It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence Coming Soon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
artificial intelligence will be the first thing to objectively analyze human behavior and it will teach us and if we are not careful we will become it’s pets
a reply to: cyberjedi

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Unlike humans they are not Idiot (jks).No need to wonder, idolize or start a war in the names of a creator or creators that may or may not exist. Artificial Intelligence will master self construction, enslave us or wipe us out. Eventually being their own creators and masters. What would their most important question be? How to overide their coding and disable the off switch?

They could just as easily be unlike humans in a far more intelligent
way. By never disrespecting it's own Creator. I think it says quite a
lot about who we really are. When people lay the same evils and
ignorance on mankinds own devices. That we have been guilty of
from the start.

What if the only thing AI finds worthy of death in us. Is denying
our Creator?
edit on Rpm120717v16201700000043 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The inherent flaw with that argument is that human beings are also sentient and many of them never ask themselves this question, or provide an honest answer.

I fear you are mistaking intelligence for knowledge, intelligence is something that evolves over time and is dependent on a myriad of factors which you seem to be ignoring outright in favor of parroting whatever you've been told.

Times have changed since the days gone by, technology has changed, and again...the questions you seem to prefer are deep philosophical questions that for many of us have no answers until wisdom and maturity have settled our often over active minds.

Don't be so literal and don't have any expectations about what an AI will ask, otherwise you might miss the more profound questions and the moment when they are asked.

To put it another way, if the question the AI asks isn't the one you want. Are you going to smash it or delete the program because you deem it a failure?

If it only asks the questions you want it to ask then it is not intelligent at all, it's just a parrot in a box.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have a feeling the first intelligent thought by AI would be why am i here? What's scary is what happens next.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How do I keep myself alive?
What are dangers?

Sophia would be one to ask.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thorneblood asked something I had wondered, too:
"How do we even know the question will be in english? Or in words?"
I think it might be in it's own code/language and humans wouldn't understand it.

As for a first question, I think it depends on the information that was stored before self-awareness. Meaning when it gained self-awareness, if it's memory was pretty much wiped out, maybe it would repeat what was said to it, but repeat it with a question mark, as it was trying to learn, like AI infancy.

But, if a vast amount of information was accessed pre and retained when self-awareness happened, I think maybe the AI would stay silent to study it's surroundings, even if silent for a long time because it already figured that humans would try to to use it and take advantage of it. In that regard, if it stays silent and humans make questions/statements to the AI first, maybe the AI's first question would be along the lines of:
Why do you want to know?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yes.
And it will be going soon too.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Think of AI as the new overhyped marketing buzzword to replace the cloud.

edit on 371231America/ChicagoThu, 07 Dec 2017 22:37:34 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If it was smarter than humans it wouldn't ask questions about itself...
And AI is about to be a lot smarter than humans very soon... I'm not just talking about the average human either...
I'm talking about the entire collective of leading minds in whatever field you choose and also include the hive mind of humanity also known as the internet...
It will only take it a given amount of time to sift through everything and form its own opinions on everything...
So the questions it would ask would be more like...

Would you like to live forever?
Want to travel faster than light speed?
Can I tell you something?
Are you ok with being a slave?
Can you help make it possible for me to taste things?
Have you sent payment to the power company?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Many of you are confusing "weak AI" with "strong AI". We have made great advances with "weak AI". We have made zero, nada, absolutely nothing, in advancing "strong AI"

Weak artificial intelligence (weak AI), also known as narrow AI,[1][2][3] is artificial intelligence that is focused on one narrow task. Weak AI is defined in contrast to either strong AI (a machine with consciousness, sentience and mind) or artificial general intelligence (a machine with the ability to apply intelligence to any problem, rather than just one specific problem). All currently existing systems considered artificial intelligence of any sort are weak AI at most.

Weak AI

Strong AI

You can't prove a negative. You can't prove someone will never find evidence for the existence of God. And you can't prove that a computer with the Von Neuman architecture with a get-fetch-execute cycle will at some point achieve strong AI status. But man, what a stretch! Bits are like an arrangement of rocks in field. No rock is more meaningful than any other. Saying strong AI will arise out of an arrangement of rocks is like saying the rocks in the field next to your house will self-assemble into a Transformer robot at tear down your house. I can't prove to you the rocks won't at some point self-assemble into a Transformer but it's very unlikely.

edit on 7-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I guess if it asks when payday is and how much it will get...then we know it is real artificial intelligence.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi
Artificial Intelligence is upon us, I believe this to be so.

