It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I? What am I? Why am I?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnorantGod

Why am i?
I [am] just [snip] an instrument from the universe to create order in the chaos, so I can efficiently disperse energy from my living time, with the help of emotions and thoughts, by manipulating the matter around me, [and help to regulate matter, emotions, and thoughts].

You are who you want to be, you are what you fight to become. Make your answer, out of you. No one can tell you what that is, but you. Once you find it, cling to it with all your might.

You accurately answer what you are, your body and your mind, and you even go so far as to say,

If I focus on human group, then I can clearly have a function in the community, which can have a goal. All members are a part of the group, which all have the same goal, the purpose of the gathering in the first place. So as part of the system, we all the same path, and everyone contribute to achieve. So what's the goal of the part of my system, my body? Keeping me alive? Then how can I achieve this purpose? 

The goal of any system is to stay the system. Which means fighting death. Your body does it, by the above process. Until it forgets how, thanks to entropy. Humans could do the above process, and if we did we would achieve utopia. The answer for you(r mind) is to do the same: achieve unity. Coherency. Lucidity.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What is your name? What do you see when you look in the mirror? What are the circumstances that lead to your birth?
These questions will provide demonstrable answers regarding your identity.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope It does give a glimpse for sure. The body gives a lot of informations regarding my physical attributes. Experiences and reactions that are the consequence of these experiences also provide hints about how I'm reasoning. In fact my introduction thread was more about exposing that we don't have any concrete answers, only personal ones. I agree that the best answer we can get is from our body and past, and not only as individuals but also our morphology as a species and our path on this earth. Observation and history would be in my opinion the best bet as of now.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod
a reply to: Itisnowagain

For you, what does "be ready" means? Sorry, my first language isn't English.

Are you referring to this sentence?

Maybe the information you need is being provided - but you are not ready to look.

It is the only time I mentioned 'ready',

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yes that is. I just want to know what's for you to be ready.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yes that is. I just want to know what's for you to be ready.

When you go and look at Peter Browns site and watch his videos that would mean you are 'ready' to look from another perspective.

This is a discussion site so when you come and write a load of questions - you will receive answers. For you to say - "I don't really search for an answer, I don't have enough information for that" - after you have been given information or a way of looking to see what you are - it sort of stops the discussion.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Have you come to a .. half conclusion? I'm inclined towards the illusary version. We're not really here, were just Holo images playing out someone else's twisted imagination.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

From your answer, it seems you believe you're not responsible for you actions, which I highly disagree with. It is a huge problem in society right now, and everyone should take responsability for their acts.

Yeah well then that would cause a lot of blame, guilt, shame and fear.
Before holding yourself and all others responsible - find out what you are!!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Have you seen this?

It is 2 mins long.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: ADSE255

Have you seen this?

It is 2 mins long.

This is fairly compliant with how I view reality.

Funny, I was mindlessly watching 300 when I saw this and looked up twice and smiled because at 0:19 into the movie the guy on the video you posted asking questions resembled closely the zombie on 300.

Had to add that one in sorry.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I didn't ask for his perspective but yours.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't search because I believe it's not the way to find the answer.

You are correct.
If the seeking ceases the seeker will vanish.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I didn't ask for his perspective but yours.

The way it is seen here is...............there is simply seeing. There isn't really things and you have believed that you are a thing. Forget every thing and look.

Is there any thing looking? Or is there just seeing happening?
edit on 13-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I think I understand where you're coming with this :

The way it is seen here is...............there is simply seeing.

But I disagree with this point of view. What would be the purpose of the eye, if there would be nothing to see? Correct me if I'm wrong, because it is supposition from me of your vision from your answer. So you believe the mind is from another world, and that the physical one doesn't really exist, but only in our peceptions? If that so, why would the mind create a world where it needs to create a physical "avatar" for it to interact with the matter? Is it for learning from a mortal point of view? If so, we shouldn't search for our origin because it would destroy the main purpose of our presence here. From this optic, the origin would better be hid from our physical awareness, so we can continue to fully learn from the "everything has an end" no?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

But I disagree with this point of view. What would be the purpose of the eye, if there would be nothing to see?

The assumption is that there is a thing called a 'seer' that sees 'what there is to see' - this makes two - the seer and the seen. But really, reality is not made of two - it is just this that is - the seer and seen are one - not two. So there is simply 'seeing' in which the appearance appears to be appearing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because it is supposition from me of your vision from your answer. So you believe the mind is from another world, and that the physical one doesn't really exist, but only in our peceptions?

The mind is not from another world - there is not another anything - there is simply what there is.
Right here and right now these words are appearing - there is sound appearing and sensation but none of this could appear without 'the witnessing presence'.
All that appears is passing - but the 'witnessing' never passes - it is constant.

If so, we shouldn't search for our origin because it would destroy the main purpose of our presence here.

You are only ever knowing yourself - is there a purpose to that?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jim Scott

Does inaction also help define one's character?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
a reply to: Jim Scott

Does inaction also help define one's character?

Are you the character that is appearing?
Or are you what is aware that there is a character appearing?
Can any character appear if there is no 'witnessing'?
edit on 17-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

I believe inaction is a sort of action. To me, deciding to not do any action in an "X" situation gives a glimpse of one's mentality/belief/wisdom/will.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well The great I am is of course who you are and is the station for your choices and ego.. but at the latent levels of the subconscious and stays at the unconscious, it is there where other people are rooted into you.. like a bridge that at one end occupies a persons totality.. and the other end the other persons.. but its whats in the middle which may be called both and two different selves merge..

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So , a Philosopher are Yee ? Answers are the Rarest Form of Knowledge in the Universe , Keep Trying..............)
edit on 17-12-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join