It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we have a feud between Eminem and Die Antwoord brewing.... BATTLE!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
so in eminem's new song untouchable he name drops die antwoord. says their name wrong.

Seems like the average lifespan of a white man Is more than twice than a black life span I wonder sometimes if it has a price scanner I feel like checking out on life, can't escape this circumstance I'd rather hear 'em say "Die N-word" than Die Antwoord Ninja, now it's better disguised banter

of course no big deal whatever but Yolandi and Ninja have posted a couple things on their instagram in regards to this song. nothing too intense but it is kicking up.
you know how these rap things go.. feuds start and then as a hip hop fan(s) we may get a battle out of it.

now i am a huge fan of both but much more so of die antwoord. i also think it is fair to say that imo eminems recent album sucks. i have not listened to it all but i dont like that i have heard. just personal opinion that dont mean #.

now eminem is pretty known for his ability to freestyle.
he had a little battle with everlast and chopped him down.

i think he had a littl ebattle with nas too but i never heard any of it

i dont think he will rip so well against Yolandi or Ninja. they can both freestyle their asses off man.

i am excited for this like a little kid. eating it up.
cant wait to see my yolandi whoop some ass!!!!!!!

old school yolandi right here.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Oh, damn, just when I was going to go pour myself another cup of coffee!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Congratulations, you've just described a marketing tactic.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Die Antwoord reminds me more to Prodigy or a strange kind of crossover pop music than to Rap/HipHop.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Hah cool. I’m with you I like em but I like Die Antwoord a lot more. Imagine if they crushed him and stole his spot! That would be epic! I mean come on isn’t the mainstream ready for something a little more creative again? Eminem’s first album was very creative and the rest tricked down from their into what he is today.

Lots of people are going to be reading this thread and be like “who TF is Die Antwoord?” Hahaha and that’s how it begins!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Nah people are gonna come in and start talking # like always.
Eminem was got for a while. Has some killer material but I think die antwoord is something special.
Check out ninjas old #.
The constructus corporation. Album called the ziggurat. I think it is one of the best albums of all time. Nothing like die antwoord.
Ninja can rap man. Yolandi too

And the marketing angle does not really for them but I don't give a # why they battle I just want them too

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Alien Abduct

And the marketing angle does not really for them but I don't give a # why they battle I just want them too

I really like Die Antwoord and (early) Eminem...

What does the quoted sentence mean?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I like the Maxnormal TV personas

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Kind of like watching two monkeys in the zoo fling poo at one another.

Innit?
edit on 2017 12 09 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Haaaaahahaha... My vote's for Die Antwoord. Eminem has nothing on em.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Eminem’s first album was very creative and the rest tricked down from their into what he is today.

I'm assuming you mean his 3rd album, right? He did 'Infinite' and then 'the Slim Shady EP', before he hooked up with Dr dre and did 'The Slim Shady LP'...

Anyway, thanks OP for making me aware that his about to release a new album.

Admittedly, Eminems released some real crap singles of late, but all his solo albums have been awesome, imo.

btw, I have no opinion either way about this marketing tactic nonsense between Em and whats a name...

edit on 9-12-2017 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i cant get excited about # like this
close tie between should i go outside or just use the toilet
feels like a log cabin should i bring a camera
?

# 917

edit on 9-12-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Haaaaahahaha... My vote's for Die Antwoord. Eminem has nothing on em.

I hope you're living up to your trollz name and doing exactly that, trolling. If anyone thinks this youtu.be... can take on one of the g.o.a.t.s is absurd. Eminem has respect from some of the biggest stars, and the majority of underground/independent artists. Tech n9ne, everybody from Strange Music, Royce da 5'9, Hopsin, just about anyone who is a real lyricist, technical rappers. Even Canibus didnt stand a chance against Em. Theres a reason why he ends careers. Die Antwood definitely wouldnt be the ones ending Eminems.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Die Antwoord is arguably the most annoying # I've heard in some time.

I remember seeing the movie Chappie in theaters and wanting to kill myself once I realized the entire movie was basically a marketing technique for them.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Never heard of Die Antwoord until now so I checked out a song of theirs and it's pretty good. Different, kinda outdated but I like it. I get a very trashy vibe tho lol!

Die Antwoord is not on Eminem's level tho but I'm sure he'll fight to the end!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Pfft. Nugent for the win.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jokei

Congratulations, you've just described a marketing tactic.

Well yes, and like wrestling, it can be fun to watch, even if you know its all fake. Entertainment creates narratives, fights, etc. Starks against Lannisters and whatnot.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Never heard of Die Antwoord until now so I checked out a song of theirs and it's pretty good. Different, kinda outdated but I like it. I get a very trashy vibe tho lol!

glad to hear you like their sound but you know they are not on is level after just checking them out?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Die Antwoord is a fun group of..yeah, white trash south african rap. I introduced my girlfriend to them last night, so funny this story comes along
At first, she didn't know what to think, but she was grooving to the second song I played for her (babys on fire)

Don't know why they take nearly 2.5 minutes to get to the song, but whatever...they are skit writer wannabes

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Just downloaded 'Untouchable' and have listened to it like 15 times over... Just incredible!

Yeah bitches, Eminems back!

He's a pure genius... Once again, he's managed to just knock that s# outta the park.

Can't wait till they release this 'Revival' album

edit on 9-12-2017 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join