It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Crypto-currency Value Being Manipulated as a Means to Taking Physical Gold Out of Private Hands?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was just thinking to myself, that lots of people are jumping on to the crypto's thing right now because they see it yielding so much higher than traditional assets and securities. But IMO, the only way to explain the sudden inflation of the value of these private fiat currencies is that institutional investors and banks are doing it on purpose. They saw the record levels of gold and silver being bought over the last few years and realized that too much bullion is leaving the vaults and going into private hands. some financial pundits are writing that many investors are shorting their gold positions in favor of the private fiat currencies.

As their warehouses got lighter, the formulas for maintaining a 10 - 1 ration on paper gold and silver were probably not working out right due to individuals keeping their metal instead of selling it back to the big boys who just shuffle it from one vault to another in large flash sales to keep manipulating prices.

So, the are now manufacturing this crypto-bubble as a way to get regular folk to sell their gold for the new digital gold! I feel like once they have an accurate accounting of the volume of gold they wanted returned to their large vaults, they will pop the bubble so everyone has to turn to them for loans and bailouts instead of just trading in their real money (bullion) as their insurance policy.

Im just theorizing in my head based on what I have noticed the last year. Perhaps my theory is baseless, but there could be something to it. Just thoughts to ponder on.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think Occam's razor simply suggests people are seeing the insane increases in value it's doing, and just piling in with their cash? Which then boosts it ever higher?

I can't imagine anybody is selling their gold to jump into bitcoin are they?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
Some people are yes. Others are foregoing buying gold and instead opting for cryptos. Thats essentially keeps gold from leaving the vaults into private hands.

And some suckers are clearing out everything they have to pour it into crypto in hopes of doubling up or better. I just thought it was an interesting phenomenon to look into. Im getting ready to buy in myself against my own gut instinct, but I won't be selling anything I own to do so.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I doubt it.

The best investment a person can possibly make is crypto.

But people do diversify. It's a cardinal rule.

Traditional investments plus crytpos.

Never keep all your eggs in one basket as they say.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Mark this post.

America's Future

This is why the "old money" purge is happening.

The Economist magazine published an article almost thirty years ago, discussing the prospect of a world currency that should be expected around the year 2018. The 1988 article foreshadows a methodical movement towards a centralized world currency that we have, in many ways, seen play out over the past few decades.

One must also keep in mind that the controlling interest of The Economist is held by the powerful Rothschild family, who regard themselves as the “custodians of The Economist magazine’s legacy.” In essence, the magazine operates as a quasi-propaganda arm for the Rothschild banking empire and related businesses and, is in many ways, meant to prime the pump of public opinion for the globalist agenda to be implemented.

Link

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
So then you welcome the advent of the cashless society? Because thats the other side of this. If the global establushment is shifting everybody to crypto, is that not technically a way of getting people to voluntarily embrace the cashless world?

Well, that was not really the topic I was going for I guess, so I will apologize for going there. But I certainly believe they are trying to pry every last gram of gold from private hands before they pull another confiscation of '33 type of scenario.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

We already are a cashless society.

Credit and debit cards.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
They saw the record levels of gold and silver being bought over the last few years and realized that too much bullion is leaving the vaults and going into private hands.

Most precious metals never go anywhere when they are sold, they remain in whatever institution holds them. Very few people with large gold assets move them into private storage.

edit on 7-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96I do not shop with those, I use cash. because I have to consciously choose to fight the global financial powers on my terms, and that means not having a deposit account or using plastic to pay for anything. Its the best I can do, and it does not make my life any more difficult.

You know, I think I changed my mind and am just going to avoid crypto like if it was candy in the hand of the devil. Everybody else can ride this tsunami to the heavens, I will watch safely from the shore. I like my feet on dry land.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

right, but the regular folks have a significant amount of gold floating around in rivate hands in smaller quantities. I think they are doing their damndest to take whatever security the small guy has and this crypto phenomenon is a way to trick people into doing just that. I take all my gold in physical delivery. I mean, if people thought a run on the banks would be bad, whats will happen when there is a run on the paper gold?? There is ten times more on paper than the contracts can fulfill. In fact before crypto's, it was the paper metal that was the new gimmick.

