It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperspeed solved?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hello, ATS

I have an idea for how humans can traverse Space at speeds much faster than what already exists. My idea hinges on the concept of slingshots. Simple, right? You put the rock in the sling and pull the sling back the desired amount based on how far you want to shoot the rock. In my concept, the rock is the spaceship and space/time is the sling.

This is not the same as the Fibonacci sequence. Basically, in the F.S. a spaceship travels within a bubble where Space is contracted in front and expanded in back. In my idea, the spaceship stretches Space like a rubberband and the spaceship propels as the rubberband snaps back to its original position. I need to figure how far the "rubberband" needs to be pulled, and how fast the spaceship could actually go. Oh, and of course, how to actually stretch. Space/time....I'm thinking with gravity somehow. Anyway, to be continued.

Doing this from my cell so I don't have pics, and I don't know which formula(s) I need to use in order to figure the specifics, but what does ATS think? Does my idea have wings? Pun intended.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

What benefits does this have over Fibonacci sequence?

Also with Fibonacci sequence, that “bubble” you mentioned? Well that “bubble” just happens to be an alternate dimension and therefore the ship wouldn’t experience the deadly acceleration.

In your idea does the ship and it’s occupants experience acceleration?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Something I was pondering:

I didn't mention in the graphic that the interesting thing about this arrangement is that the flying saucer will continue to fall toward the phantom mass and the phantom mass will continue to be projected out in front of the saucer, making it fall and accelerate in space for as long as the mass is projected in front of it. How fast could it potentially go? Pretty fast with no need for additional fuel. Relativistic speeds.
edit on 14-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think that the real answer lies in "quantum magic".

What I have thought so far on how quantum magic works:

In the quantum mechanics world, if you bring particles to same energy state, they will behave as one big particle. That is called a Bose-Einstein condensate. Like liquid helium. It is cooled down towards absolute zero when the gas phase transitions over to a liquid. The rules of the quanta affect the liquid helium as one giant particle. You need to do that to your ship so your ship becomes wrapped and then behaves like a particle.

That would be the first step and about as far as I have gotten. The other thing needed is a gravity shield. Too much energy goes into moving mass around so lessen, or even better, remove the effects of gravity. Maybe the side effect of removing gravity causes your ship to behave in a quantum manner (like mentioned above)??

How that is done, if it can be done at all, then you need some kind of propulsion. You can travel as fast as you can generate energy to move yourself.

Those are my half-witted ideas and all faults are my own!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
I think that the real answer lies in "quantum magic".

What I have thought so far on how quantum magic works:

In the quantum mechanics world, if you bring particles to same energy state, they will behave as one big particle. That is called a Bose-Einstein condensate. Like liquid helium. It is cooled down towards absolute zero when the gas phase transitions over to a liquid. The rules of the quanta affect the liquid helium as one giant particle. You need to do that to your ship so your ship becomes wrapped and then behaves like a particle.

That would be the first step and about as far as I have gotten. The other thing needed is a gravity shield. Too much energy goes into moving mass around so lessen, or even better, remove the effects of gravity. Maybe the side effect of removing gravity causes your ship to behave in a quantum manner (like mentioned above)??

How that is done, if it can be done at all, then you need some kind of propulsion. You can travel as fast as you can generate energy to move yourself.

Those are my half-witted ideas and all faults are my own!

Thanks for your contribution!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

What benefits does this have over Fibonacci sequence?

Also with Fibonacci sequence, that “bubble” you mentioned? Well that “bubble” just happens to be an alternate dimension and therefore the ship wouldn’t experience the deadly acceleration.

In your idea does the ship and it’s occupants experience acceleration?

There are no benefits over the Fibonacci sequence as far as I know. It's just an idea I have. I think it's more of an alternative rather than a replacement.

As far as acceleration goes. I'm not sure. I haven't researched that yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Something I was pondering:

I didn't mention in the graphic that the interesting thing about this arrangement is that the flying saucer will continue to fall toward the phantom mass and the phantom mass will continue to be projected out in front of the saucer, making it fall and accelerate in space for as long as the mass is projected in front of it. How fast could it potentially go? Pretty fast with no need for additional fuel. Relativistic speeds.

This reminds me of how Bob Lazar explained how the grays ships operate. Remember “the sport model”?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

This "bubble" business is nothing more than what several of us have been attempting to get across to dense heads for a few years now. It is painfully obvious that about any active UFO witnessed by humans is power by a means that makes them without mass. That, of course, entails a device within them that allows that feature. So it can be a bubble that produces a massless state and therefore allows for phenomenal velocities probably approaching SOL.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I was thinking the same exact thing. Funny how some of his claims are now being talked about.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You seem to have a misconception of what a gravitational wave is. As did Lazar.

It is not a wave of gravity. It is a "ripple" in spacetime. A very tiny one.
edit on 12/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So are you saying hyperspeed is not solved?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah.

I think the Alcubierre "drive" is a good concept but damn, it requires a lot of power.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah.

I think the Alcubierre "drive" is a good concept but damn, it requires a lot of power.

What do you think of my concept, Phage? Using the fabric of space/time as a slingshot....?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I had a similar thought years ago when I was writing a book and had to make up a way for the aliens craft to fly interstellar distances in short periods of time. It had to do with wave function.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What gave you the idea that I have a misconception of what a gravitational wave is?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I found my physics book and am re-reading quantum mechanics section again.

I have not had to use that in such a long time it is like learning it all over again. Some of it easier now. I keep on thinking of things like, "How would that work in a quantum computer?" and, "What other uses can that be for?" It has taken longer but is more enjoyable than rote learning stuff for tests!

Gravity shield... my thoughts are keeping the Higgs Field from interacting with the surface of your ship. I would liken it to a rock in a stream with the water flowing around it. Not the same but that is the general idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
It is painfully obvious that about any active UFO witnessed by humans is power by a means that makes them without mass. That, of course, entails a device within them that allows that feature. So it can be a bubble that produces a massless state and therefore allows for phenomenal velocities probably approaching SOL.

Sure. The theory is that "real" UFOs sometimes use a kind of "consciousness amplifier" to get where/when they want to go. Basically, the machine amplifies the imaginations of the pilots somehow and shifts the machine into the new reality. How this happens is anybody's guess, since we human monkey animals don't really consider concepts as having any inherent energy to amplify. But apparently the aliens don't have that limitation, and it bypasses that whole SOL thing because there's no real mass involved. You imagine where you want to go -- anywhere in space and time -- and you are just there. Pretty nifty.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm not sure how it would work. If you are stretching spacetime you are doing weird things to local gravity, seems you'd be stretching yourself too.

I don't really see where the acceleration would come from either. With a slingshot, the pellet is being pushed by the pocket holding it. Bent spacetime (gravity), as we understand it, doesn't seem to have a pushing effect. Pulling maybe? How is that different from falling into a strong gravity well?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

What gave you the idea that I have a misconception of what a gravitational wave is?

Your sketch. It shows a spaceship projecting gravitational waves which attract the spaceship?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join