It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life regression hypnosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Best place I could think of to put this:

I decided to try this for myself, mainly out of curiosity.

This is what I used:

edit on R102017-12-09T20:10:53-06:00k1012Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R112017-12-09T20:11:10-06:00k1112Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

I tried it for the first time last night and I will say it is interesting to say the least.

My cats disturbed me a couple of times, but I was able to reach an extremely relaxed state where I felt like I was floating, instead of laying on the bed.

I did have a vision, what that was will remain for a later date, but it was short and incomplete.

I am curious to know if anyone else has tried this, what results you got, and what methods you used to do so.

I will add that what I saw was very vivid, and I still retain the complete vision today. Weird.

Thanks
edit on R132017-12-09T20:13:43-06:00k1312Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R142017-12-09T20:14:50-06:00k1412Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R162017-12-09T20:16:34-06:00k1612Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I believe past lives exist but I am skeptical on the accuracy of Past life regression hypnosis. I feel like a lot of the so called "past life memories" that were obtain from this session can be made up or influenced by pop culture.
edit on 12/9/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I believe past lives do exist but I am skeptical on the accuracy of Past life regression hypnosis. I feel like a lot of the so called "past life memories" that were obtain from this session can be made up or influenced by pop culture.

That's very possible.

I want to try it at least 7 times before I reach a personal conclusion on whether it actually works for me.

I am skeptical and was a little surprised by the results of the first session...but like you said, it could simply be my subconscious bringing up something I have seen somewhere before.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I know its Hollywoodish, but what if you re-awoke a Demon or entity....? Of a person who was possessed when they died
edit on 9-12-2017 by Plotus because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I believe past lives do exist but I am skeptical on the accuracy of Past life regression hypnosis. I feel like a lot of the so called "past life memories" that were obtain from this session can be made up or influenced by pop culture.

That's very possible.

I want to try it at least 7 times before I reach a personal conclusion on whether it actually works for me.

I am skeptical and was a little surprised by the results of the first session...but like you said, it could simply be my subconscious bringing up something I have seen somewhere before.

The scenario you mentioned at the end there is possible of course, though a true recall of past incarnations is possible too. If you read up on Edgar Cayce's readings ( and there are a WEALTH of them ) you'll see not only did he perform past life regression readings, but some of his cases did follow up research on their specific readings and actually discovered records of the people described as their previous incarnations.

Have you considered seeing a practitioner rather than trying it on your own?
edit on 9-12-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

No... simply because I am so skeptical.

I wanted to try this on my own, and I really like the way this is presented...the guy has a very soothing voice and he states clearly that he is not trying to influence your thoughts, and I heard nothing in the presentation that would lead me.

I am going to try again tonight...if my cats are willing that is. lol

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Keep us informed! In fact, everybody who tries, or HAS tried it ought to share their experiences. It's such an interesting subject...I wish there was more science coming in behind it though....

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is what I saw...for what is is worth....

When it got to the point where he said look at your feet....I looked down and saw bare feet....with leather lace type sandals...the arms I could see were holding a shield in one hand and a spear in the other like I was holding my arms out in front of me...when instructed to look around, I could see that I was near a tall stone wall, and there appeared to be a village...I could see people, quite a few actually, and huts with smoke coming out the tops...I saw horses and carts.

There seemed to be some sort of commotion going on, because the people were moving quickly...they were dressed in what I would describe as a mid-evil type of peasant clothing.

When instructed to go to my house....that is where I lost it because a cat jumped on me and broke my concentration.

That is it in a nutshell...it was very brief....maybe less than 60 seconds.... but extremely vivid and I can still recall it very clearly.

Like I said...I want to try this again. repeatedly.... and see what happens.

For the attempt tonight... I am going to drink a few beers to see if it will help with the relaxation, although I did pretty good cold sober the first time.

Hoping for better results now that I have been through the first session and have an idea of what is going on.
edit on R542017-12-09T21:54:26-06:00k5412Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

We're born once, we die once.

Anything that supports anything other is a mind game perpetrated on you to scam you of your sanity and your cash.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Anything that supports anything other is a mind game perpetrated on you to scam you of your sanity and your cash.
completely unfounded and impossible to prove.

That is, however, your personal opinion on the issue.

I happen to believe our "souls" undergo a cyclic process of life and death, polarizing between the positive and negative energies, swirling around earth, trapped in its gravity well, of sciences still not understood or known.

That is, however, my personal opinion on the issue.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

It's more like only a few people reincarnate, the rest do not reincarnate and only live once.
edit on 12/9/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Considering I am doing this at no cost to me whatsoever other than my own curiosity, that doesn't hold water.

It's just a personal experiment I wanted to try... nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No, I can't 'prove it' to someone who doesn't believe in the Bible.

But one thing I know - and you will find out?

There're no atheists in hell.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A hypnotic state is one of strong, if not extreme, suggestibility.

If you think that reincarnation could be real a hypnotic state could easily present you with "visions" which reinforce your preconceptions.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
A hypnotic state is one of strong, if not extreme, suggestibility.

If you think that reincarnation could be real a hypnotic state could easily present you with "visions" which reinforce your preconceptions.

If you believed that it could be real....

I don't believe that at all.... hence my journey and my experiment.

Never the less, it is a great feeling of deep relaxation... something I haven't had in a long long time... that makes it worth the time right there.
edit on R082017-12-09T23:08:45-06:00k0812Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Sorry, you are both the experimenter and the subject.

That is a 0 (zero) blind experiment.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sorry, you are both the experimenter and the subject.

That is a 0 (zero) blind experiment.

Not for me.... its a personal journey.

Not looking to prove anything to anyone. I was only asking if anyone else had tried this and what their personal results were.

Point being, that if nothing else, it is a very good way to find a truly relaxing state of mind.

This is not by any means a scientific experiment of any sort.
edit on R232017-12-09T23:23:28-06:00k2312Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R242017-12-09T23:24:30-06:00k2412Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R312017-12-09T23:31:56-06:00k3112Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Meditation does have beneficial effects.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Best place I could think of to put this:

I decided to try this for myself, mainly out of curiosity.

This is what I used:

I tried it for the first time last night and I will say it is interesting to say the least.

My cats disturbed me a couple of times, but I was able to reach an extremely relaxed state where I felt like I was floating, instead of laying on the bed.

I did have a vision, what that was will remain for a later date, but it was short and incomplete.

I am curious to know if anyone else has tried this, what results you got, and what methods you used to do so.

I will add that what I saw was very vivid, and I still retain the complete vision today. Weird.

Thanks

I have done this many times with myself and others (no money made) and as far as I was told, everyone found the experience to be very informative.
I have taken hypnosis course at university and am well aware of what not to say so as to avoid implanting ideas.
I found it to be almost like opening a shade during morning hours. Not new information but light being shed on that which was in the dark. I'll probably do it again. Maybe more info awaits.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

In my past, I can remember coming from the future, where they had already completely debunked past lives and time travel.

So, although I wouldn't have believed you in the future, I might in the past.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join