It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life regression hypnosis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I've thought about trying this for a few years. The guys on Mysterious Universe had a go a few years ago and it sounded like fun. One of them described a life as an administrator at a small port. He worked out of an office near a pier in what he thought was the 19th Century.

It would be very interesting to see what a mind can drag up and how real it can then be. Obviously people report dreams that are profoundly vivid and realistic too. I know I've had dreams about life on other worlds as well as other lives.

the arms I could see were holding a shield in one hand and a spear in the other like I was holding my arms out in front of me...when instructed to look around, I could see that I was near a tall stone wall, and there appeared to be a village...I could see people, quite a few actually, and huts with smoke coming out the tops...I saw horses and carts.

Can you draw? Try and sketch out the clothing and the style of buildings. Draw the spear in as much detail as possible. Did it have a metal head or was it stone? Details. You can use the sketches to do some internet searching without too much conscious reimagining and bias.

One problem is we're exposed (saturated really) to historical imagery and details from birth. Even if you drew a spear that's specific to a region in 2nd Century Siberia, you could never rule out the chance of having seen it in this life. Museums, websites, ATS threads, TV documentaries.

Then again, does it matter as long as the experience catches your attention and creates a good story to tell?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

In my past, I can remember coming from the future, where they had already completely debunked past lives and time travel.

So, although I wouldn't have believed you in the future, I might in the past.

Nobody is asking anyone to believe anybody.... you fail.

The question was and is, has anybody tried this and what were their experiences?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I've thought about trying this for a few years. The guys on Mysterious Universe had a go a few years ago and it sounded like fun. One of them described a life as an administrator at a small port. He worked out of an office near a pier in what he thought was the 19th Century.

It would be very interesting to see what a mind can drag up and how real it can then be. Obviously people report dreams that are profoundly vivid and realistic too. I know I've had dreams about life on other worlds as well as other lives.

the arms I could see were holding a shield in one hand and a spear in the other like I was holding my arms out in front of me...when instructed to look around, I could see that I was near a tall stone wall, and there appeared to be a village...I could see people, quite a few actually, and huts with smoke coming out the tops...I saw horses and carts.

Can you draw? Try and sketch out the clothing and the style of buildings. Draw the spear in as much detail as possible. Did it have a metal head or was it stone? Details. You can use the sketches to do some internet searching without too much conscious reimagining and bias.

One problem is we're exposed (saturated really) to historical imagery and details from birth. Even if you drew a spear that's specific to a region in 2nd Century Siberia, you could never rule out the chance of having seen it in this life. Museums, websites, ATS threads, TV documentaries.

Then again, does it matter as long as the experience catches your attention and creates a good story to tell?

Bingo...as I stated before...I cannot rule out that it was my subconscious merely repeating something I had seen in the past.

I plan to continue this process in the hopes that I can see something that I, myself, can verify.

I think it will take a long time to reach the point where I can focus on details, such as a definitive time and date, perhaps a name... or what not....this was my first attempt at something I am very skeptical of, and I need a lot more information to arrive at a personal conclusion.

I only made this post because I was honestly surprised at my first attempt to do this....

I want to explore this further... but it will take me quite some time to resolve this...

I was hoping that some one else has given this a serious effort and would share their results.

I wish that I had the artistic ability to re-create my vision, but I do not.

To the nay sayers, all I can say is do what I did.... relax in your bed, put in some ear buds.... and let go of your skepticism, and listen to the guys voice and try it for yourself.

The worst you have to lose is probably the most relaxing experience you have ever had, even if you aren't able go back far enough, or a non believer.
edit on R492017-12-10T03:49:51-06:00k4912Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: chr0naut

In my past, I can remember coming from the future, where they had already completely debunked past lives and time travel.

So, although I wouldn't have believed you in the future, I might in the past.

Nobody is asking anyone to believe anybody.... you fail.

The question was and is, has anybody tried this and what were their experiences?

Some people are so... linear!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Yeah, you're taking it the right way. Not too seriously and keeping an open mind.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This video has four people who are regressed - some speak different languages when regressed - they all describe where they are when under hypnosis. In the film they are taken to where they have described - one goes to France and another to Somerset, England. One lady when regressed is so disturbed and they find that she is in a basement - she speaks a Jewish language that no longer exists - she sees her body being taken away after she has been killed.
They could all have been hypnotised prior to the regression to implant the memories - but it is pretty convincing. It is well worth a watch if this sort of thing interests you.

This is one of the comments on you tube:

Wow! Don't judge this documentary by the first 4 1/2 minutes. Keep on watching cause the more it goes the more it gets impressive. Literally a scientific proof of reincarnation.

Yes the first few minutes could put one off - it is good advice.
edit on 10-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Bingo...as I stated before...I cannot rule out that it was my subconscious merely repeating something I had seen in the past.

I plan to continue this process in the hopes that I can see something that I, myself, can verify.

I think it will take a long time to reach the point where I can focus on details, such as a definitive time and date, perhaps a name... or what not....this was my first attempt at something I am very skeptical of, and I need a lot more information to arrive at a personal conclusion.

