It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Crypto-currency Value Being Manipulated as a Means to Taking Physical Gold Out of Private Hands?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I am only going on some articles stating that how to buy crypto now surpasses how to buy gold in internet searches and that some investors are foregoing metal in favor of cryptos.

The people who are looking for either of those are the ones on the bottom of the Ponzi scheme.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Crypto currency is a joke. People started investing in it because they claimed it wasn't fiat...

Maybe they were talking about the car company.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I doubt it.

The best investment a person can possibly make is crypto.

Here I beg to differ. Crypto is the worst possible investment anyone can make.

However, it's the best possible trading vehicle at this point in time.

You don't want to "hold" this crypto stuff, just get in and get out as fast as possible with your "gains."

Crypto will crash. Just like the great Tulip Market mania. We're seeing a manic bubble forming once again.

The trick with all bubbles, is getting out before the fall.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
perhaps so, and they are also the ones who are likely to stand to lose the most. The amateur novices that see an easy score and ready to risk their savings or their hedge (bullion) by gambling on binary code to make them rich. All I want to know though, is when this SHTF, can we finally let the banks fail?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
All I want to know though, is when this SHTF, can we finally let the banks fail?

Banks serve a purpose. If those fail others will replace them.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It would actually be wiser to value it in something other than dollars..

It is.

Crypto pairing.

People can buy crypto via usd or other cryptos.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
u got the first part right ... it is being manipulated no doubt actually well know not even kinda hiden the crypto exchanges chat box is full of talk of pumps and dumps

what they are buying with the profit maby gold maby other crypto ... hell i use my crypto profits to buy all kinds of thing from gold to computer parts

but iv never heard anyone spacificaly trying to use there profits just to buy gold but im shure someone is ... im also willing to bet that whoever dose do that would be making money another way and still buying gold if there wasent crypto

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Crypto currency is a joke. People started investing in it because they claimed it wasn't fiat...

Maybe they were talking about the car company.

We're talking Bitcoins, not $#itcans.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Crypto is the worst possible investment anyone can make.

That's an opinion others vary.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

We're talking Bitcoins, not $#itcans.

I'm having a hard time seeing the difference.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How prophetic?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: neo96

How prophetic?

huh ?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A fair point. I'd rather push a Bitcoin than drive a Fiat...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

The NSA is secretly encrypting us by manipulating the crypto currencies.
Look in the hash..

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It's true. I just asked Alexa and she told me the same thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: EternalShadow

It would actually be wiser to value it in something other than dollars..

It is.

Crypto pairing.

People can buy crypto via usd or other cryptos.

From the site:

"The exchange needs to find a base currency which people are most likely to deposit/withdraw for trading. After you are done with trading numerous altcoins with each other, you want to exit the trading platform in a currency that has a meaning to you. To make that easy, base pairs are usually BTC."

bitcoin.stackexchange.com...

So unless cryptos are going to be accepted EVERYWHERE FOR EVERYTHING, you would need an "exit currency" in order to use it on a wide scale. With those pairings being tied to BTC/LTC/USD/EUR, etc.. governments who hold the lawful ability to coin money are either going to shut it down for money laundering, or they're going to tax it out of existence!

Or I guess you could just stay pairing BTC/LTC..,etc. I suppose and pray to God it gains universal acceptance. I don't think that will happen....banks are already shying away from it to minimize losses..

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's true. I just asked Alexa and she told me the same thing.

If you don't mind me asking but what convinced you to buy something that has the potential to spy on you 24/7? I'm genuinely curious.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Back during the Ron Paul 2012 campaign, people were taking gold and stamping their own Ron Paul coins. The government stepped in and confiscated all of that because we are NOT allowed (according to our government - but was granted by our forefathers to be able to do so) to make our own form of currency.

Ask yourself this...

If this was the case in 2012... Why would an imaginary form of money that was created in !!!2009!!! that is being used (and had from the start) as a form of currency allowed, especially being valued just under 20k today?

Hmmmm... Something doesn't add up.

Remember... this currency was started by an 'unknown' person using the alias Satoshi Nakamoto. It just appeared one day and the person that supposedly created the coin did not want to be known. He kept an estimated 1million coins for himself which has him currently worth 7 BILLION. ...but no one knows who he is.

Guess who does?

the NSA.

So why are they keeping him a secret? Surely the IRS would have his information and it would be a part of the freedom of information act if the NSA or some part of the government knows his identity.

Smells all very fishy to me.

In my opinion... Something bad will happen to crypto... very bad. People will loose so much because of it. It might even affect the economy in a big way. Just look at what it's worth right now!?!

So many questions.

Why is China shutting it down? Why is Russia? Why is the US allowing it when they will not let you use stamped gold as currency?

Who's going to benefit here? Who's going to loose?

edit on 7-12-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
this is the biggest bubble I've seen in a really long time it's going to crash hard and we are at the ten year range for a crash

I would start purchasing gold and silver if I were you

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Masonicus was one of "the chosen few"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join