Seems like the financial powers just keep on pumping one gimmick out after another.
edit on 12-7-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

When you get strippers and unsophisticated investors yapping on about cryptocurrency, you know you are in a bubble. We saw the same thing in the housing market where everyone and their grandma was trying to build mini-real estate empires flipping homes.

This is going to crash and crash hard.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I still don't get how crypto currency even works. It's a means of payment that is created out of thin air. People already seem convinced that the bubble is about to burst but Bitcoin is still rising despite that. I have a hard time trusting something that can easily be shutdown at any moment and lose its complete value over night. Steam has already canceled Bitcoin as a means of payment in his shop. They won't be the last.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
right, but the regular folks have a significant amount of gold floating around in rivate hands in smaller quantities. I think they are doing their damndest to take whatever security the small guy has and this crypto phenomenon is a way to trick people into doing just that. I take all my gold in physical delivery. I mean, if people thought a run on the banks would be bad, whats will happen when there is a run on the paper gold?? There is ten times more on paper than the contracts can fulfill. In fact before crypto's, it was the paper metal that was the new gimmick.

Seems like the financial powers just keep on pumping one gimmick out after another.

Your premise relies on the fact that everyone or even most people are using gold to buy cryptos which you don't know to be the case.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96I do not shop with those, I use cash. because I have to consciously choose to fight the global financial powers on my terms, and that means not having a deposit account or using plastic to pay for anything. Its the best I can do, and it does not make my life any more difficult.

Cash is a creation of those global financial powers.

I assume your talking bout bankers., but the funny part there is money comes from the federal reserve.

Printed out of thin air.

Peoples angst towards them is misplaced. The federal reserve controls the money supply and interest rates that effect every investment vehicle there is.

Save one.

Crypto.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
Not to mention hackers just stole In a theft on the cryptocurrency-mining service NiceHash, hackers made off with nearly $70 million worth of Bitcoin.

Maybe thats just the banks double dipping lol! Thats the other problem I have with crypto, the # is not even safe from digital theft, and if you are a victim you got nobody reimbursing you for the loss.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We already are a cashless society.

Credit and debit cards.

That's less cash....not cashless.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
One could make the argument the success of the bull market in stocks has also been driving crytpos forward.

People are using it as a hedge for the eventual downturn.

It's cyclical.

Goes up and goes down.

Two things you can count on.

The only question is when.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Crypto currency is a joke. People started investing in it because they claimed it wasn't fiat... how in the blue hell can a currency based entirely on bits, bytes, and 100% non-physical, non-tangible exchanges be anything but fiat? Invest in the 4 Ls...your life, your loves, land, and lead. They're the only finites in this world today.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
you are right, but I said I was speculating from the get go just for the sake of exploring this discussion. I am only going on some articles stating that how to buy crypto now surpasses how to buy gold in internet searches and that some investors are foregoing metal in favor of cryptos.A
a reply to: neo96
You are correct as well. But cash in the United States is the primary way of purchasing any goods and service. Occasionally I am able to buy things from people using silver or gold bullion though. Part of the reason I divest into metal is because cash is toilet paper printed out of thin air as well. But cash in my hand is real and accepted up front.

The only reason I am sketchy about the coming cashless society is mostly due to bible prophecy and such.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You know, I think I changed my mind and am just going to avoid crypto like if it was candy in the hand of the devil. Everybody else can ride this tsunami to the heavens, I will watch safely from the shore. I like my feet on dry land.

I have a new ATS hero! I can see trough the fog too.

If someone steals my 110 Acres, I will know. They will have to take me with it.
edit on 7-12-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
One could make the argument the success of the bull market in stocks has also been driving crytpos forward.

I'll argue that if that were the case, considering the FED's QE policies and stock and bond purchases and buybacks, that the FED/bankers are encouraging their own demise. That is IF cryptos can survive regulation from financial institutions and the IRS. It would actually be wiser to value it in something other than dollars..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join