It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants you to go back to the Moon, America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
President Trump has really "made the grade" over this! Well done!

Have a video, Major Tom!

edit on 11-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Did Trump just do something I kind of support????

Yeah.
We need to set up a base on the Moon. From there, we could more easily launch manned trips to Mars.
From Mars, we could take trips further out, maybe some of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn.
If we hadn't stopped in the 1970's.... we could already have people on Mars.

That was all a ruse. They needed a shuttle to build a space station to better spy on the world and capture and bring back 'enemy' satellite tech.

What you think the cargo bays are for, one way deliveries? I would show you the inside of one upon return...

but thats classified

A shuttle is not going to intercept a satellite and then bring it back down with it.

Oh I know that, especially since not one image of the return cargo bay, empty or otherwise in in the pubic realm.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What do you think they retrieve up there? Genuine question.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Did Trump just do something I kind of support????

I didn't think that was possible. Every day is a new day!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I feel like he's been reading ATS.

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I find no justification for not having a base in the moon after all these years of space exploration. I'm not asking something too big, maybe and remote controlled observatory. There has to be an intentional delay. I'd say Moon first, then Mars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-12-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I think he's been reading ATS for many moons.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The moon just tweeted " Stay away from me you weirdos"

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think the Chinese will have a moon base established before NASA can get a vehicle to get us there. I would rather see private enterprise take over the space race. NASA is a black hole for appropriations with it's bloated budget. It's been almost 50 years....we should be mining the moons of Jupiter and growing corn on Uranus.

edit on 11-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nice idea, and one I fully support but lets be honest I am not sure NASA could lead an innovative anything.

They should be able to get us to the moon with some ease, if you remove the fact that they will try to cram every wonder gadget into the delivery system possible making it almost impossible to get into space.

I have little faith in what is essentially a govt run program being able to design and build a safe dependable delivery system without 200% bloat.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: Peeple

It's not nostalgic at all. It might prove to be necessary to get further away. And kind of cool too. How long will this take?

Knowing Trump it is. Of course for Science it is great news with lots of new cash to spend.

No other President has had any interest. Yes, I repeat, with Trump is it is a sense of nostalgia and pride, you better, you better, you bet. Do ya like him now?

Well, there was one president that had interest. John Kennedy once said, the United States will put a man on the moon before the end of the decade. That was in the early sixties. We got to the moon in '69.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

OPFOR technology.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: Peeple

It's not nostalgic at all. It might prove to be necessary to get further away. And kind of cool too. How long will this take?

Knowing Trump it is. Of course for Science it is great news with lots of new cash to spend.

No other President has had any interest. Yes, I repeat, with Trump is it is a sense of nostalgia and pride, you better, you better, you bet. Do ya like him now?

Well, there was one president that had interest. John Kennedy once said, the United States will put a man on the moon before the end of the decade. That was in the early sixties. We got to the moon in '69.

Brilliant use of resources by the President. Keep the nations military busy outdoing the Russians in a 'moon race' instead of an arms race or outright Nookler-mageddon.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

OPFOR technology.

Okay, I just googled that and Google started listening.

Edit: I probably accidentally activated the Mic.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

OPFOR technology.

Okay, I just googled that and Google started listening...

I guess you're onto something there bud.

'Pure' speculation

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yep. Weird though, that's never happened before.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Apart from in this report

ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Apart from in this report

ntrs.nasa.gov...

PDF and Pics of Pre mission loading of old shuttle cargo bay is not pics of return cargo bay of XB37, either.

But since you mentioned old shuttle, that space platform had a capture arm, too.

I expected you to come out defecting here, just like you did when I wondered where Hubble pics of earth are.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr Wow I feel stupid. I read that and thought what on earth does Arma3 have to do with any of this. Then I sipped some coffee and figured I would google this. But man do I feel dumb.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I feel like he's been reading ATS.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I find no justification for not having a base in the moon after all these years of space exploration. I'm not asking something too big, maybe and remote controlled observatory. There has to be an intentional delay. I'd say Moon first, then Mars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In response to your question in that other thread, the logistics of going direct to Mars from earth surface, ostensibly to establish colonies, is gynormous.

All the fuel, oxygen, water and food required for the transit , de-orbiting, landing and return have to be brought along. At ten thousand dollars a pound to earth orbit, do the math.

Likewise, the construction of a moon base to manufacture the fuel to go to mars requires even more expensive and complex logistics . A lunar orbiting station must first be constructed to ferry crews between ISS and Lunar ISS , before even beginning to establish a moon colony before even considering building a factory to make fuel, grow food, etc, etc.

The film 2001 was nice fantasy and all...
edit on 11-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
H3 mining and the futurea reply to: intrptr What if they created a engine that used helium 3? Then the issue becomes getting the tools to the moon and remotely mining H3 to bring back to the ISS for future endeavors. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join