I only made this post because I was honestly surprised at my first attempt to do this....

I want to explore this further... but it will take me quite some time to resolve this...

I was hoping that some one else has given this a serious effort and would share their results.

I wish that I had the artistic ability to re-create my vision, but I do not.

To the nay sayers, all I can say is do what I did.... relax in your bed, put in some ear buds.... and let go of your skepticism, and listen to the guys voice and try it for yourself.

The worst you have to lose is probably the most relaxing experience you have ever had, even if you aren't able go back far enough, or a non believer.

Don’t mind the nay sayers. I have done a lot of meditation for many years but I haven’t meditated in a few years now because I just haven’t had that quiet environment. I haven’t tried this type of hypnotic regression. I was more into lucid dreaming and astral projections.

I am very surprised you achieved the quality of meditation you did on your first time, you are a natural. Leave the cat out of the room and shut the door because I want to hear more! Hehehe I love the detail you are picking up weather it be from your imagination or not it is very interesting to me, please keep us updated.

By the way I only astral projected twice, I tried it probably like 10 times. lucid dreaming is a piece of cake tho. I will try the video you posted in your OP and keep you updated in this thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I believe past lives exist but I am skeptical on the accuracy of Past life regression hypnosis. I feel like a lot of the so called "past life memories" that were obtain from this session can be made up or influenced by pop culture.

There are a lot of things that could influence the outcome of these sessions. Besides what you've mentioned, if someone truly believes that they have a spiritual soul that is capable of re-entering a human body, then they should also believe that there are other spiritual entities out there that have the ability to influence your thoughts. It's the same reason some people believe that they've truly been abducted by aliens. If you open your mind to them, dark spiritual entities can even recall someone else's life and make you believe it was yours.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I did not try a session last night... the beer was too tasty.

I have also delved into the realm of EVP's.... at least a thousand hours if not more.

I have captured extremely captivating phenomena,,, but at the end of it all... I cannot dismiss the idea that the subconscious mind is the source of this phenomena.

To me, the idea of recording dead people talking is no further a stretch than your mind being able to implant the sounds that are recorded, whether you are aware of the voices being recorded or not.

There is very much a large area of our brains that are not used, and my personal belief is that is the explanation for EVP's and ghosts.

Same goes for what I am now looking into now.... no matter what my experiences are, I am biased towards it being of a subconscious nature.... doesn't make it any less interesting though to explore.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Second attempt today at 2pm.

I wanted to try this while fully awake.

I had better success this time, but can't seem to get a lot of knowledge.

At the part of the session, where he says you see a light and heads toward it... I don't see that...but my surroundings do get brighter noticeably, and I guess I am getting there.

This time when instructed to look at my feet... a saw boots.... brown dirty work type boots and I was standing in a field. Clothing was old type jeans and a red flannel shirt. I distinctly remember the impression of a farmer, a simple farmer maybe late 1800's or somewhere in that time frame.

When instructed to go to my home, a saw a simple but fairly good sized old style log cabin and a barn. The inside of the cabin was simple, I do remember oil type lanterns.

When asked to remember what people called me,,, I clearly saw a woman in a grey dress with long black hair... she was extemely attractive and appeared to me to be of possibly hispanic descent.

She told me..."John, we need to get".....and I lost the rest of it.

There was a small boy present as well.

This time I got a good look at "myself".... about 6ft tall, black curly hair and a beard...seemed to be a happy person, but a simple person.

I do not know where the location was, other than it was late spring/early summertime early morning.

Coming out of this is amazing.... I never have felt so relaxed as I do when this happens.

Can't wait to give it another try.... this time seemed to be easier than my first try and I hope it continues to get easier.

edit on R392017-12-10T15:39:37-06:00k3912Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
After spending some time thinking about this....

I do not believe this is past life regression, but more of a type of lucid dreaming, which allows you to recall your dreams in very vivid detail.

I will continue on with this experiment, mainly because of the incredible relaxation it provides me.

I lean towards lucid dreaming simply because of the suggestion that although you are going in YOUR past, it implants a subconscious seed that you will have a dream, or vision, of something that occurred in the past....it may not have anything to do with you personally though.

All in all it is a very fun thing to do.

Will continue to update this thread with future experiences.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello, interesting topic... s&f

So I don't know much about this topic but everything I do know I learned from an episode of coast to coast I listened to last year. It was mind boggling.

Here's a link.
Coast to Coast YT

...still not sure how to embed...

-Driver

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
We're born once, we die once.
Anything that supports anything other is a mind game perpetrated on you to scam you of your sanity and your cash.

This is probably one of the few times we ever agree

+1

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

We're born once, we die once.

Nothing was ever born so nothing can ever die.
It is the belief in 'things' which brings you to the conclusion that 'you were born'.

edit on 12-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have concluded, based on my personal experiences, that this does nothing for me other than allowing me to relax to a deep state of relaxation, which in itself is a truly rewarding experience.

Onward to the lucid dreams by the same guy.... he has a very nice relaxing voice... try his videos, you have nothing to lose but some very nice deep relaxation.

If anyone had better results than me, by all means post them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join