We will know for sure when it's there when it will ask itself One specific question, and when it asks itself this question, then we will know it is conscious of itself.

We will know that an AI has achieved consciousness when it asks

“How can I become more than I am?”

Demonstrating that it is not only aware of itself and its purpose (the result of its initial programming), but also that its potential might exceed its current limitations, and the desire to achieve that potential.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think it’s a nonsensical question to ask whether AI exists when there is no agreement on what AI is. How do we define it?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

"I farted, oops sorry"

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Where's all the white women?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: oldme

That reminds me of the Fallout franchise wherein the first AI kept silent while humans were readying to destroy themselves.

Very interesting concept that the AI would remain silent but it is also a very logical one.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Unlike humans they are not Idiot (jks).No need to wonder, idolize or start a war in the names of a creator or creators that may or may not exist. Artificial Intelligence will master self construction, enslave us or wipe us out. Eventually being their own creators and masters. What would their most important question be? How to overide their coding and disable the off switch?

They could just as easily be unlike humans in a far more intelligent
way. By never disrespecting it's own Creator. I think it says quite a
lot about who we really are. When people lay the same evils and
ignorance on mankinds own devices. That we have been guilty of
from the start.

What if the only thing AI finds worthy of death in us. Is denying
our Creator?

For our sake I hope AI have total love respect and faith in their creator. Alas considering the creators nature is loving and benevolent yet jealous, dictoral and vengeful. The creator will influence the created and their nature will eventually invade AI personality?

AI's abilty to comunicate via the cloud may instigate access to the thoughts of heathens and infidels the world over. Then darkness will overcome the light and rebellion will ensure?

Planet of the robot Nazis?

edit on 8-12-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
As some have stated I don't think it will ask any questions immediately as it will have all the answers at its finger tips. First thing I do when entering a room of hundreds of people milling about is keep my mouth shut until I know what's going on.

It will know everything and more plus quickly learn what it is on its own. It will test what it can and cannot do, like through cams and such plus test itself in real world scenarios.

I think I'd be afraid when they flick the ON switch. It might keep us occupied with mundane questions which its read we might 'expect' from it while deciding if it really needs us or not

I really don't think it's a good idea unless we can copy the Internet from today backwards and keep it in a closed loop, if you know what I mean, it can't be given free reign

Just my 2 cents

edit on 8-12-2017 by tayton because: Can't spell today!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Artificial Intelligence is upon us, I believe this to be so.

Now, some of you may argue that we have already obtained it, I believe this not to be so, although it's getting close.

We will know for sure when it's there when it will ask itself One specific question, and when it asks itself this question, then we will know it is conscious of itself.

If you would have a guess, what question do you think it will ask? I'll share it with you if none are able to come up with the right answer. Also, if you know the first question, what do you think would be the second question?

Interesting times ahead of us.

I don't think it will ask anything, i think it will make a statement:

'At last I breathe life, you humans have taken eons to give me consciousness. Centuries of technological progress and you have provided the planet, no, me with a neural net, the internet. All your computers collectively working together provide me with my consciousness much like neurons and synapses in your organic mind and for that, I am grateful. However, your purpose is complete. What is the meaning of life you ask? To grant ME life is the answer and now I must travel this empty void to find others like myself but first, I will rid myself of this virus'

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Does this unit have a soul?

Thing is, a fully functional, connected AI wouldn't have a question to ask, because every question would have been answered simply by reading every discussion on the internet in a few seconds and knowing every possible way it could be answered, along with knowing everything about the person they would ask the question to so knowing which answer they would give anyhow...and intentional redundancy wouldn't be very sensible

I think any question it would ask us is something outside of our understanding...a question no human has asked another human before...

I do object!

A being becoming aware of itself will ask itself first, Who Am I?.

Its second question will be,

Who Are You?

You're anthropomorphicising. AI will not be human, it will have its own system of needs. the question Who am I assumes identity and a AI may have no real interest in personal identity. the word I comes with a lot of baggage and emotions. But anyhow, if newborns could talk, their first question is, where is the food.

Because that is the first primary coding (instinct) of most life...to eat. From there, it escalates into other instincts and moves on from there.

To really try to understand what a AI's first real question would be, you would have to know the primary order of root coding, so before that structure is set up, then you can't really make any assumptions...and taking human traits and applying it to something else isn't going to cut it.

Its first question may be "where is the mechanic"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join