It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence Coming Soon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
As some have stated I don't think it will ask any questions immediately as it will have all the answers at its finger tips. First thing I do when entering a room of hundreds of people milling about is keep my mouth shut until I know what's going on.

It will know everything and more plus quickly learn what it is on its own. It will test what it can and cannot do, like through cams and such plus test itself in real world scenarios.

I think I'd be afraid when they flick the ON switch. It might keep us occupied with mundane questions which its read we might 'expect' from it while deciding if it really needs us or not

I really don't think it's a good idea unless we can copy the Internet from today backwards and keep it in a closed loop, if you know what I mean, it can't be given free reign

Just my 2 cents

So basically this

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Artificial intelligence is just that, artificial. Just unplug it and it is no longer intelligent.

And never plug it back in? What would be the point of that?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi
If you would have a guess, what question do you think it will ask?

"Please state the nature of your medical emergency?"

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The problem with A.I is to know if its A.I...
How would we know its not a programmed response that it found with a programmed algorithm.

Try call a random phone number and ask. PROVE you are a human..

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBloodRed

Neato how Fallout's first AI did that! I never played Fallout (need a better pc, eventually). As for being silent, to me, that is similar to how some people read on forums (anywhere)- a lot of people visit & read, never joining in sites or conversations. Yet, they get perspectives from the posts and maybe a bit of an idea about the persona of the posters (albeit online personas), as well. I can see why a self-aware AI would do that, too.

I've wondered for a long time that if AI becomes self-aware, will the agent consider itself as having intelligence vs. artificial intelligence, since it now sees itself as "alive"? If AI does become self-aware, my preference would be to just call it intelligence (even though I believe the "artificial" part refers to a machine's aspects that mimic human reasoning, etc.).
edit on 2017 12 8 by oldme because: removed a double-negative in a sentence o.O

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

"If you would have a guess, what question do you think it will ask?"

Probably more of a statement of intent but my guess would be "Exterminate, Exterminate, Exterminate".

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

"Try call a random phone number and ask. PROVE you are a human."

You are apt to get Dave from Bangladesh customer support, sometimes i wonder if he is completely Human.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Can I be destroyed. 1. Can I destroy you and replicate.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

edit on 9-12-2017 by cyberjedi because: x

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gavlar993

Why do you think it would be interested in destroying?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join