there medical problems
were they murdered

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That seems to be based on a citation error!

15. Cite error: The named reference gbobit was invoked but never defined (see the help page).

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Well, according to the wiki article he had $3.2 billion in the bank. I doubt they had financial troubles.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Interesting edit to his Wiki entry on February 23, 2010:

02:22, 23 February 2010‎ Johnathan Vrozos (talk | contribs)‎ . . (6,435 bytes) (-62)‎ . .

(Deleted a link that incorrectly associated the individual to organized crime figures within Canada. He is an upstanding citizen worth over $3Billion, prob posted by lawsuit claimants)

Link

ETA: And when I googled the name of the person that deleted the info (Johnathan Vrozos), it got even more interesting:

Ford defends meeting with impresario involved in ‘fraud’ at SARS event - Entertainment impresario Johnathan Vrozos was successfully sued for “reprehensible” actions during the 2003 post-SARS benefit concert.

edit on 12/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I cannot even fathom what it would be like logging into your bank account and seeing that kind of money.

Even if I only had 10 million I would Vanish and never work again.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Interesting find!

On a different note: with a net worth of several billions - how come there is no mention of a private security detail, personal assistant or such? Did those two just live there alone like average Joe and ordinary Jane?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Drugwatch Report Shows Big Pharma Created Opioid Crisis.

Not only the crisis itself but also a medication for it. Opioid Induced Constipation. If You can't crap You're taking too much.

This also ties in with AFGHANISTAN and their opium production going from 7% in 2001 when TheWar™ started. Add "Private Prisons/Jails"

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Interesting find!

On a different note: with a net worth of several billions - how come there is no mention of a private security detail, personal assistant or such? Did those two just live there alone like average Joe and ordinary Jane?

From the little research I did.. The guy reads like a "real Mensch" a Man beyond reproach. With all these politicians falling in "sex crime investigations" no doubt they'll find a "rat" (someone willing to tattle on co-conspirators) and I'd bet there is a line waiting to paint a picture for some 'rhythm' (less crappy things for them)

I'd bet this guy wouldn't 'play ball' (go against the 'proper/ethical way') and they first went after the wife He loved and then at that point, got to get rid of witnesses/complainants

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Found this....very interesting:

I have no clue as to its validity, but somebody was really angry at Apotex:
www.apotexholocaust.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is another article from May 2011 about someone else that is not happy with Barry Sherman and Apotex:

Orphans Fight RBC's Royal Trust and Apotex's Barry Sherman in Canada's Largest Lawsuits

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
From the little research I did.. The guy reads like a "real Mensch" a Man beyond reproach. With all these politicians falling in "sex crime investigations" no doubt they'll find a "rat" (someone willing to tattle on co-conspirators) and I'd bet there is a line waiting to paint a picture for some 'rhythm' (less crappy things for them)

I'd bet this guy wouldn't 'play ball' (go against the 'proper/ethical way') and they first went after the wife He loved and then at that point, got to get rid of witnesses/complainants

Oh wow...that is not the impression I am getting, at all.

Even his orphaned cousins sued him.

edit on 12/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I am pretty certain that this is a murder but will it be properly investigated, was it staged to look like a robbery or something and indeed as you say was this an act by Big Pharma over some issue.

They have 4 kids.

But, since they put the property up for sale, it could just be a robbery gone bad. The robber probably looks for high value homes that go on the market to target, since they often have high priced furniture and artwork, and also often with nobody home, since the sellers like to let the real estate agent show the property without them being in the house.

The robber probably didn't expect anybody to be at home, and was surprised when he/she/they found the people there, which led to an altercation, and ended up with the owners being dead, so they couldn't identify the robber(s).

Since they were "billionaires" with net worth about $3.2 billion, it's unlikely that a $7million dollar home would be sold just for financial reasons. They probably planned to move somewhere else for retirement, and this home sale was just part of their retirement plan.

Of course, the husband could be involved in some dark secret society, which enabled him to get so rich, and something went wrong in his relationship with the other bad dudes, so they bumped him off. Since there was no sign of break and entering, that could be the scenario. People they knew, and let into the house, did them in.

Then again it could be on or more of the 4 kids, wanting dad's inheritance now.

Kid goes to mom and dad and tells them they badly need some cash, and billionar dad says "no", go work and earn it, and kid takes the short cut.

Follow the money. Who benefits? Maybe other share holders in the big pharma? Maybe he was in disagreement about keeping some delicate info about side effects of a drug secret, to continue to profit, verses releasing that info to save lives?

Who knows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join